justfortoday

A Detailed Explanation of How, and Why You Are the Only One Conscious

124 posts in this topic

Sorry if this question is a little frivolous, but if it so desired, could it end itself? Existing forever seems kinda jarring. 

5 hours ago, sleep said:

Sorry if this question is a little frivolous, but if it so desired, could it end itself? Existing forever seems kinda jarring. 

God can do mahasamadhi  (and later dream again).

And God can incarnate into something like a human without past memories, and God will  believe to be a finite mortal form. That's also kind of like a break from eternity.

But God can't literally end Itself.

14 hours ago, sleep said:

Never. I dare that you try to stop appearances from being. Time and space goes away, so there's no gap of non-experience that could ever have actuality.

We are a source of insane chaotic uncontrollable creation. No matter how much we try to still the mind, it never works. Being IN cessation is never experienced.

I am terrified by the implications of inevitability... E.g. one ego that can never be "enlightened" suffering forever in the most pain possible in an eternal black void. Ahh!

2 hours ago, sleep said:

@GreenWoods damn so god isn't omnipotent? 

God is omnipotent. That means God can do everything of Infinity.

But God/Infinity can't end Itself, because that is not a possibility of Infinity because God is Absolute.

There is nothing that can limit God, except God's own nature, which is being Absolute.

I appreaciate your guidance But just believing words its just Ideology 

23 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

God is omnipotent. That means God can do everything of Infinity.

But God/Infinity can't end Itself, because that is not a possibility of Infinity because God is Absolute.

There is nothing that can limit God, except God's own nature, which is being Absolute.

You're contradicting yourself. You say "God can do everything" but then say "God can't do X", you say "nothing can limit God" and then "X limits God"

You would get an F if you wrote this stuff down in a philosophy paper

No one knows if God is omnipotent or infinite.

Just because it feels that way doesn't mean it is so.

34 minutes ago, sleep said:

You're contradicting yourself. You say "God can do everything" but then say "God can't do X", you say "nothing can limit God" and then "X limits God"

You would get an F if you wrote this stuff down in a philosophy paper

I said God can do everything of Infinity.

God is Infinity. So Infinity contains everything that God is.

Saying that "God can't do X" is not accurate. The "end of God" or "nonexistence" is not something that God can or can't do, it is totally not even an option or possibility to consider. 

Omnipotence means being able to do everything. But nonexistence is not something that is a part of this "everything". 

And there is nothing outside this everything/Infinity, because there is only God, God is Absolute.

Philosophy can't understand God. 

Only God can understand Itself, and for that God needs to wake up.

@justfortoday thanks for this amazing post❤.could you answer a question for me?

1)do other characters of mine have imformation/knowledge about this dream that i don't?

For example- when I go to school.how is it that my dream character teacher knows more about this dream world than I do when the teacher isnt even conscious and doesnt have thoughts and feelings of his own? How is he able to give me practical advice (eg-how to solve a math equation or how to speak french)

Why is it that you justfortoday seem to have more understanding of awakening nonduality and spirituality than me? Justfortoday is a dream character(with out thoughts,feelings consiousness) I am imagining right?

Have I dreamt up that justfortoday is posting on the actualized forum and has more knowledge about awakening than me?If so should I follow your advice?

And if you say "yes" am I not just dreaming up that you said Yes? I could have just as easily dreamt up thay you would say "no" right? How can i know if something that is unconscious,unfeeling and unthinking is telling the truth?

And what about the opinions I think people form of me? Am I dreaming up those as well?

For example I feel as if you(justfortoday) will think "what a stupid question ineedanswers has asked.ineedanswers must be really dumb". Since I am dreaming you up and dream characters dont have feeling/thoughts do you even have the ability to form a opinion about me?

Edited by Ineedanswers

On 22/02/2022 at 9:58 PM, GreenWoods said:

It does.

If Consciousness is One, It has to be conscious of all of Itself, always. Otherwise it would either be not One or not Consciousness.

If there is something outside of your Consciousness then that would be unconsciousness, which is impossible because Consciousness is Absolute.

And there can not be another Consciousness outside your Consciousness. This would directly contradict that You are God and that God is One/Singular. 

Good points.

