Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

there is not @Nahm  how can he be demoted?

jk

called him the riddler a few times in threads but also got some really great stuff from him

i have no real problem with not understanding somebody sometimes

i think he was mostly a good/cute mod

maybe he was pushing his stuff a bit much but i don't know i don't think so generally

@Nahm posts may have been mostly Neo Advaita style communication, but sometimes he does communicate clearly when pressed. I had a thread about my life purpose a couple of months ago in the careers sub forum, and when I addressed all the responses to my OP, which included Nahm's, I replied to him that I was not at his level of spirituality, and I needed some practical advice that's clear to me, which he did conceded and gave a more clearer reply to me and a few pointers to refining myself. However, I understand why he had to get demoted. If this was an employee talking in riddles to an employer who just wanted a straight forward reply, then he had to go. I'll definitely be missing reading any further writings he did in this forum. He'll no doubt be missed though, just like @Forestluv and another mod I don't know about, here a while back.

We can now officially say we have lost the original three mods of this forum. FF.  

To be honest, Leo, he has neo-advaita talk, but your responses are even more confusing at times.  Nahm points at something which is thought-attachment and it's waaay easier to grasp.. However:

"There's only you"

"Only you can awaken"
"There's no Leo, it's only you. You are God"
"You are not a part of god, you are entire fucking God"
"No one else is God but you"
"No one else exists, only you"

etc. 

how is it different?

Edited by Forza21

1 minute ago, Forza21 said:

To be honest, Leo, he has neo-advaita talk, but your responses are even more confusing at times. 

"There's only you"

"Only you can awaken"

etc. 

how is it different?

I think it depends on the question.

Sometimes those answers are appropriate, but most time they aren't.

@Forza21 Because that's not what Leo says in every post/thread, he does give practical/relevant answers most of the time.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Raptorsin7 Thank you and everyone else for sharing your experiences with Nahm's coaching. I remember when you were the biggest Nahm advocate, and that you were being personally coached by him. I couldn't help but noticing that you made almost zero progress and I would even say your posts indicated you went backwards. I always had a bad feeling about that. To me it seemed you just needed some practical pointers with enough spiritual understanding to steer you in the right direction in life. I would be very interested to know more about your experience, I suggest you post a review of your coaching experience with Nahm on a separate thread or on your personal journal. I would love to learn from it.

I don't think we can fully blame students like yourself for paying for bad teachers. The students by definition are confused and don't know any better. We cannot expect desperate people needing help to make sound decisions. I think it's the teachers responsibility.

Another point I would like to add; there is a confusion on the forum about what non-duality (a-dvaita) is. Thoughts, and things are real. The differences remain. They are true on one level and not true on another at the same time. It is called non-duality (not-two), and not "oneness" for a reason. It is not two and not one either. People who keep asserting the emptiness of things are not seeing the full picture and they are not helping anyone. 

@puporing Some of the guidelines are not enforced strictly enough. Like it says people with severe mental illnesses shouldn't be here yet we see suicidal posts sometimes. Leo should tell them to avoid the forum till they seek help and a build proper foundation.

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

47 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

To be honest, Leo, he has neo-advaita talk, but your responses are even more confusing at times.  Nahm points at something which is thought-attachment and it's waaay easier to grasp.. However:

"There's only you"

"Only you can awaken"

etc. 

how is it different?

Those oneliners can be understood in one sweep. What Nahm says can only be understood if you read it 3 times, if you are lucky.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

What Nahm says can only be understood if you read it 3 times, if you are lucky.

I just very recently understood a reply he gave me like 1,5 years ago? I appreciate it though. Probably still haven't understood it completely lol

1 hour ago, Forza21 said:

how is it different?

In a larger context, it isn't. It always leads to "you don't understand, you have to experience it." To give the impression that you can speak clearly about these things has an element of double bind.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I will say my two cents on Nahm's coaching. He always told me exactly what I needed to hear, the x-factor being whether or not I was truly ready to digest it.

It wasn't until some months or a year later went by in some cases, where I would contemplate again and have my mind fucking blown away.

hrhrhtewgfegege

13 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@Raptorsin7 Thank you and everyone else for sharing your experiences with Nahm's coaching. I remember when you were the biggest Nahm advocate, and that you were being personally coached by him. I couldn't help but noticing that you made almost zero progress and I would even say your posts indicated you went backwards. I always had a bad feeling about that. To me it seemed you just needed some practical pointers with enough spiritual understanding to steer you in the right direction in life. I would be very interested to know more about your experience, I suggest you post a review of your coaching experience with Nahm on a separate thread or on your personal journal. I would love to learn from it.

