SQAAD

Others Exist

47 posts in this topic

How can Leo say others do not exist? 

If I don't exist then who is typing this message. If Leo doesn't exist then how come he has answered my messages many times before??  How can I have a conversation with Leo then???? 

If you who is reading this message do not exist then how are you typing an answer right now? 

If Others do not exist then how Leo's videos are getting views and comments? 

If you were to murder someone, you would also have the experience of the person you murdered.. 

Right now I have my experience. This is undeniable. And Leo is having his own experience. Everything else simply does not make any sense whatsoever. 

Therefore others exist. That's the logical conclusion. Or at worst case scenario we could say that it's impossible to to know for sure. 

Edited by SQAAD

While I'm not sure I believe in the whole solipsism thing, I believe those questions are kind of easily answerable if you suppose that others are imaginary. It's like being in a dream and asking "well, if my dream characters aren't real, how come I see them doing stuff?" The answer is, the stuff they're doing is just imaginary

Edited by sleep

7 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

If Others do not exist then how Leo's videos are getting views and comments?

Lol

You have the logic of a 6 year old child.

"If Santa don't exist, how come thew arw pwesents under the Chwistmas twee???" o.O o.O o.O

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD

What if all "others" are literally you... but who you are? Self answer it via meditation ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

You have the logic of a 6 year old child.

If I don't exist then who is typing this? 

And Aren't you having your own experience right now??

You cannot answer no to this question. Therefore others exist. 

You are sitting in America in front of a computer or phone right now reading this. And I am sitting in Greece right now. 

Edited by SQAAD

Leo should make a poll to ban all discussion about solipsism on this forum. The amount of mental masturbation is incredible. 

@allislove

6 minutes ago, allislove said:

@SQAAD

What if all "others" are literally you.

This is different. If I am aware of Leo and mine experience right now, then this makes sense. 

But Leo is even denying my experience which I do not understand at all and makes no sense. 

8 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@allislove

This is different. If I am aware of Leo and mine experience right now, then this makes sense. 

But Leo is even denying my experience which I do not understand at all and makes no sense. 

What if there no 'me' who is aware and there is only awareness.

You won't understand it, have to be self realized by careful inspection of beliefs and letting it go.

There is only one experience, there is no difference between yours and Leo's experience, not two.

@SQAAD Well Leo also said to go by personal experiences. All of mine have been extremely Vedic, which is that all is Brahman, but they do have an "Atman". Atman IS Brahman. Brahman is without attribute. Buddhist "Sunyata" yes, and the obvious changing of all form including all forms which constitute my ego. But very heavily Vedic...

I find Rupert Spira's discussions are closer to helping me relive and understand what I experienced. I find Leo's discussions to get to me more on an intellectual level. I definitely identify when he talks about nothingness though.

I wonder what your own experiences tell you?

23 minutes ago, sleep said:

While I'm not sure I believe in the whole solipsism thing, I believe those questions are kind of easily answerable if you suppose that others are imaginary. It's like being in a dream and asking "well, if my dream characters aren't real, how come I see them doing stuff?" The answer is, the stuff they're doing is just imaginary

Are you having an experience right now?? 

Yes. So I am. I doubt that someone would deny that right now I typed this message. Solipsism makes no sense. 

I dare someone to tell me that they do not have an experience right now. 

@allislove

6 minutes ago, allislove said:

What if there no 'me' who is aware and there is only awareness.

You won't understand it, have to be self realized by careful inspection of beliefs and letting it go.

There is only one experience, there is no difference between yours and Leo's experience, not two.

If there is no difference then why am I not conscious of what Leo is doing right now? I am only conscious of me and have only been conscious of me my entire life. 

Edited by SQAAD

@RMQualtrough

5 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

@SQAAD Well Leo also said to go by personal experiences. All of mine have been extremely Vedic, which is that all is Brahman, but they do have an "Atman". Atman IS Brahman. Brahman is without attribute. Buddhist "Sunyata" yes, and the obvious changing of all form including all forms which constitute my ego. But very heavily Vedic...

I find Rupert Spira's discussions are closer to helping me relive and understand what I experienced. I find Leo's discussions to get to me more on an intellectual level. I definitely identify when he talks about nothingness though.

I wonder what your own experiences tell you?

I think God is aware of everything simultaneously right now . And that my experience is not absolute.

I think God is aware of your experience and mine right now at this very second. 

You are not imaginary. And if you are then you are not any more Imaginary than I am. Imaginary or not makes no difference when everything is imaginary. We could also call it real. 

@SQAAD It's a bit of a mindfuck.

What Leo is saying is that others is Leo. Or in other terms, the others you are referring to, are you. So there is one being in essence, we call it God. Me and you are not actually me and you, we are God. when one is awake, then everything is them and therefore there are no others.

Moreover, the one or sense of being a self is also an illusion because a self kind of implies an other, but there is just God.

correct me if I a wrong.

Edited by SgtPepper

You've never played a video game and had a conversation with a character before? They can assign quests to you, explain their backstory, etc.

Now imagine the video game is so advanced that every character can explain most of the lore, several generations deep. They have billions of responses they can give you.

