Onecirrus

Man makes $5/hour and defends capitalism

11 posts in this topic

I haven't watched the video, but capitalism in and of itself does not equate to (wage) slavery. It simply depends on whether it's balanced or not. Really, it's even the discussion what it means to be a slave. Technically speaking, there really isn't such a thing as being a "wage slave" as someone simply makes choices and adopts attitudes that gets him or her dependent on a certain loan and wage. The person just as much as everybody else has the capacity to take responsibility and create a great financial situation for him and herself. Yes, for some it's harder than for others, I will admit that.

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

@Onecirrus Yeah it's unfortunate... seems like people who are loudly opposed to a UBI (even some leftists) also often are the struggling 'working class'. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, puporing said:

@Onecirrus Yeah it's unfortunate... seems like people who are loudly opposed to a UBI (even some leftists) also often are the struggling 'working class'. 

Depends about what they mean with "universal". They would probably limit it and only give it to "good" citizens, maybe you would need some social score, take the vaccine and stuff. 

If it would truly be "free" I think it would be a good think. 

"We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest." - Buckminster Fuller

44 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Depends about what they mean with "universal". They would probably limit it and only give it to "good" citizens, maybe you would need some social score, take the vaccine and stuff. 

If it would truly be "free" I think it would be a good think. 

There are different takes on how a UBI should run/look like but the point is towards simplification not complication as is currently with existing social supports, the less conditional it is the more accessible which is the point of 'universal'. 

Could just start as like a 'dividend' of whatever surplus is collectively generated up to some sort of 'cap'. Yes, people will argue endlessly over what the appropriate amount is and why we would give such a dividend to someone like Jeff Bezos but that's kind of a distraction to not do anything at all.  

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I mean, isn't that kind of wise of him in a sense? It's like if someone is super unlucky and dying because of the covid vaccine but still defends it because it is good for the whole.

Not saying that that's what's happening here but maybe its just the thought process of the worker.

1 hour ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

To escape wage slavery in any economic system, you have to be able to provide extraordinary value to society, or become a master scammer and manipulator. Most people are neither of these things - thus they become wage slaves.

Ofc, just cause you're a wage slave, doesn't mean you should be automatically exploited - this is where capitalism fucks people over.

You don’t really have to be extraordinary to start a profitable business and be your own boss. You just have to have basic determination and follow through, and be willing to live with financial uncertainty and take risks.

To be honest, I’ve met real morons(below 100iq points for sure) who have been able to live off their own business just because they can work somewhat hard and have an inflated sense of bravado

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Totally agree with bad hippie, just to live a good life you shouldn’t have to slave away for a wage or start a business. A good life to me isn’t even extravagant, just your basics needs some shelter and food. The whole psychology of capitalism and the people who defend it seems very ego based. Of course I’m very ego based too, I just want to survive as well, but exploiting workers so you can sell cheap good and have tremendous wealth inequality isn’t sustainable and in my opinion will have to change it it will collapse in on itself.

I don’t like the whole psyche of needing to prove yourself through value to society to live a basic life off the street, I personally believe I can benefit society in other ways than financially being a cog in a system or an owner of a business and believe we all should have basic economic rights just for existing as humans, call me lazy call me naive but it seems the fairest and most free way to run a society to me, to not be corned into being a worker or business owner and just being able to do your own thing at your own pace, and not have to starve for it. Plus a lot of jobs are just useless jobs and would probably be better for society if they didn’t exist or people had their own free time. 
if you want to work hard work hard but don’t push that on others, some people are meant to do other things in life and the material world isn’t for everyone.

I haven't watched the video yet, but just the words you've spoken, FACTS

The drunk guy in the vid was so incoherent. Couldn't even make one compelling argument and sounded sounded a total laughable moron. 

Edited by Hardkill

On 2/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, Onecirrus said:

a mane makes 5$ an hour 

you should be grateful for that 

in my country we work 8-10 hours and get paid literally 8-12$ per day and sometimes nothing

and we don't have capitalism in Iraq.
we have  corruption .

maybe you have a little bit of too