SamC

Leo, is becoming more conscious = making distinctions?

15 posts in this topic

I have watched your video where you said learning is = to making distinctions. Can the same be said about becoming more conscious? Like for example, you experience the opposite of what you experienced before and than make a distinction between the two states and then realize something about it ( thourgh observation). Is that = to becoming more concious? What does becoming more concious really mean? ( whats the metaphysics to raiseing your conciousness)

@Leo Gura

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

No, you can make new distinctions without raising your consciousness. You do this all the time as you learn.

"Becoming more conscious" is a fundamental or primitive. It cannot be defined or explained by something else. You have to experience it.

As an example, you become more conscious when you wake from sleep vs when you are sleeping. You are more conscious when you are meditating vs when you are watching TV.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is not a ‘you’ and an ‘it’!

There is thought attachment & projection, apparently.

Nonduality!

Not. Two. 

“Becoming more conscious” ? 

OMG to so much LOVE! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SamC Notice right now that you are conscious as you read this. That sense of knowing that you know anything can be cultivated.

It's like the more you notice it the easier it becomes to recognize, like working a spiritual muscle.

Raising consciousness can come from becoming conscious or knowing the felt sense of being you. Your identity carries with it an emotional and felt energetic phenomena in your direct experience, and when you put your attention on it you can become more and more conscious of the different aspects of you

Becoming more conscious in the Absolute sense, is about deepening your Consciousness regarding the nature of reality, which is the source of every distinction. As been said before, it is about collapsing all distinctions into their real nature, which is Nothing.

In a relative sense, it is about creating more distinctions in some particular domain of experience or appearance, which is about being more aware or conscious of different perceptions and processes (for example: becoming a more knowledgeable doctor by studying more material in your field of expertise, learning to distinct symptoms, causes, treatments, methods for diagnosis or what not). Note that even the distinction between Absolute and Relative is a distinction in the Absolute, and that ultimately there is no difference even between absolute and relative. 

13 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

No. Becoming conscious means collapsing all distinctions.

Cool! Thats interesting! To me it seems like this paradoxicaly happens when we make distinctions ( sometimes). Like that it is a a consequence of it. Correct me where I am wrong.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, you can make new distinctions without raising your consciousness. You do this all the time as you learn.

Yeah, but isn't it a part of it? Like a neccesary criteria.

"Becoming more conscious" is a fundamental or primitive. It cannot be defined or explained by something else. You have to experience it.

As an example, you become more conscious when you wake from sleep vs when you are sleeping. You are more conscious when you are meditating vs when you are watching TV.

But isn't meditation in a sense where you distinct yourself from your reality and therefor are able to see reality more for what it is and how it is, relative to something else?@Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@SamC Notice right now that you are conscious as you read this. That sense of knowing that you know anything can be cultivated.

It's like the more you notice it the easier it becomes to recognize, like working a spiritual muscle.

Raising consciousness can come from becoming conscious or knowing the felt sense of being you. Your identity carries with it an emotional and felt energetic phenomena in your direct experience, and when you put your attention on it you can become more and more conscious of the different aspects of you

Interesting perspective! Thanks! Whats your opinion of Batman's POW. @Raptorsin7

7 hours ago, Batman said:

Becoming more conscious in the Absolute sense, is about deepening your Consciousness regarding the nature of reality, which is the source of every distinction. As been said before, it is about collapsing all distinctions into their real nature, which is Nothing.

In a relative sense, it is about creating more distinctions in some particular domain of experience or appearance, which is about being more aware or conscious of different perceptions and processes (for example: becoming a more knowledgeable doctor by studying more material in your field of expertise, learning to distinct symptoms, causes, treatments, methods for diagnosis or what not). Note that even the distinction between Absolute and Relative is a distinction in the Absolute, and that ultimately there is no difference even between absolute and relative. 

This is exactly what I was looking for. So insightful, thanks Batman.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think that the term 'rising consciousness' is somewhat misleading. We already have infinite consciousness, so it's not really getting more of it. We can make our ego more whole that's all we can do.

The issue is rather becoming attached to certain parts of the dream - which in turn create dreams within dreams - we want to look at the certain part of reality but refuse to look at the rest. 'Higher consciousness' would actually mean that we follow the flow of creation without having a break.

23 minutes ago, SamC said:

Yeah, but isn't it a part of it? Like a neccesary criteria.

Not really.

But isn't meditation in a sense where you distinct yourself from your reality and therefor are able to see reality more for what it is and how it is, relative to something else?@Leo Gura

No. If anything it removes the distinction of self vs world and you melt into it.

10 minutes ago, Username said:

I think that the term 'rising consciousness' is somewhat misleading. We already have infinite consciousness, so it's not really getting more of it.

You do not have anything close to infinite consciousness. Be careful kidding yourself about that.

The issue is rather becoming attached to certain parts of the dream - which in turn create dreams within dreams - we want to look at the certain part of reality but refuse to look at the rest.

No, that is not enough. You actually require a higher state of consciousness.

Nothing can substitute for a high state of consciousness. No amount of work.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You do not have anything close to infinite consciousness.

I mean that God perceives itself completely.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, that is not enough. You actually require a higher state of consciousness.

It depends how you define consciousness.

Just now, Username said:

I mean that God perceives itself completely.

No. God is asleep.

Just now, Username said:

It depends how you define consciousness.

Lol. No. Consciousness is consciousness. You can't redefine it.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. God is asleep.

When I was tripping on 5 MeO DMT it was clear to me that I can't increase my consciousness because it's complete. The only thing to be done is making my mind more whole so I am not 'asymmetrical' and this way I would be able to come back quicker to the God state. Having a proper mind structure would make a way from ordinary me to God shorter. Higher consciousness = short distance to God.

Being asleep is being attached to some kind of asymmetry.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol. No. Consciousness is consciousness. You can't redefine it.

Consciousness = perception. However if you use this word for ordinary life it will get flavoured.

E: Oh. Higher consciousness could be also also experienced as increased speed of perception. If you aren't attached your perception is faster. It will also make you come back to the centre (God) quicker.

Edited by Username

Enlightenment is the opposite of making distinctions. This is one of the first things you learn in spirituality 101.

In Tate we trust

22 hours ago, SamC said:

Interesting perspective! Thanks! Whats your opinion of Batman's POW. @Raptorsin7

On 2/21/2022 at 7:58 AM, Batman said:

It doesn't really resonate, but I might not really understand what he's saying.

I think it's a matter of what you are conscious of. Becoming conscious of suffering and it's causes is the path to higher consciousness. It's tough because these words are limited, like higher consciousness and becoming conscious use the same word but to me they are pointing to different aspects of growth