Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

Yeah, right decision Leo.

I never understood anything of what he said. So I stopped reading his posts completely. To me his posts are like letters randomly mixed. And even if I did understand something, then I disagreed with him, but that's probably irrelevant. I disagree with almost everyone here.

I don't either have ill feelings towards Nahm, but it is what it is.

Edited by Blackhawk

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I really appreciate the mystery of poetry and riddles and I think the only questions worth asking are the ones that aren't immediately answered. Just because you don't immediately understand something doesn't mean it's worthless or wrong somehow or badly or carelessly written. Quite the opposite. Like a poem or a koan, feel into the words. Why is this... essentially art... being demonized?

I agree.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I really appreciate the mystery of poetry and riddles and I think the only questions worth asking are the ones that aren't immediately answered. Just because you don't immediately understand something doesn't mean it's worthless or wrong somehow or badly or carelessly written. Quite the opposite. Like a poem or a koan, feel into the words. Why is this... essentially art... being demonized?

Because it's the blind leading the blind. 

I could also start a website and then spend months repeating the same advice over and over which doesn't land, and accept thousands of dollars in donations while patting myself on the back for helping. But I wouldn't because it would be madness.

This will probably will be a great thing tbh. He may be forced to self reflect and seek out genuine understanding so he can actually help people, and not leave people in a perpetual state of confusion

Edited by Raptorsin7

appreciate the respectful way that leo cleared his points.

but I would love Nahm to be here on the forum. can you please let him be here ? he will change his ways, I believe! His advice is spot on tho sometimes cryptic. @Leo Gura

if you leave , Nahm...soo much of  love to ya! I saw how much willing you always were for everyone to offer your advice. thank you for ur time , love and advise that have changed entire lives here. @Nahm please,do not leave mate!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@Preety_India I didn't get that impression from him, I got use out of some of what he wrote, and some of what he wrote I did not get use out of - it depended on how long I took to mull it over and if it was the right advice for me at the time - I don't expect that everyone is going to have exactly what I need when I ask a question - so I cobble together different perspectives to create some form of answer for myself. 

He was part of the crowd, just doing his own thing in his own way - but there are so many other teachers and knowledgeable students that it's really just like having a fruit basket you can pick from.  Even though the fruits he offered were one's that people weren't quite sure of the flavour of, they were still good fruits and we should leave them in the basket - when we take something away, it makes the basket more bland - and for people who could benefit from his work, he won't be able to share anymore.

Sometimes some of his posts would get more to the heart of the issue as well - I had asked something on forgiveness a year ago, and I don't remember quite what he said, but I read it a few times and it was accurate.  When I understood it, it helped a lot.

This feels like, when you had decided to take a break and people ganged up on you in your post, or that time years ago when John Flores had a mental breakdown and he was banned and Leo made a thread on it and people just used it as a way to dump what they were too chicken to say in the moment - like they held those opinions in, instead of saying something.  You at least said something about it.  I don't disagree that he could make his posts easier to understand for people - but that is also a process of learning how to be a teacher.

I just, I guess I don't understand when people hold it all in and then wait until moments like this - often times - to say something, it's like, they feel safe to say it because they are in a group.  It just seems like... we can all agree Nahm is a great guy and he has a lot of wisdom to offer, that he does his best to help when and where he can and has reached out to people who are in crisis mode to help them, which most people here don't do - they just give a back pat and call that good, and Nahm would actually go out of his way to reach out and teach people who needed help 'now'.

He was also very fair when moderating, and if he needed clarification for something he would talk to the person before making a mod decision, which is great!  He wasn't unfair about it - and he thinks for himself and we need that.

@mandyjw Yeah, he has a good balanced energy.

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

Because it's the blind leading the blind. 

I could also start a website and then spend months repeating the same advice over and over which doesn't land, and accept thousands of dollars in donations while patting myself on the back for helping. But I wouldn't because it would be madness.

This will probably will be a great thing tbh. He be forced to self reflect and seek out genuine understanding so he can actually help people, and not leave people in a perpetual state of confusion

No. Nahm didnt charge a cent, at least for me. And we talked endlessly. Stop spreading this non-sense. What in the world was NOT PRACTICAL about his work? Meditation, expressing, the hell, what do you want more?

16 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

true! 

@NahmI hope nahm makes his own forum if he is outed of this forum! 

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Just now, Nadosa said:

No. Nahm didnt charge a cent, at least for me. And we talked endlessly. Stop spreading this non-sense. What in the world was NOT PRACTICAL about his work? Meditation, expressing, the hell, what do you want more?

I donated like 6-8 thousand dollars over the course of 8 months of talking to him, and in hindsight I was spinning my wheels and he just smiled along when I thought I was in the care of someone who understood what I was doing. 

There was about 2-3 week period where I didn't pay anything, and then he brought it up. It was really awkward, and this was after I had already donated THOUSANDS of dollars, and was basically at a complete standstill with my spiritual progress.

I have found real teachers since then and looking back I feel sick thinking about how much faith and trust i put it in him. But I didn't know any better, and I think he didn't either.

