Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

@Carl-Richard I thought it was an open question since it wasn't directed at anyone.
I thought you were trying to get the forum to think about the times they were misunderstood as a way to try to understand how Nahm might be feeling.

4 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Carl-Richard I thought it was an open question since it wasn't directed at anyone.
I thought you were trying to get the forum to think about the times they were misunderstood as a way to try to understand how Nahm might be feeling.

Same

Edited by Juan

Be interesting to see how Nahm deals with this situation, seems like it could actually be an acid test of just how spiritually advanced he actually is.

I've got to say, I'm personally not disappointed to hear about this latest development, his input on the forum just seemed like spiritual egotism a lot of the time quite frankly, and it was really getting under my skin, particularly as I couldn't put him on ignore as he was a moderator.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is exactly the thing I don't want you guys to absorb.

You can be extremely spiritually advanced AND communicate with humans clearly. It's not just that you didn't understand him because you were not woke enough. I also didn't understand him in many cases. It is a problem of social acuity.

Very happy to hear you say this. 

And I hope this helps you too, I admire the change in attitude you’ve shown lately. I used to think your more going to be isolated and at some point leave this community or actualized.org as level of awareness increases, that kind-of got me discouraged to continue following you, and thought that you were hard to approach and wouldn’t change your style so why bother, I thought this is just how it’s going to be.

I’m happy that you’re bringing yourself to understand people at different levels, and/or at least trying to put some effort to obscure some of your teachings, or have it available only to those who are willing to pay for it and are ready to go to that far. 

As for nham, i’ve had issues with his way of communication since I had a session with him, his communication isn’t great, kind of out of touch, at least that what I’ve thought. I know he’s a kind and good guy at heart and trying his best, but he does tend to cryptic and “tell” people what to do, instead of offering a simple advice. 

wish him all the best regardless F

Edited by Happy Lizard

@Leo Gura  you've put much love in trying to reason with him, and showed much love with taking your time writing this post.

From the conversation that you had it became clear that he doesn't want to stay, yet he's unable to put it in words.. or probably he's on psychedelics probably most of times? Or Stage Torquise?  Who knows!

I admit I was trying my best to understand what he means when he was replying to my posts. Most of times I fail. 

I felt like Nahm dailed it back and became more down to earth in the last few months. Sometimes I didn't understand what he wrote and I thought it was my mistake; I had to reread it. Afterwards I discovered it is just his style. He likes to talk in riddles so to say and you have to unpack it to understand it. He helped me a few times and I'm thankful for that. If one doesn't want to change it is spiritual ego and I don't think he is the only one guilty of that.

In Tate we trust

Nahm is the real deal.

Nahm's posts made sense to me.

But so does this decision by Leo.

It's Love.

I agree with the decision. The things you said about conflating the absolute and the relative, and giving neo-Advaita type answers is all true. I didn't think much about it since he was so respectful and mannered. 

However, I had a conversation on a thread with Nahm a month back where I had an epiphany that what he was saying is harmful. We were talking about Law Of Attraction, which he mentions in his YouTube videos. I was trying to understand him more so I was asking him questions. He said you can manifest absolutely anything with LOA, including winning lotteries, changing your physical features like height, fixing terminal cancer, etc. I then asked if we can bring back dead family members. He then pivoted to Neo-Advaita and said death is imaginary... I came to the conclusion that his advice/posts can make people disappointed and give them false hope. It can damage someone's journey and lead to a lot of wasted time trying to "manifest" something impossible. I think Nahm has some good insights but is completely clueless about other things. He is a good example of someone with incomplete knowledge. It was disappointing seeing such a senior mod saying something so ridiculous as telling people you can use LOA to win million dollar lotteries. 

@mandyjw There is no Nahm to ban and there is no Leo. :D

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

As many others here, I have deep respect and love for Nahm. He really has a big, beautiful heart that just wants to shine. I've read his posts for years and loved many, but especially these last 2 or so years, I've rarely even bothered reading them completely because the words were not appropriate or helpful in my view.

