INFP RACOON BABY

Why not use a paywall to improve the quality of this forum?

56 posts in this topic

Here's a thought..maybe we all get along.

@AdeptusPsychonautica i know i personally have been a little harsh on ya..but i like you and your channel though i dont know much about it seems fine to me...perhaps the real reason you are here is maybe to learn something? I know you have had some awakenings in the past so you know this spirituality business is real..so sit back and enjoy..your welcome here in my book...and if you want to make constructive criticism of Actualized be my guest...we are open ears.  Or I am..can't speak for Leo :)

I say let's all be pals!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Medhansh said:

I don't have any problem paying a nominal one-off access fee for the forum, but this idea doesn't resonate with me. 

You want to increase the quality of this forum using a paywall. But think of all the gems we have here right now who will be lost because of this step. This forum would drop atleast 70% users instantly, and would risk becoming dead(or super slow).

Check out any other personal development forum you want. The top 5 most famous ones. They are absolutely dead. 

Last posts being weeks ago, with zero or one reply. Total members being less than 100, and members online at one time being 1 or 2. And this is the case when they are completely free.

This forum is a special one, and I haven't been able to find any other forum even remotely near it. That's why, in my opinion, this place must be made available to everyone.

As for the quality, it's pretty well maintained already. Regular banning of users and locking of threads keeps the place tidy.

Seeing Leo's most recent step, even Mods aren't let off the hook here. I don't think we have any major quality issues on this forum. 

Oh wow. I totally agree with your take, 100%,well explained. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Inliytened1 I have no problem with you "being harsh" mate, and I am more than happy to get along. As I have said many times I am open to having a conversation with anyone to discuss any of these topics. In regards to my constructive criticism of Actualized then I already do it on my own channel, so feel free to check it out and if you feel like there is something I have gotten wrong and you would like to offer an opposing opinion on, then let me know and we can arrange a chat.

@Scholar 

To be fair, you are reacting to a cheeky comment that was meant as a joke as if it was some formal argument put forth for you to examine

Sure, on this occasion its a cheeky comment which is reflective of his actual belief, and its based on a misunderstanding or misuse of the word. Here is an example (link below) which I think illustrates this perfectly, and I can find you many more if you are interested.

Now I don't want you to get confused that this is a major problem for me, but since my schtick is all about the delusional behaviour that goes on within this community and how those delusions form, then I think this is one worth highlighting. There is no trolling here, there is simply stuff that Leo doesn't like.

And hey, if you guys are going to go throwing my name around like I'm the Babbadook then at least try and use accurate labels ?

10 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

@Scholar 

Sure, on this occasion its a cheeky comment which is reflective of his actual belief, and its based on a misunderstanding or misuse of the word. Here is an example (link below) which I think illustrates this perfectly, and I can find you many more if you are interested.

Now I don't want you to get confused that this is a major problem for me, but since my schtick is all about the delusional behaviour that goes on within this community and how those delusions form, then I think this is one worth highlighting. There is no trolling here, there is simply stuff that Leo doesn't like.

And hey, if you guys are going to go throwing my name around like I'm the Babbadook then at least try and use accurate labels ?

Like I said, the issue is not the critique itself but how you package it. You basically scoff at Leo and his teachings, and then you come here wondering why everyone is antagonistic towards you. That's just a lack of self-awareness.

Leo is pretty resistant to feedback as is, so I don't think your style of communication will find any success with him.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

29 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

@Inliytened1 I have no problem with you "being harsh" mate, and I am more than happy to get along. As I have said many times I am open to having a conversation with anyone to discuss any of these topics. In regards to my constructive criticism of Actualized then I already do it on my own channel, so feel free to check it out and if you feel like there is something I have gotten wrong and you would like to offer an opposing opinion on, then let me know and we can arrange a chat.

Sounds good to me...will check out the channel..wasn't aware there was anything recent about Actualized though...but I'll check it out regardless of that.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Like I said, the issue is not the critique itself but how you package it. You basically scoff at Leo and his teachings, and then you come here wondering why everyone is antagonistic towards you. That's just a lack of self-awareness.

Again that is not accurate. I am 100% aware of WHY what I say is not well received here, and for you to think otherwise is incredibly naive.

Can you find me one single occasion where I seem confused as to why Actualized.org is not happy with me being critical of Actualized.org? Could it be that this is yet another one of these lazy deflections? I have also seen Leo put this one forward on many previous occasions - again entirely without base, and here you are repeating it - interesting isn't it? 

Its almost like there is some kind of group-think going on...?

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

will check out the channel..wasn't aware there was anything recent about Actualized though...

There hasn't been anything about Actualized on my channel since last August, which is why its kinda funny to see this thread referencing me like I'm The Babbadook. Honestly, I'm flattered ?

