Skenderberg

About The Latest Video, A Rant Against Naive Realism

6 posts in this topic

Finished watching the whole video and he said that our brain render reality and reality is not physical. Was thinking if reality is nothing but what the brain render, then all human beings render their own reality? Or do we all render the same reality together? We share the same engine? like a game engine that render stuff when you move around.

Edited by Skenderberg

No, I said the brain does NOT render reality. The brain is part of the stuff rendered, obviously.

I said nothing renders reality. << that's facing the mysticism head-on.

Imagine a game like World of Warcraft running on a server, but the server isn't silicon-based, it's literally nothing. That's sorta like actual reality.

If you object, "But how could that be?", notice: how could anything be? Notice that no way is any less mystical than another. And notice that reality doesn't need to obey the limits of your rational mind or human intuition, because reality is unlimited. It has infinite capability, and is therefore literally indistinguishable from magic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

No, I said the brain does NOT render reality. The brain is part of the stuff rendered, obviously.

I said nothing renders reality.

That is trippy as hell, but true if you think about it. The mind comes after, not before because nothingness spawns everything including thoughts into being :D 

@Leo Gura

Leo ive heard you say there are límits to reality, though much less than what the naive realist imagines.

Técnically speaking there shouldnt be any limits no? I get that in practice there are but tecnically there arent right?

11 hours ago, Nexeternity said:

@Leo Gura

Leo ive heard you say there are límits to reality, though much less than what the naive realist imagines.

Técnically speaking there shouldnt be any limits no? I get that in practice there are but tecnically there arent right?

Maybe there are limits in this particular universe (e.g. you can't go past the speed of light (as far as we know)) but ultimately there are no limits because there are probably an infinite amount of universes. Therefore, in some other universe you can go past the speed of light and in another universe there isn't even such as thing as the speed of light.

I've heard it discussed that there are local limits. that the rules of reality are a phenomena we observe because we are a small perspective looking at a small event. mindfulness work is a way to increase our awareness, which increases our limits. I suppose what a yogi is capable of is very unimaginable for us - magic. what I am capable of now in this moment, is nothing, however - I cannot imagine dying and being not dead. I cannot imagine the wound on my finger to heal within the next day. but if the measurement is large enough - these things are possible. 

Edited by aryberry