Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

What is the meaning of neo-Advaita ?? what is the different between that and traditional non-dual teachings????? i'm very newbie on this.

@Inliytened1 I thought that was against the forum guidelines? Oh well, don’t have a problem with that regardless, just thought I read it somewhere.

what my post highlights is the possibility that nahm was scamming us/some mebmers here. What kind of a spiritual teacher copies other people’s work with no permission?

Anyways I leave the discussion at this respectfully.

I'll say it again; stop commenting like your talking about him behind his back. You're being rude and disrespectful. 

"He has to go" or "he's probably ripped off material from Abraham Hicks" or "he is clueless" are not valid or constructive criticisms. 

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

I'll say it again; stop commenting like your talking about him behind his back. You're being rude and disrespectful. 

"He has to go" or "he's probably ripped off material from Abraham Hicks" or "he is clueless" are not valid or constructive criticisms. 

You are right, and thanks for calling this out. It's interesting what kind of dynamic such a situation can unleash and what it reveals about us.

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Stop making statements about what people can and can't say on here. I can literally back up everything i'm saying, I am almost certain that Nahm did rip a lot of his "teaching" directly from Abraham Hicks.

You are the not the arbiter of what is valid or constructive. You were completely clueless to what was happened right up until it happened

I have no respect for spiritual charlatans 

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Alex_R

4 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

What is the meaning of neo-Advaita ??

A-dvai-ta (Sanskrit) means not-two-ness. It's basically a form of teaching nonduality where one constantly tries to point out the dualities of thought.

May I introduce you to the legendary Neo-Advaita Bears?

4 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Inliytened1 I thought that was against the forum guidelines? Oh well, don’t have a problem with that regardless, just thought I read it somewhere.

what my post highlights is the possibility that nahm was scamming us/some mebmers here. What kind of a spiritual teacher copies other people’s work with no permission?

Anyways I leave the discussion at this respectfully.

It is against forum guidelines but he wasn't doing it in an overly, troll like manner to where it was a red flag for Leo. 

To Tim's point let's not get into the logistics of his wokeness or what he did on his site.  It's irrelevant for this discussion 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Create a sub forum called perspectives

Give each perspective a label and allow nahm to chat up his style all day. Recycle his talents. 

Wouldn't it be good for exposing people to a multi-perspectival way of thinking? If people want to learn and explore or practice a perspective they can do so in a contained part the forum.  

Perspectival exploration and training section. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Raptorsin7 Again: it's not that people criticise him. It's that they think they can now call him things and accuse him of being a fraud and yes, that's not what this thread is for and it's thus not constructive.

Just now, Tim R said:

@Raptorsin7 Again: it's not that people criticise him. It's that they think they can now call him things and accuse him of being a fraud and yes, that's not what this thread is for and it's thus not constructive.

I second this - check my post above.  This is not a discussion to discuss how woke @Nahm is or what he did on his own site

That's his business.  Let's cool it with that or the thread will be locked.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Tim R said:

Is ripping content directly from an app without giving credit not fraudulent? Or do you think @Happy Lizard is lying?

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

Is ripping content directly from an app without giving credit not fraudulent? Or do you think @Happy Lizard is lying?

Enough. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

This is entirely irrelevant to this thread... 

52 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Carl-Richard I thought it was an open question since it wasn't directed at anyone.
I thought you were trying to get the forum to think about the times they were misunderstood as a way to try to understand how Nahm might be feeling.

The God-realization talk has the same dynamic as the Neo-Advaita talk: it's all just pointers that don't make sense without an experiential reference point. In some sense, talking in riddles is a more consistent way of communicating this fact.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Nahm was a great imo we chatted before and he helped me overcome some issues I was having in my life a while back. He's the one who really brought it home for me why its important to practice connecting with your emotions and raising your "vibe", that emotional chart he would link helped with that. Also setting up a dreamboard and using it to properly vision the life you want to create was great as well.

Around last year he was giving really practical advice but it has turned into these really cryptic messages as of late. I dont think banning him is the right move but demoting him and making this post to call out his behavior is good.

Also him charing you for sessions is not a bad, true value should not be free. If your serious about self development you will have to spend money to learn from teachers you think are worthy. I've also lost money from some teachers I wanted to learn things from but the net positive has always been much higher.

Being 100% results oriented, communicating your sticking points and learning what type of teachers to avoid is a skill that must be practised especially if the type your asking for coaching services.

If you dish out thousands of dollars and your not seeing practical results and you cant clearly communicate that to your coach you are part of the problem and should not pass 100% blame on them

I miss the style of spirituality that Nahm embodies. Its why I didn't connect with spirituality communities in the same way anymore. Sort of like a missing aspect of it, chopping off the non duality aspect. I felt it levelled me out somewhat.

Of course its all your preferences, your house, your style, your rules. But if @Nahm reads this and tells us where he heads next, please drop me a mention as to where that is. I feel I benefit from both styles and could use less of a heavy handed, serious and/or material approach at times - within myself I should say.

Edited by BlueOak

Fundamentally, if Nahm is who some of you think he is then he will be totally fine and this kind of criticism is exactly what you would expect and be capable of handling as a real, embodied teacher. 

But with the amount of defense and concern being shown on here, you would think Nahm isn't strong enough or secure enough to withstand harsh criticism and judgment?

True humility cannot be humbled. At the very least this is a litmus test

13 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Alex_R

A-dvai-ta (Sanskrit) means not-two-ness. It's basically a form of teaching nonduality where one constantly tries to point out the dualities of thought.

May I introduce you to the legendary Neo-Advaita Bears?

HAH! I didnt know that one. Great video. Absolutely love it. 
Kinda enjoyed that one too:

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Fundamentally, if Nahm is who some of you think he is then he will be totally fine and this kind of criticism is exactly what you would expect and be capable of handling as a real, embodied teacher. 

But with the amount of defense and concern being shown on here, you would think Nahm isn't strong enough or secure enough to withstand harsh criticism and judgment?

True humility cannot be humbled. At the very least this is a litmus test

It's not defense, its respect for a legend of this forum.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.