Samuel Garcia

Sensory Experience Proves There's A Me

43 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2017 at 7:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you're looking for a rationalization for why you should be good. It doesn't exist. LOVE = BEING, BEING = LOVE.

What do you mean by ''love''? I would think love is something like helping others without anything for yourself. But you say LOVE = BEING. Are you saying love is just what is and love doesn't increase or decrease? What is meant by being?

On 1/15/2017 at 6:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

There is hungry child when he appears before you. Otherwise, it's just an image in your mind.

@Leo Gura This sounds as if you are saying a distinction you make in the visual field is more "real" than a distinction you make of a thought (which I doubt is what you mean but who knows with this stuff).

When you think of a hungry child, what exists is a thought of a hungry child. When a hungry child appears before you, what exists is a sensory experience of a hungry child. Both distinctions are equally "real". Either way, there are no hungry children as public objects sitting somewhere in space (and the fun doesn't stop with hungry children!)

Reality is such a mind-fuck. I've posted this once before, but I will leave the link here as well- a relatively easily digestible account of quantum mechanics corroborating the "no public objects existing in space" (no)thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/04/the-illusion-of-reality/479559/

Edited by WorthyBird
add tag

@Samuel Garcia  Sensory experience proves that there's sensory experience.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16