On 22/02/2022 at 3:28 AM, justfortoday said:

First, this is not for novices. I have seen a lot of questions and discussions on this forum about Solipsism, and people misunderstanding how it is that they could be the only conscious beings in existence. So, I wanted to drop some truth and give a detailed explanation for how it actually works.

Who the hell am I and why am I qualified to speak on this?

I'm a seeker, just like you, who has had dozens of incredibly powerful awakenings where I've realized the nature of reality and the self. I also had a near death experience where my heart stopped for 35 seconds in the hospital, and experienced the infinite. I have done psychedelics, as well as intensive self inquiry and experimentation with my visual field. All I ask is that you keep an open mind to the following, and I hope it helps.

So, is Solipsism true? 

100% Yes. However, you need to understand a few things to grasp this:

1 — What is God?

God is another word for that which cannot be spoken. It is "nothing." The great silence. Nothing is uncreated, as there is nothing else to create it, and necessary, as non-existence is impossible, as you would need existence to define against it.

"Nothing" / that which cannot be spoken is:

• Not a "thing", but a being
  • Eternal (as it did not have a beginning, nor an end, as it is uncreated)
  • Non-localized (as there is nothing outside of it to be contained in)
  • All powerful (as physical limits do not exist prior to nothing, there is nothing to limit it).

Because this "nothing" is all powerful, nothing limited it from "awakening" or creating consciousness. An important fact to recognize, is that this "nothing" is mystical in origin. That is right, reality is mystical in origin, and not mechanical. It literally came out of nowhere, and no when. Complete magic. Let this sink in.

2 — Notice that everything is happening in your mind

Look around you, look at your body, a tree, a house, whatever.

Realize that all of reality is appearing in your consciousness. No matter what you do, you cannot escape the colors, sounds, feelings, thoughts, etc.

Even if you come from the materialist paradigm that it is all your brain, everything you are experiencing is appearing in your mind.

You have never, in fact, experienced anything other than your mind.

Yes? Good.

Now, where most go wrong is that they assume that the colors, sounds, thoughts, feelings, sensations, etc, are happening in their brain, and that they are receiving input from a physical world and a physical universe. But notice that it is exactly backwards. 

You have zero experience of a brain, or a face, or a head.

Look at your own direct experience and notice that right where your "face" should be, you have a luminous void in which the world, colors, sounds, feelings, etc, are appearing.

This void, or screen, is happening nowhere. Everything you have ever experienced has taken place in this void.

Close your eyes. What do you see?

A dark field.

This dark field is what holds your entire existence.

Objects, the universe, the world, everything appears in your consciousness, not the other way around.

3 — What is reality?

Reality is a VR experience or game, created by God, to keep itself entertained for all eternity.

4 — Am I God?

Yes. You are conscious. You are god.

See, because God is one, there cannot be another experience but its experience. 

God is a singular being dreaming up lifetime after lifetime, from the first person perspective, for eternity.

It has nothing else to entertain itself for all eternity but to dream.

And your life, right now, is one of those dreams.

You are literally God dreaming that it is your human self.

And when your current lifetime ends, you awake as a new self, in a new dream, and the process repeats.

Your consciousness is God's consciousness. And you have been awake, dreaming lifetime after lifetime for EVER.

5 — Is my life a dream?

Yes. Your life is a dream.

There is no physical universe, physical world, physical anything. 

It is all simply appearances happening within your consciousness.

Everything you try to use as an excuse to this fact is in essence delusion.

Your senses are not communicating information to you from an outside source. 

Your visual field, what you are experiencing right now, is all there is. There is nothing behind the appearance causing it, and no 3D dimensionality. 

It is simply a flat screen "wrapped" around your "head", projecting images for you.

And this creates the illusion of being a physical body.

6 — Are others conscious?

No. Others are not conscious. Only you are conscious. 

There is ONE single instance of consciousness in existence. And that instance is YOU right now.

All "others" in your dream are simply shards of your own infinite mind. This mind again, is happening nowhere. It is absolute.

7— But how does it work?

Here is where it gets juicy:

So, as God is eternal all powerful.

It created this dream reality all at once, without any self living it.

All possible dreams. All possible lifetimes. All possible combinations of storylines, characters, and evens. All possible colors, sounds, feelings, objects, etc.

