Gregory1

Is Nahm banned? Or just demoted?

459 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Yarco said:

There are good mods here that I respect, but some pretty bad ones too. One mod basically let Thestarguitarist14 turn this forum into pure chaos for days straight and gave him way too many chances because of his own white guilt, all while handing out warning points to people who probably didn't deserve it. (I definitely deserved mine LOL. I'm not just salty about that.) I never saw him here before or since.

you're talking about @bejapuskas i agree that situation was pretty messed up

and i think he should take most warning points back

he seems like a nice guy though otherwise

2 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

@StarStruck omg I had the exact same thought. Carl Richard is the most problematic mod imo. He literally gives warning points for stating your opinion...?

You have 17 warning points from 5 different mods, 2 of them were from me.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You have 17 warning points, 2 of them were from me.

About time you joined the fun.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It was the right decision to ban Nam and I even thought this morning that he will be banned one day. 

I remember once writing, that it is difficult for my girlfriend to find a therapist because of cultural difference and my country I am living. 

Nahm:Look this is just a concept, recognize the thoughts and so on. 

Nahm I really like you, but you talk like brainwashed. Communicate simple and direct to practical things. Not everything must go into non duality theritory. 

You have deep knowledge and sometimes you helped to clear things out. It is not so that every post is unreadable. 

Edited by OBEler

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

It was the right decision to ban Nam and I even thought this morning that he will be banned one day. 

I remember once writing, that it is difficult for my girlfriend to find a therapist because of cultural difference and my country I am living. 

Nahm:Look this is just a concept, recognize the thoughts and so on. 

Nahm I really like you, but you talk like brainwashed. Communicate simple and direct to practical things. Not everything must go into non duality theritory. 

Bet he still likes Brittany though.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 lol good one

Yeah dont want to be harsh on Nahm, he tried to help a lot. And sometimes his messages can be of value. Just reading a long Text which looks like spaghetti and then understand nothing as a reader is frustrating.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

It is not that I don't like Carl-Richard. I respect different view points. This guy has a huge ego and shadow side. He accused me of being ideological while I hold 0 ideologies.

My interactions with you were initiated by multiple member reports about breaking the guidelines and I happened to agree. If you disagree with my assessment, then realize that you're not the first one to be confronted by a mod about such matters.

Just now, OBEler said:

@Inliytened1 lol good one

Yeah dont want to be harsh on Nahm, he tried to help a lot. And sometimes his messages can be of value. Just reading a long Text which looks like spaghetti and then understand nothing as a reader is frustrating.

As others said sometimes the teacher needs to meet the student at their level.  Yet..@nahms approach actually worked for him.  It just got to where he was injecting himself in threads for no reason, saying nothing of substance, just mumbling to himself really.  A sad situation.  I do hope he returns as a member and drips the neo-advaita stuff..I would love to have him back.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

29 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

About time you joined the fun.

I see it's open season on mods this week -_-

40 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You have 17 warning points from 5 different mods, 2 of them were from me.

@Carl-Richard +you banned me on my second account for no reason:(

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

4 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@Carl-Richard +you banned me on my second account for no reason:(

It's literally against the guidelines to use multiple accounts. You also used it to avoid post restriction on your main account 9_9

I messaged him over the phone yesterday, not impossible, but very likely he's never coming back. Would you?

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's literally against the guidelines 9_9

Other people here have multiple accounts too. Nobody cares.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Regardless of the difference in views, Nahm added a lot of value to the forum.

Moreover, what's the difference between saying all the time "you are god" compared to "there is no you.". Leo Gura also doesn't tell much new things and it often sounds like a broken record, too. There are no novel insights since the last 2 years imo. At least it seems like he cannot communicate it, if it would be the case. I don't think that is the point. Spiritual teachings are in general not cognitive demanding and it is about guiding people.

The forum guidelines state that different views must be tolerated as long as they are consistent with the other rules. Not tolerating other peoples views and the way there are, doesn't sound developed to me.

I also think they way Leo describes the communication skill of Nahm is kind of broken down and reduced to the worst part one could find, if he searches for.

And is there any proof, that the image Leo postet is about the original discussion? And moreover, how can anyone think that it is respectful to post a private conversation in a public forum? In addition, it was obviously not the whole conversation Leo had with Nahm, so it was taken out of context.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

5 minutes ago, Roy said:

I messaged him over the phone yesterday, not impossible, but very likely he's never coming back.

This is so sad... @Nahm please come back, I miss you:(

You are Love.

2 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Regardless of the difference in views, Nahm added a lot of value to the forum.

Moreover, what's the difference between saying all the time "you are god" compared to "there is no you.". Leo Gura also doesn't tell much new things and it often sounds like a broken record, too. There are no novel insights since the last 2 years imo. At least it seems like he cannot communicate it, if it would be the case. I don't think that is the point. Spiritual teachings are in general not cognitive demanding and it is about guiding people.

The forum guidelines state that different views must be tolerated as long as they are consistent with the other rules. Not tolerating other peoples views and the way there are, doesn't sound developed to me.

I also think they way Leo describes the communication skill of Nahm is kind of broken down and reduced to the worst part one could find, if he searches for.

And is there any proof, that the image Leo postet is about the original discussion? And moreover, how can anyone think that it is respectful to post a private conversation in a public forum? In addition, it was obviously not the whole conversation Leo had with Nahm, so it was taken out of context.

I think Leo's primary motivation for this is his thing about "Every teaching but mine is not about awakening and I want to tell you that they are all wrong and will no longer be tolerated around me.".

Glory to Israel

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

I messaged him over the phone yesterday, not impossible, but very likely he's never coming back. Would you?

That seems kinda absolutist to me... At least he could explain his decision, no? I mean he knows there's a lot of people here who are sad to see him leave. Wouldn't be cool to just walk outta here without even saying good bye... 

Leo is abusing his power on this forum and is turning this thing into a monarchy. First by watching private messages and now by demoting and banning people who don't fit his square. 

I've been asking serious questions lately and instead of getting serious replies I get insulted, threatened of ban and my threads closed. Nice treatment.. Very nice... 

I was thinking that Awakening was supposed to make you a nicer person. But Leo's empathy levels recently have been very very concerning. Things are only gonna get much worse it seems. Just watch what happens the next months. 

Edited by SQAAD

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

That seems kinda absolutist to me... At least he could explain his decision, no? I mean he knows there's a lot of people here who are sad to see him leave. Wouldn't be cool to just walk outta here without even saying good bye... 

Well technically Leo asked him to "leave the forum..." So it's not his fault:(

You are Love.

I appreciate Leo's work. But, for my life and spiritual needs personally... It's not the only work/ teaching I am interested in. If I only used Leo for spirituality I would be dysfunctional and neurotic. Leos stuff is so 'high level' much of the time and often explained through language. So you need to have a toolkit of practices. Mostly because its a video lecture. Books, journaling, meditation, Qigong and therapy are all Not that his teachings are bad, they are amazing and when used in combination with other teachers and practices are very good. 

Lately, I've been interested in the Tao and Qigong more than anything. But, that is with the lenses Leo gave me. So, I am trying to triangulate all yall until I get to the Gold Gold.

I may not be able to "Awaken" through Qigong and meditation but I am developing a quality of spiritual embodiment you won't through tripping. Though, that is part of a healthy practice as well.

Personally, Leo is one part of my spiritual/ practical tool kit. I learn from everyone.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"