Someone here

I successfully quited smoking

13 posts in this topic

I used to smoke between 20-40 cigarettes per week.  When I decided to quit, I cut down to only 2-3 ciggies a day, and from there I smoked tiny amounts to get my nicotine fix. For the most part I have been smoke-free since late 2021. It’s tempting to have the odd cigarette or two when partaking in social drinking or under immense stress. But despite several moments of weakness (puffing it out), I have not been addicted to smoking at any time since 2022.

Cigarettes are now ridiculously expensive. It actually keeps me from buying them and helps me stay smoke-free! I think I would have saved around $20 since I quit full time smoking over the last 4 years. I am a student, and the money saved helps me buy stuff that I need or want around the place. It’s nice to get Uber Eats meals here and there to save time and ease the pressure of studying and the busyness of daily living.  

Since quitting my breathing has certainly improved. This is a great accomplishment for a hobby personal trainer! My sense of smell has improved too. I haven't had bronchitis or chest infections for quite some time and my asthma has not been an issue, which feels amazing. My general well-being has improved. The chronic pain I possess from previous injuries has reduced. This could be attributed to the fact my blood is more effectively circulating throughout my body as the carbon monoxide levels within my body have re-stabilised. Quitting has also allowed my immune system to better respond to internal stimuli and I'm getting more restful sleep. One thing is for certain, it feels incredible to vanquish the late night/early morning cravings and the habitual tendency to get out of bed and jump aboard the tobacco train.

Sadly, my parents and some of my friends still smoke. This makes it difficult for me to hang out with them. I am so happy that my sister quit. 

If there is one thing that I hope to have achieved from my role on the campaign it is that ‘I changed at least one person’s perspective on smoking and changed one life’. I truly believe that people are capable of great things if they set their mind to it. Thus, I urge others to avoid placing labels on the goals in their life. If we consider a task to be a superhuman achievement and too difficult, then we are not allowing ourselves the ability to succeed in the first place. “You can do anything you put your mind to”. Often support, space and time is all that is required. Believe in yourself and one day you too could be achieving your impossible.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Btw if anyone is struggling with smoking addiction just PM me and I can guide and help you guys and share what worked for me to quit .

Cheers 

-Osho

Congrats dude! Letting go those 5 cigarettes a day is hard as f, can't imagine quitting a whole pack :D

Psyched Substance latest video is resonating with this. Tackling an addiction from its roots is a messy process

Congratulations, man! And here's to a perfect health, free from all sorts of poisons!

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

:x:x:x:x:x I'm glad.

A good way to keep it long-term is to start valuing your fitness more than ciggies. I love to smoke, but I love being able to run a half-marathon and train with full capacity way more :x

Yup. Never start again bro. Even if you think you can have one without getting addicted. DO NOT. smoker friends suck but if you're attached what you gonna do, love is love

@Nahm @Gesundheit2 @Kshantivadin @John Paul  thank you guys :x

Unfortunately though I'm replacing my smoking addiction with video games addiction. I'm getting hooked on gaming recently lol :D

Well at least I won't get lungs cancer from gaming lol

Edited by Someone here

-Osho