Everything that could ever possibly be (again, these are dreams, as nothing can be outside of a dream / consciousness), were imagined all at once.

All of reality created in one instant, but without any animating self or consciousness to experience it.

All characters were empty suits, as they were simply models created by this infinite mind.

Once that was done, God decided to JUMP in and live each possible lifetime and each possible character, from the first person perspective.

Your life /dream right now is one of those combinations / possibilities. And once you are done with this life, you will go on to live another dream.

You get it?

"My" life and "your" life are non concurrent — they are not simultaneous experiences.

God could have lived 1 million lifetimes between yours and mine.

From your perspective, it looks like there are others, but in reality, everyone in your dream is one of those empty suits that God imagined during the moment of creation.

But it gets more twisted, because one day you will live their existence within the dream, as they are another character. And you will then encounter a non-conscious version of yourself, but you will be in another character's body.

8 — Is my life a Replay? Do I have free will?

Yes, your life is a replay. It already happened in the mind of God, and what you are, is God *experiencing* that movie or dream.

Yes, you have free will, and can alter the chain of events unfolding in your dream. It is an interactive movie or VR experience.

----

Hope it helps.

If you have any questions please post below and I will try to answer.

@justfortoday You lost us on "God decided to JUMP in and live each possible lifetime and each possible character, from the first person perspective."

Are you saying God is living one lifetime one by one not simultaneously? Please clarify this .

You said " "My" life and "your" life are non concurrent — they are not simultaneous experiences. "

Isnt it sound absurd to say that God is having one person experience only? What about infinite number of other people experiences?

From the Absolute perspective me as GOD ( not ego my identity ) is imagining every other being and everything in my own consciousness which is infinite and is not limited to my own visual field and extend in all directions till infinity dreaming up every being in it. 

What you told sounds like saying my consciousness ( GOD ) is limited till my brain or head and that area is imagining every other being possible . Isnt this limit conscious ess to just my imaginery brain? Consciousness field is infinite and it extends in all directions. What you told above sounds like my conciousness exist only in my head . This makes consciousness finite and limited.

As you know consciousness is infinite field . So it cant be just be restricted to my body. 

Am I misunderstanding something ? Arent you wanna say that consciousness is imagining my body and it extends till infinite and imagining other people too in it ? 

Last life is not a replay. All is happening in now. To say life is replay means I dont have any free will. It means life happened two times. Which donot makes any sense.

On 22/02/2022 at 4:20 AM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

This is the only part where I do not agree.  Otherwise, I find your explication of the matter to be superb.  

@The Lucid Dreamer  Yes, Same here. He is implying GOD is having experience one by one . Not simultaneously .One dream at a time. Which is absurd to say. 

In other people's pyschedelic experiences it was shown GOD is living all lives simulataneously. Not one by one. Its like I as GOD imagined limitation on myself so that I cannot realize that I am imagining every other human being and their experience in my consciousness field ( which is infinite and goes to infinity ) .  

On 22/02/2022 at 4:38 AM, Inliytened1 said:

Because time is an illusion imagined by God which is you.   Multiple experiences are an illusion.

@Inliytened1  You are not getting what justfortoday explained in his original post.

He is saying GOD is having one person experience one at a time not simultaneously.

Read his last 8th point on life as replay.

Do my life is happening two times ? First god imagined my life and then he is replaying the movie or dream? How absurd it is to even say this.

Justfortoday is saying I as God will incarnate as every character next time and what I am experiencing right now as other human being are just empty suits. I mean that is right from my absolute perspective of GOD ( not ego identity). But he is saying others experiences are not imagined by me simulatenously just like I as GOD ( not ego self) imagining my own body. This is confusing.

Isnt I as GOD ( not ego identity) imagining everybody in my own consciousness which is infinite even my own body?

He said " my mind is imagining others " but isnt mind is limited to brain? What exactly he mean when he says mind ? My human mind or my infinite mind ( infinite consciousness)?

Please clarify this.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, justfortoday said:

But it gets more twisted, because one day you will live their existence within the dream, as they are another character. And you will then encounter a non-conscious version of yourself, but you will be in another character's body.

I don't think this is more twisted.

I think this is actually "playing it safe" so you don't scare yourself too much.

