Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

Why did i check on the forum. I knew it was getting worse day by day. Nahm is the goat here. The forum's collective ego shit makes me sick. You can't just eliminate anything that disagrees with you Leo. How can you know that you are not self deceived on at least some things? I personally loved nahm's communication style and it helped me multiple times. And I'm out again. 

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I totally regret what I said, not because I don't think so, but because I should have said it to Nham's face, or kept quiet. I feel like a total idiot and a coward. apologies to all and nahm.

I've had this in mind for a long time and I couldn't shut up. Mistake

Said what ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I totally regret what I said, not because I don't think so, but because I should have said it to Nham's face, or kept quiet. I feel like a total idiot and a coward. apologies to all and nahm.

I've had this in mind for a long time and I couldn't shut up. Mistake

Its a bit of a tense atmosphere on this thread I get that. 

But it seemed alright to me what you said mate.

Edited by Ulax
spelling

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

24 minutes ago, Roy said:

I wanted to hold my tongue today, but I can't, it's fucking insufferable. I am extremely disheartened by some of the comments and negativity I've seen in this thread. To see this kind of treatment towards one of the largest, most positive cornerstones of this community is about as surprising as it is disappointing.

I guess the meat brings out the wolves though. Perhaps my expectations of this place are too high.

but there were also many positive comments

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Said what ?

Talk negative in public about anyone who isn't here to answer. Ashaming, was time before to try to say in the face. I hope nham keep posting as he love this site

33 minutes ago, Roy said:

I wanted to hold my tongue today, but I can't, it's fucking insufferable. I am extremely disheartened by some of the comments and negativity I've seen in this thread. To see this kind of treatment towards one of the largest, most positive cornerstones of this community is about as surprising as it is disappointing.

I guess the meat brings out the wolves though. Perhaps my expectations of this place are too high.

I agree, I'm very shocked ? 

I have another comment from my earlier one. Which is that being a mod, a good mod, isn't easy. Before I stepped down, my time as a mod was spent scanning threads in my free time for spammers/scammers/trouble makers/etc, answering PM's with members having issues, members reporting other members, looking into I.T. issues, checking IP addresses for multiple accounts, etc. and its all volunteer work. 

I think Nahm deserves more credit then he's getting in this thread. Perhaps his style is not what Leo or some other members resonate with, but he did alot of good on this forum, damn it! 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Talk negative in public about anyone who isn't here to answer. Ashaming, was time before to try to say in the face. I hope nham keep posting as he love this site

It was a long time coming.  We all felt it.  He is a great mind but he is not in alignment with our highest teachings.   That's just the way it is.  Don't feel guilt for an intuition that was accurate 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I'm sure Nahm will see this and respond in some form.

I've told him in pms i think hes dishonest and was a terrible teacher, and I would stand by it if he posted here 

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I'm sure Nahm will see this and respond in some form.

I've told him in pms i think hes dishonest and was a terrible teacher, and I would stand by it if he posted here 

That goes too far and is disrespectful.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That goes too far and is disrespectful.  

I don't respect nahm, but okay I'll check these kinds of comments 

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

I don't respect nahm, but okay I'll check these kinds of comments 

Thank you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Actually i remember now that he gave me a lot of good insight and advice when it came to practical things, it's just when he's commenting on topics that are "i have a life problem" that he's terrible. 

There has to be some kind of middle ground here, he's still productive with some topics. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

47 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

He is a great mind but he is not in alignment with our highest teachings.   

That sounds very dogmatic. I don't think that the problem was about alignment. Was another thing and i believe that nahm has a problem. I'm ashamed not because I said , i didn't delete, it's because I didn't say to him , but really, was impossible to talk with him, so it's done. 

Nahm , i wish you the best. I send you my love, sincerely. Your way was unbearable, sincerely too. but you weren't wrong in many things, on the contrary, very accurate regarding the no mind in my opinion, but the way...

@Breakingthewall It was not dogmatic it just is what is.  He seems not able to transcend no self.  The realization of no self is paramount.  But there is more to go.  There is God Realization.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Nahm, you are like flower and green plants in this forum. I dont know the vibe here gonna be without you. I hope you stay here. Love bro. 

7 hours ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Tim R I don’t want to be “shitting on Nahm” or anything, I truly don’t and I want to respect mods and the rules of this forum.

but from reading all the bad experiences people have had with him, I’m starting to think nahm was self promoting and possibly trolling/scamming : has anyone brought up that on his personal website/couching site, most of his material are straight rip-off of headspace app material? Literally down to every word not even some effort put to modify on it. I thought that was strange and gave me a read flag and a weird vibe, but i brushed it off thinking he must be new at making his own material and probably just took some out from headspace to start to make it easy and launch his website.

I urge you guys to check this, you won’t be able to check because you have to have a subscription with headspace to have access to the meditations/written material. I do, and I assure you it’s a complete copy.

I wanted to speak to nahm directly about this as I had spoken to him via zoom, but thought I shouldn’t put myself through this kind of drama, since he is a mod and I’m sure he comes through the scam filter. 

But this is just wrong and someone had to bring this up. 

9 hours ago, puporing said:

@Raptorsin7

What I was always a bit confused by was that @Leo Gura stated in his Guidelines:

What’s NOT Allowed:

Self-promotion

Coming here to start your teaching/coaching/guru business by leeching off this audience

Not sure how this was an exception/was allowed to continue for so long.

9 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I donated like 6-8 thousand dollars over the course of 8 months of talking to him, and in hindsight I was spinning my wheels and he just smiled along when I thought I was in the care of someone who understood what I was doing. 

There was about 2-3 week period where I didn't pay anything, and then he brought it up. It was really awkward, and this was after I had already donated THOUSANDS of dollars, and was basically at a complete standstill with my spiritual progress.

I have found real teachers since then and looking back I feel sick thinking about how much faith and trust i put it in him. But I didn't know any better, and I think he didn't either.

Anyone can read my posts. I challenge anyone to show me someone posting on this forum who has improved more and gained more spiritual insight since starting than I have 

All these 3 things combined, makes this thing with Nahm feel like a scandal.

@Leo Gura Try to see it all with unbiased eyes, even if you personally like him..

Edited by Blackhawk

Just now, Blackhawk said:

All these 3 things combined, makes this thing with Nahm feel like a scandal.

How easy you turn on a legend.  Shame on you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Exactly ? 

Nahm has 26,563 posts on this forum! He has put more into this forum, then any other mod or member I'm sure. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's your subjective opinion that he's a legend. Just saying the obvious.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Inliytened1 you're such a great mod. Hats off to you. You really help a lot as a mod. A great example of how a mod should be. 

@Blackhawk you're great at rationalizing. You deserve a crown. You could have made such a good mod. Your logic and reasoning is one of the best I've seen on this forum. Great Swede. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.