Olly

What is your Myers Briggs personality type?

88 posts in this topic

Happy Sunday from England everyone!

Let me know what your personality type is? And do you think the Myers Briggs test is a good way of learning more about ourselves and what career we should get into based on our values, interests and work environments

For those curious, mine is an INFJ (the counsellor)

I'm aware Jordan Peterson has created a personality exam too and was curious whether anybody has tried that too :)

INTJ-T (Architect)

I think it's interesting and accurate. I don't know if I'd center my whole life around it. It's a bit better and more scientific than Chinese horoscopes. Honestly, knowing I'm a fire rabbit in Chinese astrology has probably provided me with a similar level of benefit.

I've done Jordan Peterson's Self Authoring program (all 3 modules - past, present, future.) I think the Future Authoring Program is great, almost on par with the Actualized.org Life Purpose Course. Especially considering that the cost and time commitment is probably 10x less. The other two are more limited in usefulness.

I've also done the version of the Big 5 test that Peterson offers (understandmyself.com), although he didn't create that framework.

I found it a lot more useful and in-depth than Myers-Briggs. But my results were also EXTREME, either extremely high or low in most categories, so it's more clear-cut and useful for me than someone who falls in the middle on most areas:

Agreeableness: Very low (8th percentile),
Compassion: Exceptionally low (0th percentile),
Politeness: Typical or average (52nd percentile),
Conscientiousness: Very high (93rd percentile),
Industriousness: Moderately high (67th percentile),
Orderliness: Exceptionally high (98th percentile),
Extraversion: Exceptionally low (0th percentile),
Enthusiasm: Exceptionally low (0th percentile),
Assertiveness: Very low (9th percentile),
Neuroticism: Typical or average (59th percentile),
Withdrawal: Very high (91st percentile),
Volatility: Low (17th percentile),
Openness to experience: Low (20th percentile),
Intellect: Moderately high (67th percentile) (Don't confuse with IQ, this is a measure of interest in abstract ideas, whereas IQ is a measure of processing speed, verbal ability, working memory, and problem solving capacity),
Openness: Exceptionally low (3rd percentile)

Honestly, if you're on here you've probably done enough self-help work that none of the results would surprise you.

But $10 USD for the personality test and $15 USD for the future authoring program, I think they're a very good value. Paying $30 for the entire self-authoring suite is less good, although for an extra $15, if that's not a big deal to you, you might as well.

Edited by Yarco

It can be a good model for understanding how you use your attention, I have found that it has helped me understand my strengths and weaknesses much easier, and helps me to understand somewhat how other people use their attentional habits - I'm an infp, one of the more common personality types found online.

Entj, my guess is the majority of people drawn to serious consciousness work tend to be intuitives. I could be wrong though.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I've gotten INTP again and again over the years. If i recall correctly @Leo Gura also posted he was INTP like 5 years ago, which may be why his teachings has always been so precise and direct for me. I guess we have built our egos up the same way, so when he deprogram and deconstruct it, we can walk the same way back

Edited by The Zen Viking

Hi I found the best test is by csjoseph. The way he types you is by ruling out other types you could be by splitting the psyche into 4 quadrants.

This imo is by far superior to any other test i have found online here is the linky.  https://discover.csjoseph.life/

INTP

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

INFP

On 20.2.2022 at 6:54 PM, Olly said:

And do you think the Myers Briggs test is a good way of learning more about ourselves and what career we should get into based on our values, interests and work environments

Use it to discover yourself, not limit yourself.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

INFP

Represent.

hrhrhtewgfegege

INTJ

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

ISFP jumper (meaning instead of Fi,Se, as my top two functions, I'm Fi,Ni)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

6 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I'm Fi,Ni

Interesting im a INTJ jumper, (Ni,Fi as top 2) instead of (Ni,Te).

I wonder what the differences and similarities are between  (ISFP Fi,Ni) and (INTJ Ni, Fi).

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

ENFJ here, and I know there have been other ENFJs lurking around here, which I wasn't expecting!

@Loba I think you are an ISFP.Maybe I am wrong.

I am ENTJ sx/sp 8w7

Edited by Zeroguy