Anyone can read my posts. I challenge anyone to show me someone posting on this forum who has improved more and gained more spiritual insight since starting than I have 

I stopped reading Nahm posts a long time ago, I just couldn't understand anything he says to the point, sometimes you just feel it is just words salad. I cannot understand why he feels this is a good way of communicating his thoughts.

@Loba actually this reminds me of the guy who committed suicide not long ago whose name was Soonhei on the forum and the last person who he had a communication with on the forum was Nahm. Not saying that Nahm is in anyway responsible for the suicide. But Nahm's conversation might have had a negative impact on the guy causing him to think what he was doing was right. 

I mean these are the situations where social acuity gets tested really badly. 

Plus Nahm was in the position of a mod. That's very influential to some newbie. 

All I can say the mods here should tread carefully with their advice. It can drive someone over the edge. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I love @Nahm , he has helped me alot even on my hardest and darkest times of my life, but I agree with Leo’s point too and also looking at your guys last conversation. If I know I have to tone down on something, I’m open that “I could be wrong”, let me contemplate what the other person is saying, see how other people respond to me, take a break to meditate, etc.

Everything what @Leo Gura said started to click with me since this thread and I felt a bad that she might not received the possibly help that she needed: 

43 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Leo Gura I noticed he also does a great deal to market his website / business on this forum .. so not sure if how much his cryptic language was being used to increase traffic for his business. Do you plan on creating some guidelines around users marketing their spiritual coaching businesses? I only bring this up because it could possibly taint or corrupt the forum.

2nd this, I felt at times he was sort of subtly promoting himself alot. I have no problem with people promote themselves, I just observe how often one does it and their possibly intentions. 

If you read this @Nahm, I love you bro, we can still talk anytime you feel like, I just suspected something was going on, I’m open that I could still be wrong about it. ??❤️?

Edited by Juan

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

@Loba actually this reminds me of the guy who committed suicide not long ago whose name was Soonhei on the forum and the last person who he had a communication with on the forum was Nahm. Not saying that Nahm is in anyway responsible for the suicide. But Nahm's conversation might have had a negative impact on the guy causing him to think what he was doing was right. 

I mean these are the situations where social acuity gets tested really badly. 

Plus Nahm was in the position of a mod. That's very influential to some newbie. 

All I can say the mods here should tread carefully with their advice. It can drive someone over the edge. 

Just stop. 

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I donated like 6-8 thousand dollars over the course of 8 months of talking to him, and in hindsight I was spinning my wheels and he just smiled along when I thought I was in the care of someone who understood what I was doing. 

There was about 2-3 week period where I didn't pay anything, and then he brought it up. It was really awkward, and this was after I had already donated THOUSANDS of dollars, and was basically at a complete standstill with my spiritual progress.

I have found real teachers since then and looking back I feel sick thinking about how much faith and trust i put it in him. But I didn't know any better, and I think he didn't either.

Anyone can read my posts. I challenge anyone to show me someone posting on this forum who has improved more and gained more spiritual insight since starting than I have 

Are you kidding me? 6000 dollars? Plz. You better start charity. Please don't spend that kind of money. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

As a long time lurker, and someone who has spoken to nahm one on one; i regretfully say i agree.  I really like him and enjoyed my conversations with him along with his loving energy.

I know his intentions are good, but he seems disconnected from the experience of the average user here.  His advice isnt as profound/helpful or as simple to apply as he seems to feel it is.  Making one always feel like they are missing something, due to the lack of clarity in his communication style.

I do still like his dream board advice, but often he makes it appear more magical/easy then it is.  I hope i dont sound too harsh, i know he wants to help anyone who needs it.

@Raptorsin7 Nobody forced you to donate anything. Nahm offered you a lot of guidance and you're being ungrateful here.

Nahms advice has always been very helpful for me. More so than any other user on this forum, and perhaps more so than any spiritual book or video I've seen. He has truly changed my life for better, and his presence has given me insight, wisdom and assistance that is nowhere to be found in Leos videos alone. In fact, he has helped me tremendously in sorting out many misconceptions and confusions following Leos work has brought.

To be honest, Nahm is really the main reason I come to this forum. :D

@Nahm Though it is also my experience that your expression / use of language is sometimes quite weird. I don't know if it's a neuroatypical / personality trait or something, but sometimes it sucks to try understand what you're saying when the words seems to be all over the place, sometimes just making no sense whatsoever.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Just now, Gesundheit2 said:

@Raptorsin7 Nobody forced you to donate anything. Nahm offered you a lot of guidance and you're being ungrateful here.

I think he's a poor teacher and he shouldn't be allowing people to donate thousands of dollars when they aren't getting any benefit.

I would never do what Nahm did to me, that's what's so baffling to me.

Just for the record I don't think that this is really about the way Nahm writes or communicates at all. Just take a look around this place. 

@Raptorsin7 You really dont think wouldn’t have spent that with someone else anyway?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think he's a poor teacher and he shouldn't be allowing people to donate thousands of dollars when they aren't getting any benefit.

I would never do what Nahm did to me, that's what's so baffling to me.

You donated your money. He did everything for free.