Of course a character in a game is going to tell you they exist. It'd be super weird and pointless to break the 4th wall and tell you they're just computer code.

34 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Right now I have my experience. This is undeniable.

No it's not. I am denying you that experience! Do you see the mindfuckery of this whole thing? From my perspective, you don't exist and you didn't write your original post. You are trying to deceive me by making such an outraged post. It really adds to the realism as if you actually existed.

29 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

If I don't exist then who is typing this? 

No one

30 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

And Aren't you having your own experience right now??

Yes

You cannot answer no to this question. Therefore others exist. 

No

You are sitting in America in front of a computer or phone right now reading this. And I am sitting in Greece right now. 

Yes. No.

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Are you having an experience right now?? 

Yes. So I am. I doubt that someone would deny that right now I typed this message.

I deny that you typed that message. I deny there is a you that could've typed that message.

@SgtPepper

1 minute ago, SgtPepper said:

@SQAAD It's a bit of a mindfuck.

What Leo is saying is that others is Leo. Or in other terms, the others you are referring to, are you. So there is one being in essence, we call it God. Me and you are not actually me and you, we are God. when one is awake, then everything is them and therefore there are no others.

correct me if I a wrong.

Yes there is One Being. You are God. I am God also. But I cannot deny your experiences. We are one but clearly we are having different experiences right now. 

I am typing this from Greece. And you are reading this from somewhere else. Tomorrow I will be eating X food and you will be eating Y food. Hope this makes sense.

Leo denies others experiences from what I understand. But as I said before. If he can say that he does not have an experience right now then his solipsism holds water otherwise it does not. Because I am having an experience right now for sure. 

@Yarco

5 minutes ago, Yarco said:

You've never played a video game and had a conversation with a character before? They can assign quests to you, explain their backstory, etc.

Now imagine the video game is so advanced that every character can explain most of the lore, several generations deep. They have billions of responses they can give you.

Of course a character in a game is going to tell you they exist. It'd be super weird and pointless to break the 4th wall and tell you they're just computer code.

No it's not. I am denying you that experience! Do you see the mindfuckery of this whole thing? From my perspective, you don't exist and you didn't write your original post. You are trying to deceive me by making such an outraged post. It really adds to the realism as if you actually existed.

No one

Yes

No

Yes. No.

I deny that you typed that message. I deny there is a you that could've typed that message.

When I say 'you' or 'i' I mean God, One Being who has multiple experiences simultaneously. 

Of course you could deny my experiences but I wouldn't go that far. This isn't computer code. 

Personally I believe you are having an experience right now and therefore you typed this message. Thats what makes sense to me. 

@SQAAD

I don't think he's denying it per say, its more like its just not real, or it is imaginary in relation to God-realization. The Truth is experiences are not real in the sense, that they do not have any substance, the only substance is Consciousness. 

So while we are making distinctions about what we eating for lunch tomorrow. the next day, it is forgotten, but what has remained is consciousness and thats the actuality of reality, not the experiences themselves.

Dreams are one of the best analogies because while I am going to have X dream tonight and you will have Y dream tonight. when we wake up, we will come back to Z reality we both see and realize X and Y dream were illusory; however going deeper... Awakening transcends Z reality, to the point where all dreams no matter, how much they vary are just like the dream we will have tonight - a temporary symphony that eventually leads to an awakening of what is actually happening - God. 

This is why I notice Leo does not anything is good or bad because distinguishing an activity or behavior as good or bad, is part of the dream, and so is the activity and behavior. The actual truth of the matter is that all is a product of the nature of God. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@SQAAD

This is by design. The good news are you can realise that you are everything. Daily morning meditation.

28 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Yarco

When I say 'you' or 'i' I mean God, One Being who has multiple experiences simultaneously. 

Personally I believe you are having an experience right now and therefore you typed this message. Thats what makes sense to me. 

Incorrect. Just because something makes sense to you doesn't mean it's the truth. It doesn't have to make sense, especially at a human level of understanding

Edited by Yarco

In addition. I asked Leo how an awakened person would act or behave, and Leo pretty much said, there is no way, they would behave however way they wanted to or in other words, how God imagined them to be. 

This makes it difficult if not impossible to know/see who is awake.

What if someone were awake, but behaved as a devil. Many would say he is not awake, he is hurting 'others' because of ignorance, but theoretically, he/she can be awake. The closest devil I can imagine to maybe being awoken is Charles Manson.

If I were to say I was awake, I would get resistance from everyone. - of course because it is not 'I' that awoke, but God awoke to himself.

It's as if when one awakes, the center is you, and that is why Leo says to forget all teachers, not only does that break the Truth and keep us asleep in duality, but it plunges us into stories, concepts, and labels. 

The message I got from the blog video, is that all teachers, paradigms, models, spiritual practices, and even personal contemplation is all imaginary because the Truth is God, which is beyond all of that - and that is all. The moment, we contemplate about it or create models around it, is the moment, we lost it, and demonstrates we are not awake.

I can speak on being in a solipsistic state of my own and I describe it as a state because I don't usually think in a solipsistic way because it became impractical. I would have to detach myself from obligations and survival to maintain that Truth.

Edited by SgtPepper