Olly

What is your Myers Briggs personality type?

88 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yali said:

I think ISFP / ESFP / INTJ / ENTJ are the best matches for an INTJ. 

INFP might work for friendship but not ideal for romance @integral

shared cognitive functions == more compatible. You'd want to date within your quadra.

Watch the video I sent you.

Golden pairs are widely accepted to be good choices for relationships. Others say they work better as platonic relationships though. So an INTJ's golden pair would be with an ENTP (same two middle letters, different outer letters). The functions would be the same and in the same order except the e and i are switched around.

One of my closest friends is an INFP, and it's not perfect but there's a sense of needing each other, I don't know how to explain lol. But him being very emotionally stuck in his world can be difficult to get into sometimes and he can be very stubborn about making the right choices to improve his life. I guess to get a golden pair relationship to work you need to be willing to accept the differences and also to see how that person's worldview can build on top of your own. The golden pair's other is also referred to as their shadow type if you follow the 4 sides of the mind theory (which I do somewhat).

Edited by SavourTime

19 hours ago, integral said:

same two middle letters, different outer letter

The letters don't matter. Look at the cognitive functions. INTJ & ENTP share no cognitive functions. @SavourTime

They're actually one of the least compatible matches contrary to popular belief. 

Edited by Yali

12 hours ago, Yali said:

Watch the video I sent you. 

I have, good stuff, but what i want is your own personal experiences not theory. :D 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 3/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, Tristan12 said:

I’m just saying its way more common for people who are INxx to be into this stuff. You’re probably not going to find any ESFP mystics

Yeah, I thought this. But I know of a Youtuber who seems to be ESFP but is very spiritual and explores ideas on what reality could be. Her name's Anna Campbell. I'm not sure exactly what prompted her to end up on the spiritual path but maybe it's do to with her history of psychedelics which she talks about.

@integral I think the theory reflects my own personal experience with people. I’ve always gotten along with ISFP for example.

@Tristan12 Seems like a gross stereotype, but I can understand why you would think that.

INTP(-T 5w6) every time and struggling in every single way as predicted. :}

Edited by Slaughter

Golden pair are definitely very complementary to each other. Both types usually have the same outlook and focus on life, but approach it from a different angle with different qualities. I have noticed with my golden pair type that the communication is quite effortless, we get each other, and we admire traits in the other person that seem foreign yet familiar.

I can also see why relationships with golden pairings become stale and they start slacking and vegging out. This pair can get too comfortable with each other. So that's something they have to look out for and prevent from happening.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

11 hours ago, vizual said:

Golden pair are definitely very complementary to each other.

@vizual MBTI "Golden Pair" theory is very much flawed. I would suggest Socionics Intertype relations theory. Much more accurate.

Edited by Yali

50 minutes ago, Yali said:

@vizual MBTI "Golden Pair" theory is very much flawed. I would suggest Socionics Intertype relations theory. Much more accurate.

I disagree, your 'dual' as described in socionics is also heavily flawed imo. That relationship can work, but also has its downfalls, just like the 'golden pair'. The main issue I see is that 'duals' tend to annoy the shit out of each other, as the conscious weakness of one partner is the absolute strength of the other. Again, such a relationship can work with 2 developed and mature individuals, but that is no different than with the golden pairing.

2 hours ago, vizual said:

the conscious weakness of one partner is the absolute strength of the other

Rather than "annoy" each other as you suggest, duals "help" each other for this very reason. They cover each other's weaknesses whilst admiring each other's strengths.

If you want to educate yourself, this gal knows what she's talking about:

no different than with the golden pairing

It is very different. MBTI Golden Pairs don't value the same cognitive functions whereas duals do.

You'd want to date within your own Quadra as Socionics suggests. 

Here's another video if you want to learn more:

@vizual

Edited by Yali

On 2/20/2022 at 0:54 PM, Olly said:

Happy Sunday from England everyone!

Let me know what your personality type is? And do you think the Myers Briggs test is a good way of learning more about ourselves and what career we should get into based on our values, interests and work environments

For those curious, mine is an INFJ (the counsellor)

I'm aware Jordan Peterson has created a personality exam too and was curious whether anybody has tried that too :)

@Olly

Infp

Edited by Finax

@Yali Try to understand what I am saying. In the case of 2 mature people will duality help each other, if one of the two is immature they will annoy each other. But if the two people are mature, than a relationship between a 'golden pair' is just as likely, if not more likely, to work. And yes golden pairs have totally different cognitive functions, but they value the exact same scope. One partner uses the extraverted variant very well, whereas the other partner uses the introverted variant very well > Ti-Te. Ni-Ne, Se-Si, Fi-Fe. Which means they are focussed on the same values, but from a different perspective and approach.

I have studied this more than that girl in the video

9 hours ago, vizual said:

focussed on the same values, but from a different perspective and approach

Yes, that is the problem. 

But if the two people are mature, than a relationship between a 'golden pair' is just as likely

MBTI Golden Pairs corresponds to Mirage & Contrary relations in Socionics. These Intertype Relations don't share the same values, so even if they're both mature, the relationship will still be less than ideal.

Mirage might work as this relation values half of the same cognitive functions, but Contrary is bound to fail as these relations value none of the same functions. This is what matters. 

I have studied this more than that girl in the video

You know nothing of that Girl so I wouldn't be too quick to judge.

She has actually written several articles on Jungian typology. Here's her blog -- https://typevolution.com

She also has clients who've paid for coaching -- https://typevolution.com/testimonials/

@vizual

Edited by Yali

@Yarco is jordan petersons program very good for self actualization.does it contain anything useful and practical

15 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Yarco is jordan petersons program very good for self actualization.does it contain anything useful and practical

For $15 I think it's very good. It's not Leo's life purpose course but it's a stripped down version. They compliment each other nicely even if you've already done the LP course, as it lets you hit some similar ideas from different angles.

You need to give it the full attention it deserves though. If it says to spend 10 - 15 minutes brainstorming answers to a question, give it the full time it requires. Don't half-ass it and give up after 2 or 3 minutes. 

If you can, set aside several hours uninterrupted or an entire afternoon to work through it. What really amplifies the program and gets you the most out of it is really allowing yourself to daydream about all the possibilities for each question.

I can see how people would say it's too shallow and they didn't find it useful, but I would suggest that those people probably half-assed it. Getting into that daydream mode is critical to get something valuable out of it.

It's very practical, so if you're looking for something very spiritual and lofty then it might not be what you're looking for. You'll look at what you want your career, social life, hobbies, etc to look like. In terms of self actualization it's more mundane stuff.

Knowing what your life purpose is, I think it could still help you though. It will take it from an abstract idea to something more concrete. What your actual life will look like day to day while living out your life purpose.

I don't know if I would say that it was "profound" but for me it was very deep and I definitely had some realizations. One example, I realized I have one uncle I really want to emulate most aspects of my life after, as opposed to my parents. I like how his house was when I was growing up... in structure, layout, how things where organized inside, how it looked and smelled and felt, what kind of activities went on there, how he interacted with his family and friends.

That's what JP's future authoring program is best for. Designing a life you will be happy with, both in the present moment while you're living it, and looking back at it on your deathbed. Life purpose is just one aspect of that, but it will slot in nicely.

I am INFJ

Introverted Intuition is evident

I work two jobs and a college education plus music

Am super in tuned with everyone's feelings

Can read you all like a book:P:x

have big plans worked out into the future

introverted thinking teritiary

I am very personally contemplative, but get exhausted from thinking a lot pretty easily

Se inferior, I hate new experiences, I hate rollercoasters, and I am always anxious. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

ESFJ-T :o

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?