Bobby_2021

Does Enlightenment break the cycle of life & death?

26 posts in this topic

Sadhguru says the spiritual seeker attaining Enlightenment breaks the cycle of life and death. 

https://youtu.be/2bvWcJEyFhU

https://youtu.be/h5G0grgSW0g

But reality is infinite imagination, and it would imagine forms even after attaining Enlightenment for infinity & forever.

So does Enlightenment break the cycle of life & death?

Does the karma has something to do with this?

If yes, where does karma come from initially?

It is imagined up, so as the exhaustion of karma.

So is Sadhguru wrong in saying Enlightenment breaks the cycle of life and death?

Please elucidate.

Birth and death as a cycle is not considered as your physical birth and death only, but every single moment, as it is ever-changing.

If you identify with a self, it is subject to constant change and is thus constantly dying and being reborn.

However, if you do not identify with any self (Anatta) and recognize there is no self, and hence nobody to live or die, the cycle is broken. The cycle continues but you recognize you are not what is living and dying.

It's legit as simple as that.

You awaken and then you're alive forever.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

33 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Sadhguru says the spiritual seeker attaining Enlightenment breaks the cycle of life and death. 

But reality is infinite imagination, and it would imagine forms even after attaining Enlightenment for infinity & forever.

You can become the singularity eternally.   But you can also become enlightened and go back to the dream.  What the hell do you think your doing right now?? Your God.  You can do whatever the fuck you want.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by breaking the cycle. You are having your current human experience because you are choosing to create it. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Be careful what beliefs about Karma you adopt. There are many distorted beliefs around the idea of Karma. 

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You awaken and then you're alive forever.

Yes, you were awoke, before you went to sleep (by imagining finite forms).

So why can't it happen again?

You awaken and again go back to the  business of creating finite forms.

You imagine up a form.

And then you do spiritual practices to attain enlightenment to realise that your were constructing all these forms all along.

So technically Sadhguru says you can break the cycle of creating forms and destroying them. (Imagining forms and their death)

You could never break the cycle I guess. 

Is it the case that once you attain enlightenment, you are always awoke forever?

Sadhguru says you can break the cycle, which means you will be in infinite bliss forever without being attached to a form.

But if reality is infinite imagination there is no reason why you shouldn't be imagining more forms.

(Even after you have awoken)

In summary: 

According to Sadhguru: 

Enlightenment totally breaks life and death cycle and you never go back to imagining forms again. You are awoke forever.

But then before you imagined your birth, you were awoke. You decided to take up a human form.

(Awoke-> sleep)

What I am asking is that why can't the same process repeat again, once you attain enlightenment? Why can't you go back to sleep.

So is Sg wrong, because it defeats the purpose of enlightenment?

Else reality isn't infinite imagination. Because awoke forever, means you can no longer imagine finite forms(ie never sleep again). 

1 minute ago, Matthew85 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by breaking the cycle. You are having your current human experience because you are choosing to create it. 

Be careful what beliefs about Karma you adopt. There are many distorted beliefs around the idea of Karma. 

Breaking the cycle means you stop imagining the cycle of life and death.

Consciousness keeps on imagining forms one after the other. It imagines duck, monkey etc.

Enlightenment puts a stop to that and you become absolute infinity.

But you were already absolute infinity before you imagined to be a human.

So even after you are enlightened, you can go back to being a human, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Enlightenment totally breaks life and death cycle and you never go back to imagining forms again. You are awoke forever.

I have not found this to be true. 

What I am asking is that why can't the same process repeat again, once you attain enlightenment? Why can't you go back to sleep.

Of course it can. That is what you are doing now. 

Breaking the cycle means you stop imagining the cycle of life and death.

Consciousness keeps on imagining forms one after the other. It imagines duck, monkey etc.

Enlightenment puts a stop to that and you become absolute infinity.

But you were already absolute infinity before you imagined to be a human.

So even after you are enlightened, you can go back to being a human, I guess.

In my exploration of this, you as God will not stay in a state of absolute infinity forever. You will continue to explore different finite expressions of yourself. 

52 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You can become the singularity eternally.   But you can also become enlightened and go back to the dream.  What the hell do you think you are doing right now?? Your God.  You can do whatever the fuck you want.

