Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

If Nahm was "smart" he'd just make youtube videos, market himself, sell courses and not ever deal with talking or relating actual real life, messy (beautiful) people. But yet THAT is what is so obviously needed. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

And if he was wise he would go to real teachers, learn how to actually help people, and then find a way to interact with people where most of his communication doesn't go over their heads and doesn't serve them

Nahm is cool.

Sometimes I understood and sometimes I didn't. He's largely pointing to thoughts being barriers to the Now, and hopes that it would cessate the thinking process.

In the end, you asked him to be more reasonable and conscious of his communication style, and he chose not to. 

This is just as much Nahm's choice as it is Leo's choice.

Edited by SgtPepper

Sorry to hear that. 

While I get the issue, I've always thought that this perspective brought spiritual diversity to the forum. I personally benefited from Nahm's work, even though it took me some time so start seeing through his teaching style. To me, it was clear he wasn't for everybody. But those who resonated with him got access to deep wisdom. He's great to remind you of the fundamental, and to remind you that actuality is where it's all at. Thoughts and emotions tint awareness, his teaching is about getting yourself free from that occlusion.

Also, it was nice to have someone enlightened around.

Kudo to him for his work as a moderator.

1 hour ago, Gili Trawangan said:

The reason @Nahm has been using more of the "there is no you" talk lately, is because a) it's true and b) it's

I love him to death as a person as well..but it just seems like he felt he needed to be involved in every single thread even if there was nothing of substance to say.  So he just Injected the neo advaita talk..which honestly is not going to be of any help to anyone.  It's better to not post in a thread rather than to just insert the Absolute into every post when we are speaking at a relative level- language after all is dualistic.  It just seemed that this got worse and worse, to the point of madness for him.  Maybe it was some type of unhealthy addiction to the forum, I'm not sure - or maybe this is just where his head is at..always in the Absolute and out of touch with reality.   I think Leo made the right decision, but as I said, I love @Nahm and wish him the best.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

After reading some of Nahm's latest posts, I understand why Leo found it tiresome. lol

Yeah he gone full Connor Murphy on us xD

@Raptorsin7 Interesting.  So I guess it really has been a problem for people.  I suppose now would be the best time for him to contemplate on how he wants to do his teachings in the future - there's good advice and feedback here, if he wishes to improve his style.

I would try following along with your current teachers, and then when you are in a better place - to attempt to understand what Nahm was saying and see if it sticks.  If not, then perhaps he does need to think of how to reword what he's saying.

The money thing is sus imo, but it was your choice, and you did learn some things from it. 
But just because of how much you spent, and got no benefit - if I were the teacher I would be wondering why my student is not progressing - and would discuss this with them, especially if they were paying me so much, I would really want to make sure they were healed asap.  If I wanted to use the term healer, I would want to make sure that I was doing my job correctly - and if I needed to learn to communicate on a lower level for people, I would, I guess learn how to do that.

It's annoying - like realizing you have to go back to school to learn a new skill, but it could be a helpful and fun project if Nahm wants to do that.
Think of it like, being on the high level of a house, and your students are at the bottom of the stairs.  The middle of the stairs are gone, so they can't walk up - you have to build those stairs in the middle so they can walk up to meet you on the second floor.

It could be turned into a new project!
Honestly, learning that one might need to learn a new skill is very exciting, it means that the world is even more complex and beautiful than it was before - you can make some really baller stairs - paint them, add designs, put down some carpeting, or different types of hardwood; the whole works.

Everyone can read my journal. I am fucking crazy I know that, but I am pretty sure what i'm saying is true, but if you're really curious you can look back at my earlier posts on the forum.

I was the biggest Nahm fan boy there was. I thought he was absolutely brilliant when we first talked, but I had no basis of comparison.

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Every session I got the sense that I was only one insight away from it all clicking.

I'm not downplaying your experience at all, and to me the donating money thing sounds indeed weird, but that term "insight" seems interesting to me.

