Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alphaomega

How Ought A Man Reason?

4 posts in this topic

I have grown disillusioned with dogmas and absolutism. With rules and commandments with little relation to actual life and no foundation in logic or common sense.

Like Sartre, I have come to the realisation we must make and live by our own morals which we express by our actions. 

Such a moral code for my own use must be based on these principles:

Balance in all things, in every aspect of life, physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual. 

Cause and effect

Non duality, yet recognizing a need for an ego to interact with the world.

Instinct

Empathy

The will to power

Survival

The pursuit of happiness, both internal and external.

Noncompliance with absolutism and dogma, but adherence to a middle way.

Where no extreme view is held, but instead a compromise is made.

Indulgence instead of abstinence, Ie not over indulging nor depriving yourself. 

A middle way, for example Between helping and not helping. Securing ones own resources before helping others so you have  resources by which to help instead of making yourself a martyr.

Or doing something uncomfortable for the sake of obtaining pleasure. Work for example, or facing ones fears to experience freedom and clarity.

Accepting that both good and bad are necessary, since challange breeds skill and experiencing this advancing uss.

So, I am looking for help in developing a guideline from which to live by and would like your input on this.

So far it has served me quite well.

Feel free to criticise as much as you want, since the point is to prove wither or not this "philosophy" is valid or not. 

Edited by Alphaomega
To please the great old ones.

2 hours ago, Alphaomega said:

Feel free to criticise as much as you want, since the point is to prove wither or not this "philosophy" is valid or not.

In modern times Philosophy has devolved from the love of wisdom, to the love for argument.  We must find a better name for love of wisdom, but no doubt as time passes our ego will corrupt that new label as well.

I am aware of that thanks for reminding me, that`s why I want a second third or even fourth opinion.

it has a lot of  stoicism in it yes, but is it practical?