I don't think we can fully blame students like yourself for paying for bad teachers. The students by definition are confused and don't know any better. We cannot expect desperate people who need help to make sound decisions. I think it's the teachers responsibility.

Thanks. I was hesitant about sharing my experience, but I think i'm glad I finally go it out.

That's the thing, when I see people who claim Nahm helped them or was some great benefit I can completely relate. I know you remember my earlier posts, and I would have been the most vocal supporter of Nahm if you can bring that version of myself here.

One of the reasons I'm angry about what happened is i've since found great teachers who have given me the exact kind of guidance i've been seeking for years. Then I think about how I spent months just spinning my wheels making no progress, but thinking I was making progress because I had Nahm in my corner egging me on. 

It's like I was driving a car off a cliff, and I had Nahm cheering me on thinking he knew where the road ahead led, only to find out he basically had no idea what he was talking about. 

The only "benefit" I had in the time working with Nahm was the countless LSD trips I did, but even those weren't really helpful because Nahm had 0 ability to facilitate progress between trips.

You want to hear something interesting. After my second call with Nahm I made a bunch of improvements after a bad LSD trip and I had a really profound awakening experience, at the time I thought I was enlightened. Right before I had a complete breakthrough on the trip I had a vision of Nahm, and I got a really bad feeling about him. It was like a warning not to trust this guy. I ignored it, but in hindsight it's very revealing and it's interesting to reflect on.

Edited by Raptorsin7

I can understand him being demoted because his posts weren’t very helpful and I can imagine you see him being a bad representation of actualized.org.

I don’t understand why he should be banned though. He’s not hurting anyone and he should have the freedom to express his own views on topics. Even if you disagree with them or deem them unhelpful

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

1 minute ago, vizual said:

I don’t understand why he should be banned though. He’s not hurting anyone and he should have the freedom to express his own views on topics. Even if you disagree with them or deem them unhelpful

I agree with this.

Praise the lord.

I wanted to call the dude out the other day, but I was afraid of getting warning points.

I really respect this decision, and think it is a step in the right direction for the forum.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

6 minutes ago, vizual said:

Leo doesn't like bad teachers in his community. He already banned a couple of teachers here. 

@Preety_India Thanks :D

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Crane Bahnsteik be careful.  That does not mean he was not enlightened.  Its a matter of bring able to relate on the personal level.  Its sinply a human skill and nothing more.  Be careful to not create the idea of what an awakened being is in your mind.  It's a trap.

@Inliytened1

Although there is some truth to that, i would argue that even more dangerous is having no idea of what "an awakened being" is. As long as the idea is aligned with the highest spiritual principles like Love and compassion for instance, it's useful in the discernment of whom to trust/follow or even listen to, this idea like any other is the ladder you have to throw out in the end after climbing, but at that stage it will be obvious. Until then its a useful tool because without any guidelines/ideas the spiritual seeker will believe or even give all their money to random guys on youtube or cult leaders.

A "human skill and nothing more" is a dangerous concept, you are dealing with real human beings that trust your moderator authority status, some of which have serious psychological conditions or are even borderline suicidal, you have to be able to relate on a personal level with them, out of love and compassion it is a skill required for the job.

14 minutes ago, Crane Bahnsteik said:

@Preety_India Thanks :D

@Inliytened1

Although there is some truth to that, i would argue that even more dangerous is having no idea of what "an awakened being" is. As long as the idea is aligned with the highest spiritual principles like Love and compassion for instance, it's useful in the discernment of whom to trust/follow or even listen to, this idea like any other is the ladder you have to throw out in the end after climbing, but at that stage it will be obvious. Until then its a useful tool because without any guidelines/ideas the spiritual seeker will believe or even give all their money to random guys on youtube or cult leaders.

A "human skill and nothing more" is a dangerous concept, you are dealing with real human beings that trust your moderator authority status, some of which have serious psychological conditions or are even borderline suicidal, you have to be able to relate on a personal level with them, out of love and compassion it is a skill required for the job.

Use your intuition.  In this case your intuition was correct.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think the same way Leo. I got really confused by his answer. There is no doubt he wants to help but they way he communicates definitely wasn’t in place.