Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Fundamentally, if Nahm is who some of you think he is then he will be totally fine and this kind of criticism is exactly what you would expect and be capable of handling as a real, embodied teacher. 

But with the amount of defense and concern being shown on here, you would think Nahm isn't strong enough or secure enough to withstand harsh criticism and judgment?

True humility cannot be humbled. At the very least this is a litmus test

7 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Is ripping content directly from an app without giving credit not fraudulent? Or do you think @Happy Lizard is lying?

Put your thoughts aside for a while. And let's just thank Nahm for the time he invested here for everyone. 

2 hours ago, puporing said:

@Raptorsin7

What I was always a bit confused by was that @Leo Gura stated in his Guidelines:

What’s NOT Allowed:

Self-promotion

Coming here to start your teaching/coaching/guru business by leeching off this audience

Not sure how this was an exception/was allowed to continue for so long.

In my opinion Leo should be ruthless on this point. A lot of people are here for self promotion and "finding clients" and it just taints the character of this forum.  Self promotion should be banned.

In Tate we trust

16 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Alex_R

A-dvai-ta (Sanskrit) means not-two-ness. It's basically a form of teaching nonduality where one constantly tries to point out the dualities of thought.

May I introduce you to the legendary Neo-Advaita Bears?

I love Phil and Leo, but this is such a perfect parody of their conversation. This is hilarious. xD

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

In my opinion Leo should be ruthless on this point. A lot of people are here for self promotion and "finding clients" and it just taints the character of this forum.  Self promotion should be banned.

Life is not black and white.  The Absolute is

But reality doesn't work that way.   If you live your life in the black and white you will.never get anywhere.  In life flexibility is everything 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

All I will say is that Nahm has helped me the most on this forum.

Lots of people here criticizing someone/something they apparently don't understand, which leads to strawmans

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Nahm 

Nahm was always nice to me and he was a great mod. I send him love and respect. ❤?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

This is not what I expected to wake up to.... 

Nahm is one of the wisest and purist people I've ever met, and has helped me more than I can repay. That exchange with Leo via PM looks a little odd, that he would insist on using such language when confronted about it. I've talked to him several times via zoom/phone, and his communication style there is very easy going, peaceful, and understandable. I'm not sure why the contrast between that style and the style of his text is the way it is, only he can answer that and I respect him not to make assumptions or false conclusions about that choice, whether deliberate or not.

I do understand why it can be frustrating for newer people and those not familiar with him, not understanding what he is talking about sometimes. To explain or talk about spirituality and other esoteric concepts there seems to be an additional layer of language needed, which is not common in most mainstream cultures around the world. The problem is text is just inherently limiting, and it's easy to misinterpret a message, an emotional state, or someone's intention.

We can all work on our communication, at the very least to hold it back from being destructive. Everyone has their way of bringing their perspective to the table.

All I'll say on the matter is while somewhat cryptic, I believe Nahm's messages largely innocuous and of loving intent. In the future I hope there is a moment where these two bridges can be built together again.

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

I love Phil and Leo, but this is such a perfect parody of their conversation. This is hilarious. xD

just to be clear, I didn't send that video because of anything related to Nahm or Leo, I just thought it was funny to give Alex_R this video as an explanation for neo-advaita? 

I think Nahms integrity is too Big to start writing "normally" if he desires to write like that. Having said that, I totally understand Leo. Its a tough decision anyway.

Maybe he could *try to speak more down to earth. Although the fact is I always thought Nahms just speaks the Truth, so making It relative instead of "truthful" would be kind of 'lying' for him. Difficult situation. I Hope you stay @Nahm man   

1 hour ago, Derek White said:

He said you can manifest absolutely anything with LOA, including winning lotteries, changing your physical features like height, fixing terminal cancer, etc.

If he can manifest anything, why does he charge for his lessons ?. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

just to be clear, I didn't send that video because of anything related to Nahm or Leo, I just thought it was funny to give Alex_R this video as an explanation for neo-advaita? 

It's indeed funny and coincidentally perfectly capturing the situation. Not taking sides here.

2 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

If he can manifest anything, why does he charge for his lessons ?. 

To be honest, this is the first day I come to know that he charges money for his sessions. This is the first thread. I had no idea before. 

Also shouldn't this be illegal as per forum guidelines? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura if you have a moderator slot opening, could I fill it?

Really? ?‍♀️

That is so inappropriate on this thread ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Good decision.

Being so disconnected and unable to respond on the same contextual level of the question is the opposite of being conscious or awakened. 

Being conscious means that you are conscious of the present context and know how to navigate it while perhaps alluding to something greater, being responsible for everything you say, how you say it, and how it will affect or be perceived by whoever asked.

In the same way that if you want to help someone climb a mountain you don't always show them your great pictures that you so proudly took of the sky and the horizon seen from the top,  you instead give them the gear necessary to climb and survive the weather, a map, and perhaps some words of encouragement.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Life is not black and white.  The Absolute is

But reality doesn't work that way.   If you live your life in the black and white you will.never get anywhere.  In life flexibility is everything 

I agree but I don't see how it is connected to what I said.

In Tate we trust

4 minutes ago, Crane Bahnsteik said:

Good decision.

Being so disconnected and unable to respond on the same contextual level of the question is the opposite of being conscious or awakened. 

Being conscious means that you are conscious of the present context and know how to navigate it while perhaps alluding to something greater, being responsible for everything you say, how you say it, and how it will affect or be perceived by whoever asked.

In the same way that if you want to help someone climb a mountain you don't always show them your great pictures that you so proudly took of the sky and the horizon seen from the top,  you instead give them the gear necessary to climb and survive the weather, a map, and perhaps some words of encouragement.

This ^beautiful. I love your posts. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Crane Bahnsteik said:

Good decision.

@Crane Bahnsteik perfectly said! 

1 minute ago, Thetruthseeker said:

@Crane Bahnsteik perfectly said! 

@Crane Bahnsteik be careful.  That does not mean he was not enlightened.  Its a matter of bring able to relate on the personal level.  Its sinply a human skill and nothing more.  Be careful to not create the idea of what an awakened being is in your mind.  It's a trap.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It seems i am not the only one that felt this way with his posts lol

I love Advaita but damn, it can be really annoying and sometimes it does not help at all.

But this is but a cautionary tale for everyone here.

I will take this with me as I plan to teach spirituality in a near future.

One less trap.