27 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@Inliytened1  You are not getting what justfortoday explained in his original post.

He is saying GOD is having one person experience one at a time not simultaneously.

I understand what he is saying.  I was actually going to respond to your earlier post.  As we have said before, and you can become directly conscious of this believe it or not (actually don't believe it) that you stand alone as God.  You are One.  You are not really human you are Actuality or Infinity.  You are right now.   The past and future are imaginary, your thoughts right now are imaginary, they are you as God dreaming.  All of that can dissolve and you can become pure Actuality or pure "right now"   notice you can say "right now" and the moment is gone.  So you say "right now, right now, right now" and you can keep going on like that because you can't capture the present moment.  Why? Because you are Being it!!  You ARE it.  So when you realize this directly by Being it you will awaken.  And you will realize that you are God dreaming.  And that this was a dream.  That reincarnation is your dream.  That time is your dream.  That space is your dream.   That there is only Being.  Imagining you will be other perspectives one at a time is more of you dreaming.  (Because time is no different than space, a dimension within this dream).  It has no existence outside of you Imagining it right now.    That you are being others now simultaneously is also your dream.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Ok I get that I am imagining everything including my own body too.  I am having this experience. Time is imaginery too. Even Past and future is imaginery. But from absolute perspective I as GOD ( not my ego self ) is imagining other people experiences too in my own conciousness field . For ex~

1. I am right now imagining my friend sitting on chair. I am imagining his body , his clothes , his thoughts etc in my own infinite consciousness. Is this what you mean?

2.  I as GOD ( not my ego self ) imagining my human body too including as it appears in my own consciousness ?

3. I am living other people too through them as they are imagined by me simultaneously . Is this what you mean?

Just like in last night dream I was dreaming other people in the same way in waking reality do I am dreaming up everybody and dreaming their thoughts and experiences in my consciousness too?  

Please clarify this it will help me alot. 

Am I confused on replay thing justforplay said that my life is happening two times. This confused me . Also he said one day I will live other character lives too. What does it even mean? Why cant god live simulatenously all lives together as consciousness is one and is imagining each and everything simultaneously? 

On 3/2/2022 at 11:27 PM, Ineedanswers said:

@justfortoday thanks for this amazing post❤.could you answer a question for me?

1)do other characters of mine have imformation/knowledge about this dream that i don't?

For example- when I go to school.how is it that my dream character teacher knows more about this dream world than I do when the teacher isnt even conscious and doesnt have thoughts and feelings of his own? How is he able to give me practical advice (eg-how to solve a math equation or how to speak french)

Why is it that you justfortoday seem to have more understanding of awakening nonduality and spirituality than me? Justfortoday is a dream character(with out thoughts,feelings consiousness) I am imagining right?

Have I dreamt up that justfortoday is posting on the actualized forum and has more knowledge about awakening than me?If so should I follow your advice?

And if you say "yes" am I not just dreaming up that you said Yes? I could have just as easily dreamt up thay you would say "no" right? How can i know if something that is unconscious,unfeeling and unthinking is telling the truth?

And what about the opinions I think people form of me? Am I dreaming up those as well?

For example I feel as if you(justfortoday) will think "what a stupid question ineedanswers has asked.ineedanswers must be really dumb". Since I am dreaming you up and dream characters dont have feeling/thoughts do you even have the ability to form a opinion about me?

@Ineedanswers You're dreaming the entire universe into existence. Your teacher, your mom, your dog, are just colors, sounds, shapes, smells happening on the screen of your awareness. Every character in the infinite dream gets to be god once and be alive basically. All others in your experience are just models consciousness creates on the fly as an infinite mind to maintain your sense of consistency alive, as you would not be able to lead a normal functional life otherwise. But it's all dream, every bit of it. The colors and sounds you see and hear are your own mind. 

2 hours ago, machiavelli said:

Read his last 8th point on life as replay.

Do my life is happening two times ? First god imagined my life and then he is replaying the movie or dream? How absurd it is to even say this.

Justfortoday is saying I as God will incarnate as every character next time and what I am experiencing right now as other human being are just empty suits. I mean that is right from my absolute perspective of GOD ( not ego identity). But he is saying others experiences are not imagined by me simulatenously just like I as GOD ( not ego self) imagining my own body. This is confusing.

