Crazcass

How to proceed with spiritual work?

13 posts in this topic

After the latest blog video, I am wondering how to proceed with my spiritual work. I am still very motivated to progress further, but after Leo said in the video that meditation, yoga, shamanic breathing etc., pretty much all previously discussed techniques are useless for the pursuit of awakening, I find myself a bit discouraged. I have put quite some time into mostly meditation and yoga, and have seen some results, but I'm wondering now if the time investment is gonna be worth it. 

My question is: 

If all of these techniques (meditation, contemplation, yoga etc.) won't get anyone to awaken, then how to proceed with spiritual work? Is there an alternative then that is more effective and maybe less time consuming? If yes, what is it?

I know that Leo might create a course on awakening, which I may or may not get once it is out. But until it is, I would like to know how to progress on my spiritual path if these traditional techniques won't work. I am certain that I will continue my practices, however I would still like to have an answer on this. 

Another thing that I've noticed is that when talking about what won't work for achieving awakening, Leo didn't mention psychedelics. Did he just forget to mention them, or did he deliberately not mention them because they work to achieve awakening (unlike meditation ect.)? 

I'm curious what you guys think. 

There's infinite amounts of paths to enlightenment. You're just making one for yourself it this very moment. If meditation and yoga works for you then stick to it. Gautama Buddha didn't have psychedelics and yet he did it. Different strokes for different folks. Find what works best for you. 

Do you enjoy doing meditation, yoga, contemplation, reading spiritual books etc.?

if you enjoy it keep doing it.

It's like even if you were enlightened all of a sudden or awakened, you still need to fill your life and time with something. 

46 minutes ago, Explorer_42 said:

Gautama Buddha didn't have psychedelics and yet he did it. 

actually we don't know that for sure or do we?

36 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Do you enjoy doing meditation, yoga, contemplation, reading spiritual books etc.?

if you enjoy it keep doing it.

I do enjoy it and I will definitely keep doing it regardless. My question is rather that if these techniques aren't effective as Leo seemed to say, then what is? It's not about stopping with these practices, but maybe including something else that I've been missing. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the blog video didn't feel complete. Leo told us that meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, and so on aren't gonna get us there, but he didn't say what is. Having spend quite some time on these practices, I wonder what else there is.

Edited by Crazcass

19 minutes ago, Crazcass said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the blog video didn't feel complete

The wholeness is the cessation of the activity of thought, about the wholeness. 

Really stop and notice you’re seeking love in a blog video / someone’s words. 

? ? ? 

Much love! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

useless to leo*

there are as many paths as there are people

i will not be deterred by anything another says, i am glad of any pointer but i determine what works for me

there is no truth outside only inside

Consider a possibility that leo might be wrong about meditation and many things about spirituality in general.

Edited by Salvijus

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Consider a possibility that leo might be wrong.

Of course, that's always a possibility. 

In the end, enlightenment is being emptied, by grace. It's the universe's 'decision' as to when you are ready to be emptied and 'awaken'.

The universe is like a giant magnet of LOVE that is attracting you spiritually, but of course there is resistance and the process of living that 'gets in the way'. Make yourself as nothing as you can, as simple as you can. But of course you cannot do that unless you are a living a monk's life, the world gets in the way. So do as best as you can to make your life simple and free of problems. Problems and worries burden the mind too much.

Do you get what I'm suggesting? Make your life very trouble free, very thought free and simple. So you don't need to waste energy! 

Get your life straight in all areas of your life. Then you will have spare energy. This spare energy, even with little meditation will take you where you need.  

But that doesn't sound too appealing or exciting, and there's no promise it will work... the entire issue or problem is the constant need of approval by this self (<----that was speaking), that wants excitement or security etc... Try to not live by the spoiler's rules for a few days and that's an awakening by itself, to something real, beyond your boundaries. Just don't get excited, that's its favorite meal. Starve it, and the extra energy you free from doing that will instantly go to your Intelligence, your perception or attention to dive deeper.

Edited by TripleFly

I could be wrong, but it seems like Leo is suggesting systematically using psychedelics with the intent to become aware of Truth is the best way to awaken. 

But ultimately, it seems that it doesn't really matter, since there's no choice and God is... like the process itself is an illusion which is probably why he said what he said in the blog video. 

Edited by SgtPepper

4 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

I could be wrong, but it seems like Leo is suggesting systematically using psychedelics with the intent to become aware of Truth is the best way to awaken. 

Yup, that's my guess too.

@Crazcass Yes, Leo deliberately left out psychedelics because they are the primary tool for changing your state of consciousness. Following along with his videos you can see clearly that some of his deepest insights require a state change of consciousness to be accessed to realize things like that. These insights come from the use of psychedelics. If you have used them before you will immediately understand that they work and why they are the primary tool used. Your simply not going to be able to change your state of consciousness to the higher degrees necessary through the traditional methods. Psychedelics completely change everything about your perception of reality, especially 5MeO DMT in my opinion. Your basically directly altering the very mechanism of your mind manifesting reality.

Its still necessary to keep the basic practices like Meditation and Contemplation because your going to have to be psychologically grounded enough to handle the psychedelic experiences because they can be quite intense. You then have to be able to contemplate what the trips have shown you.

I also agree with SgtPepper-Systematic use of psychedelics is the primary approach necessary. Leo simply would not be where he is at with out them.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

What Leo is doing with 5meo is super extreme. I wouldn't compare your journey to his. You will still awaken to some degrees with these other methods. Also, Leo is talking about a specific flavor to awakening and I wager there are other flavors (for example, shamans who use psychedelics etc). 

"You Create Magic"