Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

I agree with @Tim R… some of us have now said our peace. There’s no need to go too far. We can’t forget the years of kindness and great work nahm provided. I guess this just shows that for some people these feelings have been lingering for some time 

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

@Raptorsin7 Why, did you feel adressed? 

I think some people (mis)use this thread as an opportunity to express their disliking of Nahm in a not very respectful or considerate way. 

Because I am the one who is the most critical of him on this thread.

I think when people do what you just did it's a way to avoid genuine criticism and it's how you end up in a situation where people fear saying something they believe is wrong, because they are trying to care for the other person.

"Don't be so honest about Nahm it's not respectful!"

Edited by Raptorsin7

Actually Nahm is the most Godlike person on the forum. We do not deserve him.

11 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Guys please stop shitting on Nahm like that, okay? You don't have to agree with everything he says or the way he says things but please stay respectful.

No one is sitting on anyone.   Nahm is a brilliant guy.  It's just in the way I feel he was able to relate to people.  I think as mods we all have shortcomings.   If any of you guys want to provide positive criticism on myself or any of the mods feel free I will try to learn from it.  I know personally I can be arrogant sometimes and that's something I work on.   Leo has been criticized plenty so we don't have to worry about that lol

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3WKAELm.jpeg

Holy moly, those are some pretty disturbing responses.
I get the whole neo-advaita thing and also respect Nahm's willingness to embody the teaching, but this is just too far off the deep end. Truth or not, imagine being unable to respond to criticism in a "human" way, while always digressing into obscure wordplays and spiritual etymology. This is not a healthy way to live, nor do I see this kind of behaviour in any othjer neo-advaita teacher. I can not imagine a Rupert Spira or Adyashanti reacting like that. Anyway, this is not to bash Nahm in any way or form - this dude clearly acts out of love and his perspective of truth. Undoubtably a good faith actor with a big heart, but maybe not the right person for moderating the actualized.org community. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

4 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Well, it seems to me like you are implying, he fooled you into giving him money. I'd like to see you accept responsibility for your choices and recognize that Nahm's time is valuable which is why anyone would charge someone for a 'session'. 

He fooled me into believing he understood what he was talking about with respect to spirituality and healing.

I wish Nahm respected my time and money as well, rather than leading me on into thinking he had the ability to help me.

I'm not illegitimizing anyone's criticism of Nahm. 

But some posts give the impression that people think this thread is an opportunity to talk badly about Nahm behind his back, that's all I wanted to adress. 

5 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

L. The entire concept of talking and helping anyone getting "God realized" is totally senseless. Ll

Then I guess  the videos and guided exercises are useless..a course by Leo would be useless , and this forum should just be reduced to mindless chatter

Yes ultimately to awaken one must turn inward but a framework to.set the stage is.extremely important.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Then I guess  the videos and guided exercises are useless..a course by Leo would be useless , and this forum should just be reduced to mindless chatter

Yes ultimately to awaken one must turn inward but a framework to.set the stage is.extremely important.

Even Leo says: 

"The only one who can awaken is you.

Forget about Sadhguru, he's just a dream. Forget about me too while you're at it."

Of course, foundation, in any way, suggested.

Edited by Nadosa

Nahm's single video points "you" better towards You than a whole collection of Leo's work.

You're letting here go of a diamond in exchange for a coal that's not even burning.

Leo's work's not going to get you anywhere. It's just conceptualising Itness. What he refers to as mental masturbation.

His whole teaching boils down to putting 5meo in your butt, and it's probably safe to assume that's what the upcoming "course" will be about. Not to take anything away from 5meo. 

If you look at the direction this place is going, you'll notice that demoting Nahm has nothing to do with Nahm.

Yet it's Leo's forum and he can well do whatever he wants. 

Imagine a "guru" kicking out one of his companion, then trying to teach you Love.

Yikes.

16 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

He fooled me into believing he understood what he was talking about with respect to spirituality and healing.

I wish Nahm respected my time and money as well, rather than leading me on into thinking he had the ability to help me.

Fair enough. :$

I do not know. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Tim R I don’t want to be “shitting on Nahm” or anything, I truly don’t and I want to respect mods and the rules of this forum.

but from reading all the bad experiences people have had with him, I’m starting to think nahm was self promoting and possibly trolling/scamming : has anyone brought up that on his personal website/couching site, most of his material are straight rip-off of headspace app material? Literally down to every word not even some effort put to modify on it. I thought that was strange and gave me a read flag and a weird vibe, but i brushed it off thinking he must be new at making his own material and probably just took some out from headspace to start to make it easy and launch his website.