Isnt I as GOD ( not ego identity) imagining everybody in my own consciousness which is infinite even my own body?

He said " my mind is imagining others " but isnt mind is limited to brain? What exactly he mean when he says mind ? My human mind or my infinite mind ( infinite consciousness)?

Please clarify this.

@machiavelli You don't appreciate the nonsensical nature of this thinking. You don't have a head or a brain, instead you have a void in which the entire world appears. This is a SCREEN that is generated by your mind.

Mind does not exist in the brain. Mind is eternal, non localized thought and your life is a dream in a pool of infinite dreams. 

Notice that you can't see your own heads, or your eyes, or anything for that matter. All you see are colors and shapes, and your body is just another set of colors and shapes.

Your senses aren't receiving input from a physical universe, and then your brain puts it together.

Of course, if you open a skull you will see a "brain" but what is that? Another appearance inside of the dream. 

Your mind is happening in a transdimensional state outside of time and space, as they are non existent in reality

It's just all dream stuff. 

Frame 1 (3).jpg

8 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

@machiavelli You don't appreciate the nonsensical nature of this thinking. You don't have a head or a brain, instead you have a void in which the entire world appears. This is a SCREEN that is generated by your mind.

Mind does not exist in the brain. Mind is eternal, non localized thought and your life is a dream in a pool of infinite dreams. 

Notice that you can't see your own heads, or your eyes, or anything for that matter. All you see are colors and shapes, and your body is just another set of colors and shapes.

Your senses aren't receiving input from a physical universe, and then your brain puts it together.

Of course, if you open a skull you will see a "brain" but what is that? Another appearance inside of the dream. 

Your mind is happening in a transdimensional state outside of time and space, as they are non existent in reality

It's just all dream stuff. 

You actually made me fall into illusion more deeply by your explanation that I am not simulatenously imagining other people too. And this is not happening simulataneously by me in my infinite consciousness.  This feels like others are having independent existence apart from me.

Could you clarify ~ 

1. If I am all alone right now that only exist who is imagining other people including my parents, all sentient being and everything that exist ? Just like a dream?

2.  What do you mean by mind. Do you imply infinite field of consciousness that is projected from my head and that stretched to infinite that is imagining everything including my own body too? 

Am I imagining every other being including their thoughts, and their human body ?

I mean I as GOD ( not my ego self) is imagining my body plus imagining other people too. And their existence depend upon my imagination?

1 hour ago, machiavelli said:

You actually made me fall into illusion more deeply by your explanation that I am not simulatenously imagining other people too. And this is not happening simulataneously by me in my infinite consciousness.  This feels like others are having independent existence apart from me.

Could you clarify ~ 

1. If I am all alone right now that only exist who is imagining other people including my parents, all sentient being and everything that exist ? Just like a dream?

2.  What do you mean by mind. Do you imply infinite field of consciousness that is projected from my head and that stretched to infinite that is imagining everything including my own body too? 

Am I imagining every other being including their thoughts, and their human body ?

I mean I as GOD ( not my ego self) is imagining my body plus imagining other people too. And their existence depend upon my imagination?

1. Only your experience exists. Others don’t have an experience because they are models that were created by infinity. You, as infinity dreaming up that you are a a human, constantly calibrate with your mind all of reality. Your mind doesn’t exist in a body. Your body exists in your mind. Basically reality is a VR game being played by one player. You. But every character gets to be god and to be conscious. And in this case, you as god will live every single dream that could ever be dreamt for eternity.

2. Close your eyes. What do you see? A dark empty field. This empty field is YOU. All of reality is appearing in this dark field when you open your eyes.

But you think that the colors and sounds are coming from OUTSIDE you and that you are a physical being with a brain and eyes and ears that processes inputs from the outside. Notice all of this appears in YOUR dark field.

This dark field is the empty screen of infinity.

Hold your hand in front of you.

What is behind your hand?

You might answer “oh there’s the tv and the wall and the neighborhood and beyond to infinity”.

Sorry to break it to you, but there is nothing behind your hand. Your hand and everything else you are experiencing inside your dark field is a flat projection emanating from your own mind. It’s a hallucination, magic spell that you put yourself in as God to be able to experience “others”.