Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

Animal Abuse Allegations Against Elon Musk & Neuralink

5 posts in this topic

Not to say I'm not against it if it's true, however I think that people are making a bid deal on something that if it's true is not even close to the slaughter houses. But not problem having a burger right? I'm not a vegan or something, just happen to see some footages. I find it to be pretentious to go stop paralyzed people from finally having some freedom in their lives and then happily going to buy some beef. 

Well, vaccines, medicine, equally abuse animals in the same way... the excuse is better them and us.  We are doing it for the sake of humanity.  

Many people here support the use of vaccines but do not think of the cost it takes to save human lives or enhance it by way of different medications.  

Its difficult to be karma-free in the world we live in.  

Edited by Tanz

5 hours ago, Tanz said:

Well, vaccines, medicine, equally abuse animals in the same way... the excuse is better them and us.  We are doing it for the sake of humanity.  

Many people here support the use of vaccines but do not think of the cost it takes to save human lives or enhance it by way of different medications.  

Its difficult to be karma-free in the world we live in.  

Yes, and this needs to change. There are ethical way to achieve progress, and many researchers argue that the high frequency of animal testing is detrimental to the science rather than helpful, especially regulations that require animal testing even if we know the data will be basically useless.

But either way, if you think it's okay to use animals as test subjects for the greater good, do you think you can justify this outside of human supremacy?

And more importantly, when you say for the sake of humanity, what exactly are you referring to? To me, doing this is the opposite of serving humanity, because to me humanity means to have compassion, mercy and love beyond the restrictions of animalistic desires. This kind of testing and attitude based on survival and fear is what kills our humanity, it makes us beings that instead of deserving the progress we achieve through the torture we inflict on others, are the last ones who should benefit from it.

Avoiding and prohibiting the torture of innocent, child-like individuals for the greater good is not difficult.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

19 hours ago, Scholar said:

Yes, and this needs to change. There are ethical way to achieve progress, and many researchers argue that the high frequency of animal testing is detrimental to the science rather than helpful, especially regulations that require animal testing even if we know the data will be basically useless.

But either way, if you think it's okay to use animals as test subjects for the greater good, do you think you can justify this outside of human supremacy?

And more importantly, when you say for the sake of humanity, what exactly are you referring to? To me, doing this is the opposite of serving humanity, because to me humanity means to have compassion, mercy and love beyond the restrictions of animalistic desires. This kind of testing and attitude based on survival and fear is what kills our humanity, it makes us beings that instead of deserving the progress we achieve through the torture we inflict on others, are the last ones who should benefit from it.

Avoiding and prohibiting the torture of innocent, child-like individuals for the greater good is not difficult.

I was being sarcastic. I think we are at a time when we do not need to use animals to do our research at the velocity that we are using them, even if it cost us 5% of our population in a pandemic.  Our technologies have increased infertility rates in our species so in that way we are paying our own tax.  Covid 19 hasn't even killed 1% of our population and people are going crazy. This virus is meant to upgrade our DNA but we treat it like a threat just like everything else.  

Animals in nature take only what they need but we are the only ones that feel like we deserve more and more.  Greed was a necessary aspect of our evolution but I think it's time we need to abandon greed and transcend to compassion and harmony.