Husseinisdoingfine

I wish I had never discovered spirituality

61 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Then why do you keep engaging with it?...

I don´t. Only to critizise it LoL

I do think my current life work is deeply intertwined with deep spiritual truths though...but I am doing out of pure selfishness..

Embrace the game

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

The reason spirituality emerged in the East is not to fix the problems of your life but to live a certain life. 

I don´t know, I´m just saying, if it can´t enlighten you, if it can´t solve your material problems, or give you relief, then is it really useful?

Literally all that it gave me was momentarily highs, I had 2-3 "sober" awakenings and that´s it. Ain´t going to count the psychedelic highs because those ones are just like any drug.

I mean after 4-5 years of trips, meditation, yoga, videos, books and gurus, my trauma and inabiltiy to produce happiness and control my emotions and actions didn´t got better. Actually, I think it got worse, I have to cut everything of spirituality and tripping to start making progress again, like when I was 18-19 years old and I was deep into stage orange. But a trigger of my trauma set me back and I had to cure my sucidal depression with a psychedelic, in it was from that moment that I discovered spirituality and fall into the rabbit hole).

Maybe spirituality is great, I was just deeply low developed to take advantage of it. In this sense Leo and others are very right that is very common for people to use Sprituality as a gateway from material problems. But again... isn´t wanting to be happy or control your emotions/mind, another material desire?

Embrace the game

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I don´t know, I´m just saying, if it can´t enlighten you, if it can´t solve your material problems, or give you relief, then is it really useful?

It is useful to those who desperately want it. Like art is useful to an artist. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Husseinisdoingfine Don't get ahead of your skiis buddy. Give yourself a good 10 years to figure out spirituality. You don't need the highest fucking teaching at 19.

Relax and enjoy learning about life. Enjoy building a good life for yourself.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Husseinisdoingfine Don't get ahead of your skiis buddy. Give yourself a good 10 years to figure out spirituality. You don't need the highest fucking teaching at 19.

Relax and enjoy learning about life. Enjoy building a good life for yourself.

Thank you Leo, your words just now have been a good calming down/reassurance/stabilizing effect for me. :)

I do have to admit though that I was in a depressive slump, I'm over that now.

I do want to explore some basic, more mainstream teachers and books though. Not the law of attraction, Oprah Winfrey spirituality, but more gentler fun stuff.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

*This account is no longer active as the user has decided to leave the forum*

3 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Not the law of attraction, Oprah Winfrey spirituality

Can I know what's wrong with the law of attraction, Oprah Winfrey spirituality stuff? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Can I know what's wrong with the law of attraction, Oprah Winfrey spirituality stuff? 

@Preety_India There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

19 hours ago, Yoremo said:

I have been watching this subforum from a far mostly. But for me it seems like spirituality is taught in a toxic way here by some people. I am mindblown as to why people that say that an awakening cannot be explained, and then proceeds to explain it in words that is then interpreted by people without any experience or any foundation? Like it seems it is set up for a catastrophe. Just listening to people here talk about solipsism makes me feel sick, which then makes me wonder why it´s talked about extensively at all, since apparently you have to awaken yourself to understand it, but then there is no need for the explanation in the first place?

These are good points...Awakening cannot be explained or given to you..you do have to wake up all by yourself.   That said..a framework is good to have (the videos).  Here you can talk with like minded people.  Talking about spirituality when you have no real outlet anywhere else to talk about can sometimes stimulate the mind and trigger spontaneous awakenings just by massaging the mind with these Truths.  I have had awakenings right on the forum before.  That said..there is a balance..everything is about balance.  Too much hanging around the forum can be toxic..and you may end up falling into various traps or taking things on as dogma.  In that sense the forum can be a negative and the argument could be made to shut it down. Especially since words cannot give you the Truth..  So it can have positives and negatives.  But that is not the focus of the forum - it is more to just discuss sprktuality with other like minded people and if it helps trigger an awakening great.  Too much will always be bad.  The key is you should be doing direct spiritual practice after listening to the teachings.   Keep an open mind, but at the same time don't take anything as a belief.  Really open your mind to the words being said but contemplate them for yourself.  Of course remember spirituality is very serious business and if you are not ready move away from here and go back to your everyday life leaving spirituality behind 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

19 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

But isn't me leaving just my ego/the devil winning?

This is the type of brainwashing you get when you listen to Leo Gura. He is just and ordinary man with a god complex, nothing is going to happen if you leave an internet forum and stop listening to Leo. That question alone sounds so culty "if I leave I'm bad and wrong", you arent.

The prerequisite of engaging in spirituality healthily is having your stuff together. Make sure you are healthy financially, physically, socially and emotionally. Otherwise there’s a good chance that these spiritual concepts will get in the way of you taking care of your life, they will confuse you and cause even more chaos in your life. The result will be that both your spiritual goals and your life goals will suffer for it. 

So don’t look down on getting your act together. That is also part of the spiritual process.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Inliytened1

If believed. Otherwise, nothing. ?♥️

I.e. just be open to it ❤️ 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I thought Leo’s intention was to up the quality of the posts on this forum. Yet it seems the mods are the biggest shitposters around

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

5 minutes ago, vizual said:

I thought Leo’s intention was to up the quality of the posts on this forum. Yet it seems the mods are the biggest shitposters around

No..it may just be required to add the disclaimer after every post to not take what is said here as a belief.   Hopefully we are all wise enough to know this without appearing this to every post  but perhaps not.  I hope we are 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, vizual said:

Quality is not quantity ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Husseinisdoingfine

The Power of Now, Eckart Tolle. 

@Nahm I got the recommendation to read “A New Earth” beforehand. Would you agree that this makes sense?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now."