But in terms of the actual criticism there is plenty there already for you to work with. If you would like to have a dialogue then I am happy to send you some specific topics which we can unpack.

Adeptus is more a vocal critic than a 'Troll'

Perhaps at time "Troll like"

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

18 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Again that is not accurate. I am 100% aware of WHY what I say is not well received here, and for you to think otherwise is incredibly naive.

Can you find me one single occasion where I seem confused as to why Actualized.org is not happy with me being critical of Actualized.org? Could it be that this is yet another one of these lazy deflections? I have also seen Leo put this one forward on many previous occasions - again entirely without base, and here you are repeating it - interesting isn't it? 

Its almost like there is some kind of group-think going on...?

lol, look at my post history I am one of the most critical people of Leo on the forum, but you are just bad faith. You view everything as a confrontation, everything you look at you view through a lense of wanting to debunk it. I was actually good faith to you, because I assumed that you are not a troll. But you just admitted to me that you do know how people will react to it, which as you can see is completely unhelpful. You are either aware of this or not. If you are, you are a troll who is just antagonizing people and wasting your and their time. If you are unaware of it, I refer back to my previous post and recommend to you, that if you want to change anything outside of just stirring drama, to adjust your tone.

You can't just say:

"I am just providing valid criticism to help the people of this forum, I am not a troll."

and then say:

"I am completely aware that the way I present my criticism is inflammatory and doesn't change peoples minds."

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

There hasn't been anything about Actualized on my channel since last August, which is why its kinda funny to see this thread referencing me like I'm The Babbadook. Honestly, I'm flattered ?

But in terms of the actual criticism there is plenty there already for you to work with. If you would like to have a dialogue then I am happy to send you some specific topics which we can unpack.

I would like that.  Perhaps we can chat if these issues have not been cleared up for you by now.   I do hope you know we do not promote harming of the body here and we never have.  I believe the suicide was the biggest criticism.  But spirituality is dangerous if one is not ready or unstable.  But I digress and we can talk outside of here if you would like.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Scholar

There is some interesting conflations going on there so lets try and unpack it.

Firstly lets not confuse my audience with this forum, try and follow me on this. 

• I comment on psychedelic culture and in doing so I make videos for my audience on YouTube
  • Sometimes those videos cover the activities of this forum, but that doesn't mean that they are made for this forum
  • People on this forum discuss my videos (in particular the one related to this forum)
  • I am under no illusion that saying something they probably disagree with will cause them to disagree with it
  • That someone will disagree with something is not reason not to say it 

Now if your logic is that there is something fundamentally wrong with saying something that people will disagree with, and that doing so makes me "a troll", then you are simply wrong. That is not what a troll is, and judging by your own declaration of how critical you are - that would also make you a troll. Leo himself also frequently states that he is "going to say something that will piss people off" I guess he is also a troll?

So hey, now we are all trolls - awesome! ?

How about this for an idea - why not chill with this absurd misuse of labels and perhaps take this opportunity to educate yourself on what the phrase actually means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

9 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

@Scholar

There is some interesting conflations going on there so lets try and unpack it.

Firstly lets not confuse my audience with this forum, try and follow me on this. 

• I comment on psychedelic culture and in doing so I make videos for my audience on YouTube
  • Sometimes those videos cover the activities of this forum, but that doesn't mean that they are made for this forum
  • People on this forum discuss my videos (in particular the one related to this forum)
  • I am under no illusion that saying something they probably disagree with will cause them to disagree with it
  • That someone will disagree with something is not reason not to say it 

Now if your logic is that there is something fundamentally wrong with saying something that people will disagree with, and that doing so makes me "a troll", then you are simply wrong. That is not what a troll is, and judging by your own declaration of how critical you are - that would also make you a troll. Leo himself also frequently states that he is "going to say something that will piss people off" I guess he is also a troll?

So hey, now we are all trolls - awesome! ?

How about this for an idea - why not chill with this absurd misuse of labels and perhaps take this opportunity to educate yourself on what the phrase actually means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I never said there is something fundamentally wrong with what you do, I just think it's stupid. Whether or not you are a troll is separate from that. Yes, Leo does behave like a troll often on this forum, I criticize him for that all the time. I think he is often immature and toxic, so for you to think that this is a gotcha is funny to me.

If someone comes to a forum to antagonize people so that their "audience" can relish in that to me is troll behavior, and I think what Leo said in that post you quoted applies. You're just here to stirr drama, and you admit to it.

You have a difficult time tracking what I am saying, because I am not saying that it's simply what you say that makes you a troll, it's how you attempt to get it across. You could have made the same points you made in a non-inflammatory way, but you choose not to do so. Again, either you are a troll and doing this consciously, or you are still unaware of the dynamic going on. Whether or not you think it's justified to troll is irrelevant to me.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Stop creating unnecessary drama, nobody gives a hoot.