Preety_India

What prevents you from doing your spiritual /personal development work?

21 posts in this topic

I discovered this year that my own emotional state prevents me from doing spiritual work /personal development work. It's like a lot is left on the table and a lot of things that happen to me personally hinder my growth. 

What are your reasons that prevent you from doing spiritual/personal development work? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Seeker said:

Fear, negativity, unwillingness to expand, or to look at myself plainly can be uncomfortable.

it’s a lot to step into sometimes.

I see. Totally relatable. 

Have you explored the ways to get rid of this negativity? 

What have you found so far? 

Resentment, ignorance/lack of experience, fear/insecurity, level of health and consciousness itself, disorganization and chaos/lack of foundation and balance in lifestyle/natural backsliding to center of gravity, comfort/attachment

Edited by John Paul

1 minute ago, John Paul said:

Resentment, ignorance/lack of experience, fear/insecurity, level of health and consciousness itself, disorganization and chaos/lack of foundation and balance in lifestyle/natural backsliding to center of gravity, comfort/attachment

Really comprehensive. I hope you will be able to push them all away, overcome them and find your true path. 

Thank you for your response, that was detailed and comprehensive. Really wonderful answer. 

@Preety_India

ya.... if only knowing all of the answers could help me cope with my self-created sense of "lack of support" and unwillingness to forgive.

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What are your reasons that prevent you from doing spiritual/personal development work? 

I tend to notice getting myself caught up on little things and looping on them.

I think my most difficult roadblock is believing I can improve in the first place and selfsabotage. I tend to be to harsh on my self.

I turn the simplest things into super hard tasks and agonise on them and then not even do them from time to time ahhh 

Too much overthinking. Almost thought addiction to the point I forgot my environment and have a hard time focussing on a given task, switching in and out of it.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

23 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I tend to notice getting myself caught up on little things and looping on them.

I think my most difficult roadblock is believing I can improve in the first place and selfsabotage. I tend to be to harsh on my self.

I turn the simplest things into super hard tasks and agonise on them and then not even do them from time to time ahhh 

Too much overthinking. Almost thought addiction to the point I forgot my environment and have a hard time focussing on a given task, switching in and out of it.

Time to get a bit gentle, am I right? 

21 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Not knowing where to start or somehow feeling like I'm doing something wrong.

Yes this has been huge for me. I get mightily confused on where to start or feeling uneasy that I'm doing something wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Time to get a bit gentle, am I right? 

Definitely a good start.

I sometimes feel like this making things hard for oneself is some sort of self punishment. It’s like climbing an imaginary wall and being frustrated that you don’t get over it. 

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Definitely a good start.

I sometimes feel like this making things hard for oneself is some sort of self punishment. It’s like climbing an imaginary wall and being frustrated that you don’t get over it. 

Yes I can sense that. You're sort of abusing yourself by being too hard on yourself. A kind of disservice to your wonderful being. Why would you do that? 

I can think in your case you lack self love. 

@Marcel I'll be back with better solutions to your issue on the same thread. Please wait. It will take some time. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

can think in your case you lack self love. 

This seems to be a recurring theme. 

I remember a post a whole while ago on masculinity that I made and got the same answer. *Lack of self love 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Why would you do that? 

I’ll need to contemplate it for a while. I’m sure that’s some deeper issue. 

My first instinct is pulling me to my past altercations with my dad and being afraid of making some mistake or just not getting what he wants me to do immediately, because he wasn’t exactly patient with me when that happened. 

You are a spiritual being in a human body. No one can stop you from being spiritual or doing spiritual work because you are already divine. 

Just love and do good deeds and you will be doing personal development as a result. Love is the proof that God dwells in us. 

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I see. Totally relatable. 

Have you explored the ways to get rid of this negativity? 

What have you found so far? 

Abraham hicks emotional scale like @Nahm talks about, sitting and reflecting, music/singing sometimes.

also convincing myself I can have what I really want and writing it on dream board.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com