@Leo Gura you really put it accurately, there was often no resonance, no attunement to what was really needed. And I hate to say it, but I think this might not have been helpful for Nahm, either. I think he might have thought himself into a neat little bubble which would allow to evade further questioning, further contemplation.

And in my view, this is what this community is really all about: Always be open, curious and receptive to the infinite. You can't learn it all and if you think so, you're deluding yourself. To guide in this process of endless discovery of Truth is the function of this teaching, this forum and the help of the mods.

With all respect and love for a beautiful embodiment of God, I think it was the right decision when seen from the bigger vision of what all this is aiming at. And to be really honest, I am really shocked by the PM's you've linked. It shows one of many traps and dangers of this path. I'm honoured and grateful to learn from this, and I'm sure Phil will grow from this, too. 

Sat Na(h)m ?

I did actually make the point to nahm on here a month or 2 ago that he was always speaking in riddles. I didn’t have a clue half the time but I wasn’t sure if that was on me or on him. Confused me. Seems like a nice genuine guy though and never had any issues with him. Just I didn’t get a lot of his responses. Got to the point where I’d see him respond and I’d instantly just project an image in my minds eye of the riddler from Batman ?. But there’s no doubting he’s a good guy

CE1D41C9-B235-4F2E-B7D5-EB992D5FE65C.jpeg

Guys please stop shitting on Nahm like that, okay? You don't have to agree with everything he says or the way he says things but please stay respectful.

The thing is, as long as you rely on anyone but you, Nahm, Leo, any thoughts by "others", you will not understand what he is pointing to, and you always stay in the expectation to get "somewhere", no one will get you anywhere, but you, and that is what Nahm points to. But you rely on this guy as if he has any power over YOU. Nahm is a thought.

4 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

The thing is, as long as you rely on anyone but you, Nahm, Leo, any thoughts by "others", you will not understand what he is pointing to, and you always stay in the expectation to get "somewhere", no one will get you anywhere, but you, and that is what Nahm points to. But you rely on this guy as if he has any power over YOU. Nahm is a thought.

Yes but would you tell someone they are already enlightened and enlightenment is just a thought?  Do you think this is going to help.someone become God realized?  He would then say God Realization is just a thought.   The key thing is that thought should not be demonized

Thought is what we use for understanding.   Yes paradoxically, it is in not knowing that one finds God and knowing  (meaning Being is knowing).   But that does not.mean knowing should be demonized or that it can't be used to aid on the path to not knowing. Spiritual practices must be used in conjunction.  Direct experience.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Guys please stop shitting on Nahm like that, okay?

What is the difference between honestly expressing what happened and what he's doing and "shitting" on him

13 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Guys please stop shitting on Nahm like that, okay? You don't have to agree with everything he says or the way he says things but please stay respectful.

agreed. Nahm is chill.

If anything, we should self-reflect on how we communicate with others if we have a problem with how others are communicating to us.

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What is the difference between honestly expressing what happened and what he's doing and "shitting" on him

Well, it seems to me like you are implying, he fooled you into giving him money. I'd like to see you accept responsibility for your choices and recognize that Nahm's time is valuable which is why anyone would charge someone for a 'session'. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Raptorsin7 Why, did you feel adressed? 

I think some people (mis)use this thread as an opportunity to express their disliking of Nahm in a not very respectful or considerate way. 

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes but would you tell someone they are already enlightened and enlightenment is just a thought?  Do you think this is going to help.someone become God realized?  He would then say God Realization is just a thought.   The key thing is that thought should not be demonized

Thought is what we use for understanding.   Yes paradoxically, it is in not knowing that one finds God and knowing  (meaning Being is knowing).   But that does not.mean knowing should be demonized or that it can't be used to aid on the path to not knowing. Spiritual practices must be used in conjunction.  Direct experience.

Demonized? Thought isn't demonized. Just adressed. It is the most direct pointer. Have never seen Nahm saying "thought is bullshit, to hell with it!". The entire concept of talking and helping anyone getting "God realized" is totally senseless. No one can get God realized when he relies on others, or believing thoughts. 

Edited by Nadosa