So is Sadhguru wrong in saying Enlightenment breaks the cycle of life and death?

Because that goes against the infinite imagination of reality?

Even in the middle of awakening you will be imagining forms. That's not a problem. This is not about rejecting forms. It's about realizing what form is. Formlessness is not the goal, the goal is consciousness. Form is to be appreciated, not rejected.

@Bobby_2021 I consider Sadhguru to be very conscious, but I don't follow his teachings closely. If he is telling people they are stuck in some kind of cycle of life and death, this is false in my experience. Every finite expression you are exploring is chosen and created by you.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:38 PM, Bobby_2021 said:

Because that goes against the infinite imagination of reality?

The bigger issue is not that he is wrong is that you put your authority in him solely and completely and hinge on his every word.  Think for yourself.  Consider that he is a projection of your own mind!  Consider that you can become Infinite and answer this yourself because you are Sovereign 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Form is to be appreciated, not rejected.

This

You as God love form. That is why you keep dreaming them up. 

It doesn't break anything in reality. 

It reveals there isn't anyone really alive in which could die in the first place.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You’re making too many assumptions

reincarnation is just a map 

Edited by Oppositionless

9 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

If it is believed there is a “seeker” & a “cycle of life & death”, it is the belief which is “broken”, as in dispelled, or seen through… (“seeing reality as it is”). 

There isn’t a realization which ‘breaks’ anything. The realization is more ‘why was that ever believed in the first place? How was that an I was born and could die ever believed? That’s preposterous! ?’. 

Reality = infinite. Inherently undefinable. Forms is a ‘personal’ belief. Thought attachment. 

Let all thought activity, which is the same as saying all beliefs, go into meditation. Only The Truth could possibly remain. 

Same applies, let that belief go too, and then there is perfect clarity as to ‘what it is’. 

If yes, where does karma come from initially?

The Truth, which remains when all thought activity settles. 

‘Conditioning’ is a term which points to all the beliefs to be let go. 

It is imagined up, so as the exhaustion of karma.

Not “imaged up”, thought attachment. Without beliefs, love is so… love. The Truth literally could not be any simpler. It’s only thought attachment & conjecture which seems to “complicate”. For that to persist, thought must continue to be believed. All “complexity” is in actuality, believing thoughts, or simply, beliefs.  

Please elucidate.

Notice thoughts are arising… notice thoughts are thoughts… return attention to feeling breathing from the stomach. Infinity, Truth, is ineffable & unthinkable. If you know The Truth, rest assured, ‘that ain’t it’, and simply return attention to feeling breathing in the stomach. Someone is not going to come along who / which can meditate ‘for you’, who / which can let beliefs fall away ‘for you’, anymore than someone could ever come along and tell you what is ineffable, or assist in a ‘right or proper thinking’ which dispels beliefs attached too. 

Just an apparent piece of advice…

Any time you’re about to watch a video of talking about The Truth - simply don’t. 

Meditate and or do whatever you love most instead. If you are to continue believing, let it be in that feeling, and not what is seen and or heard, especially if it seems to be arising from a mouth. (Including this one!)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Leo's beliefs are unique, I haven't seen any teachings like them, Sadhguru's and Leo's beliefs are different, so you will have to choose which one you want to believe in, you can't mix them together. I resonate more with Sadhguru's beliefs, because I don't believe in solipsism and I don't see the point in only speaking from the absolute perspective like Leo does, I believe a human is too limited to know the highest truth, so the Buddhist or true Advaita teachings feel more true and wise.

2 hours ago, Trickyp said:

What I would love to know is if it is possible to experience the infinite singularity fully on 5MeO to check out if one wants to become a "white hole without white for eternity" and still have an option left to go back into ones avatar as every time taking a high dose 5Meo could be your last if this was true?  @Leo Gura

I've been there. Coming back is not something you choose, it just happens for you. At that level of consciousness you are so surrendered you don't care if you come back or not. It makes no difference to you, which is why its so terrifying.

You will always come back I think unless you take a dose that physically breaks the body.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will always come back I think unless you take a dose that physically breaks the body.

No silly.  Tbe body is imaginary.  It is your mental hold or attachment to this world that binds you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.