Nahm doesn't really talk about insights. I don't think I have ever seen him do that. In fact, most of the forum seems to be talking about insights and whatever, except Nahm. IME he has always kind of steered away from "insights" and "realizations" and "mystical experiences" or "enlightenment" and pointed more towards simplicity, sensation, here and now. Which is already who we are, it's not in some particular insight or realization so to speak.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

1 minute ago, roopepa said:

Nahm doesn't really talk about insights. I don't think I have ever seen him do that. In fact, most of the forum seems to be talking about insights and whatever, except Nahm. IME he has always kind of steered away from "insights" and "realizations" and "mystical experiences" or "enlightenment" and pointed more towards simplicity, sensation, here and now. Which is already who we are, it's not in some particular insight or realization so to speak.

So right now you are experiencing whatever you are experiencing. Feel into the sensation of your body. Notice there is sensation that is independent of any thoughts.

Okay.

Now what? My guess is if you were suffering and confused before, you aren't in a better position after applying that insight.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I love him to death as a person as well..but it just seems like he felt he needed to be involved in every single thread even if there was nothing of substance to say.  So he just Injected the neo advaita talk..which honestly is not going to be of any help to anyone.  It's better to not post in a thread rather than to just insert the Absolute into every post when we are speaking at a relative level- language after all is dualistic.  It just seemed that this got worse and worse, to the point of madness for him.  Maybe it was some type of unhealthy addiction to the forum, I'm not sure - or maybe this is just where his head is at..always in the Absolute and out of touch with reality.   I think Leo made the right decision, but as I said, I love @Nahm and wish him the best.

Thanks for your insight as a Mod. I think the Mods can give us a good perspective how they perceive each other when they are trying to work together.??

Edited by Juan

Do you ever feel that you have trouble being understood yourself?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think a lot of us can learn from this. This is not a bad thing. Its a good thing. In all actuality: Its for Us, just as much as it is for Nahm.
Nahm just happen to be the model we are using to talk about a way we are to eachother here on the forum. A lot of us just post a reply, just for postings sake. A lot of us just reply and project whatever we se fit, but dont see the OP concerns. (Even though a lot of posts are just mental masturbations and an escape from doing the actual work) But there are legitimate posts that are worthy of so much more.

Nahm will be fine :$

*Think for a moment, before you reply.*

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Raptorsin7 I'm sorry about your experience.. yes there is stuff in the relative that can be worked on/healed and shouldn't be bypassed imo. Sounds like that's what you needed to move through whatever struggles you were/are going through. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just now, puporing said:

@Raptorsin7 I'm sorry about your experience.. yes there is stuff in the relative that can be worked on/healed and shouldn't be bypassed imo. Sounds like that's what you needed to move through whatever struggles you were/are going through. 

Don't be sorry, I am very content with where i'm at now. 

It's kind of overwhelming to say all of this, but i am not really disturbed in any big picture sense. 

I should have said all of this long ago, but I was holding my tongue

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

Don't be sorry, I am very content with where i'm at now. 

It's kind of overwhelming to say all of this, but i am not really disturbed in any big picture sense. 

I should have said all of this long ago, but I was holding my tongue

And that is no small feat. 9_9

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Carl-Richard Quite often because my path is more paranormal and mystical, a lot of my posts are purple-yellow in nature - so I don't really fit in, but it doesn't bother me much tbh.

8 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Carl-Richard Quite often because my path is more paranormal and mystical, a lot of my posts are purple-yellow in nature - so I don't really fit in, but it doesn't bother me much tbh.

I'm talking about Leo.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

36 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I talked with him for about 6-8 months once a week. I donated per session, and then i think midway he started charging per session

A long time ago, I e-mailed him after looking at his website and he sent me a link to schedule a session which, if I remember correctly, he was asking $125.  I didn't do it.   I since avoided his posts because of his use of empty platitudes.  I am tired of fake and have found from hard experience that real teachers don’t charge that much.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.