I urge you guys to check this, you won’t be able to check because you have to have a subscription with headspace to have access to the meditations/written material. I do, and I assure you it’s a complete copy.

I wanted to speak to nahm directly about this as I had spoken to him via zoom, but thought I shouldn’t put myself through this kind of drama, since he is a mod and I’m sure he comes through the scam filter. 

But this is just wrong and someone had to bring this up. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

4 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

Even Leo says: 

"The only one who can awaken is you.

Forget about Sadhguru, he's just a dream. Forget about me too while you're at it."

Of course, foundation, in any way, suggested.

I think you are conflating giving your authority away with soaking up knowledge.  Knowledge is second order - but you..yes you..should soak it up..if you have no idea what the self reference problem is you have no.chance of awakening.   It's no surprise that squirrels are.not enlightened.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I saw his responses as a friendly slap in the face. It was like” come to this moment, wake up” Slap…?Refreshing 

2 minutes ago, Personal Shaman said:

Nahm's single video points "you" better towards You than a whole collection of Leo's work.

You're letting here go of a diamond in exchange for a coal that's not even burning.

Leo's work's not going to get you anywhere. It's just conceptualising Itness. What he refers to as mental masturbation.

His whole teaching boils down to putting 5meo in your butt, and it's probably safe to assume that's what the upcoming "course" will be about. Not to take anything away from 5meo. 

If you look at the direction this place is going, you'll notice that demoting Nahm has nothing to do with Nahm.

Yet it's Leo's forum and he can well do whatever he wants. 

Imagine a "guru" kicking out one of his companion, then trying to teach you Love.

Yikes.

So much projection considering what "Nahm" is and his "postings" "apparently are about him" on here, anyones projecting the story of "Nahm" onto what he is, it has nothing, nothing to do with anything he points to. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Tim R I don’t want to be “shitting on nham” or anything, I truly don’t and I want to respect mods and the rules of this forum.

but from reading all the bad experiences that people have had, I’m starting to think nahm was self promoting and possibly trolling, has anyone brought up that on his personal website/couching site, most of his material are straight rip-off of headspace app material? Literally down to every word not even some effort put to modify on it. I thought that was stange and gave me a read flag and a weird vibe, but i brushed it off thinking he must be new at making his own material and probably just took some out form headspace to start to make it easy and launch his website.

I urge you guys to check this, you won’t be able to check because you have to a subscription with headspace to have access to the meditations/written material. I do, and I assure you it’s a complete copy.

I wanted to speak to nham directly about this as I had spoken to him via zoom, but thought I shouldn’t put myself through this kind of drama, since he is a mod and I’m sure he’s is comes through the scam free filter. 

I didn't know about that, but I'm assuming the other half is ripped from Abraham Hicks

1 minute ago, At awe said:

I saw his responses as a friendly slap in the face. It was like” come to this moment, wake up” Slap…?Refreshing 

same. I´m grateful for what he has done for me. I don´t know how to explain it in words, but I feel a greater sense of direction after talking to him.

@Happy Lizard self promoting was not a probkem  Everyone has to make a living.  That's a separate issue and not why Leo made the decision 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Tim R I don’t want to be “shitting on Nahm” or anything, I truly don’t and I want to respect mods and the rules of this forum.

but from reading all the bad experiences people have had with him, I’m starting to think nahm was self promoting and possibly trolling/scamming : has anyone brought up that on his personal website/couching site, most of his material are straight rip-off of headspace app material? Literally down to every word not even some effort put to modify on it. I thought that was strange and gave me a read flag and a weird vibe, but i brushed it off thinking he must be new at making his own material and probably just took some out from headspace to start to make it easy and launch his website.

I urge you guys to check this, you won’t be able to check because you have to have a subscription with headspace to have access to the meditations/written material. I do, and I assure you it’s a complete copy.

I wanted to speak to nahm directly about this as I had spoken to him via zoom, but thought I shouldn’t put myself through this kind of drama, since he is a mod and I’m sure he comes through the scam filter. 

@Happy Lizard I didn't know about that.

I fully agree with Leo’s decision. Nahm has to go. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie