malakai

what does it take to give someone an 'aha' moment?

10 posts in this topic

following advice from the 4 hour work week: if there is someone out there that knows something, ask them! 

the direction i'm going with my life purpose means I will need to learn how to inspire people to take action and make a change to their lives in the direction of actualisation. while I know you can't change somebody, I know you can influence them.

has anyone out there found a way (maybe a style of speaking, words you can use, the approach you take) that the majority of the time leads the listener to specifically have an aha moment or deep insight? i know this may be related to persuasion techniques and charisma (something I will be reading about) but might there be another way? and i know there will be manipulation techniques out there and, while I'll avoid using them, they are useful to know all the same.

can you point me to any books? 

also, i want to take a more subtle approach to persuasion - I'm not a very pushy type, nor do I want to be. the medium for this will be some sort of weird hybrid of poetic sounding talking, coaching and counselling, writing and art! for now just imagine it's through conversation or speeches 

i will be contemplating this myself but in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts? i hope by looking for specific techniques I'm not glossing over something that is actually fairly obvious! :S

thank you! 

You can't make anyone in your audience have an "ah-ha" or insight. If that happens, it will happen on it's own. 

What I would focus on if I were you is actually believing in what you're saying, and the purpose in why you're sharing anything at all.

It's not about persuasion, or any technique. Its about pure belief in what you're saying as something that's important. The audience will know if you're speaking from that place of pure intention, because it can't be faked. 

And that is the only thing that will truly make an impact on someones life.

Nobody remembers the dude in the Facebook or YT Ad who "persuades" you to join their Amazon FBA course.

They remember the dude who was sharing from his heart and soul and believed in his message.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Same thoughts as Victor, what is important is the intention, the belief of importance of what you do. I would also say that what is true to you inwardly can be, and should be, 'tweaked' by outward techniques. If your face is about to be seen by the one who receives, train in front of a mirror to see whether your facial expression is congruent with what you are saying. Also, you can practise visualization - you can imaine yourself speaking with the confidence, right intention, from your heart and seeing the receiver being inspired. ery clearly see the receiver listening to what you say and getting the aha moment. How does the aha moment looks for them?

On 22/02/2022 at 6:05 PM, malakai said:

has anyone out there found a way (maybe a style of speaking, words you can use, the approach you take) that the majority of the time leads the listener to specifically have an aha moment or deep insight? i know this may be related to persuasion techniques and charisma (something I will be reading about) but might there be another way? and i know there will be manipulation techniques out there and, while I'll avoid using them, they are useful to know all the same.

I feel like you're conflating persuasion and stimulating insights here.

To study what makes people say yes, I'd recommend to read Robert Cialdini's Influence.

For deep insight, you can not make someone have that. But you can encourage it, which is the domain of coaching.

Here, what's the most important is to let go of the insight you think they should have, and after doing that, actually ask the unbiased deep questions that makes them figure it out.

If they are stuck, tell a true story about someone else (or you) in a similar situation, and the insight that they had. See if it resonates. If it doesn't, then that is not the insight that the person you are talking to is currently ready for.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I don't think you can.  You can only speak what's true to you and if it resonates with another person, great, and if not that is also okay, too.
It is fun to practice this, though - I love when I can inspire some sort of sense of awareness in another person.
I think the best way to do this is to share music.  I hear God in music much of the time and would love to share that "aha" sensation with others when listening to a good song. :) 

@VictorB02 @MilenaS @flowboy @Loba @Gianna 

thank you everyone, glad to have had such helpful responses for my first post! there's a lot to implement here

notes to myself to summarise: 

believe in the message and the audience will feel that too, but you can't force insight (only influence). they'll resonate with the message if they're ready.

influencing: persuasion - saying yes. tell a true story. ask unbiased questions. use certain techniques to make sure my inner and outer expressions align, visualise talking with confidence and the audience being inspired. 

I'll be checking out Influence by Cialdini and learning about coaching

thanks again ^_^

@malakai anytime!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Make sure that you talk to the right people. People who are looking for answers and aha moments.

Then it depends on what you have to say and what you envision for them.

Connect to the Truth.

By the the grace of divine order you two will cross paths.

By nature herself flowering will emerge. 

aha! The eyes are wider, the presence is clear. 

It happened.