axiom

Could you burn yourself alive?

48 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Because there is just something off about it. It almost has a sinister vibe to it 

Does this look god-like to you? 

832787_Wallpaper2.jpg

Interesting. I wasn't aware people feel this way. I never sensed anything sinister about it. Quite the opposite, the idea of transcending pain to such unimaginable levels turns me on actually lol. I assosiate it with absolute trancendence and freedom somehow.

P.S. that photo is a bit ridiculous, haha.

Edited by Salvijus

34 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Thanks for the job you do. I knew a firefighter captain (or was applying to be a captain?), he was the dad of some good friends of mine. Really wonderful and friendly guy. Always remember him doing "emergency driving" in his people carrier for us when we were young.

Anyway, back on topic it should be possible. Theoretically it IS just a reaction of the mind. If someone could turn off senses like hearing or seeing etc, they should be able to turn off feeling too.

There are actually people that can feel no pain..it's a disorder.  But I don't think that's whar is being pointed to here.  Yes senses can be turned off.  But to stop identifying with your small self is much different.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Theoretically it IS just a reaction of the mind

This.

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

that photo is a bit ridiculous, haha.

But the guy is actually on fire 

3 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

But the guy is actually on fire 

Fair enough. Not all people on fire are enlightened then ? 

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Fair enough. Not all people on fire are enlightened then ? 

Looks like he was an activist 

Screenshot_20220216_174429.jpg

Tbh, i don't see much wisdom in burning yourself on fire myself and why would anyone do that lol.

I only find the theoretical idea of transending pain to such limits very entertaining. For example that story of marathon monks running marathons everyday and then sitting 10days straight in samadhi. Idk why but it turns me on and excites me haha.

Edited by Salvijus

I heard ramana maharshi would sit in complete samadhi for 14years unmoving with worms infesting his legs. Now that's exciting stuff. Not the feat itself. But the level of consciouness needed to do that.

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I heard ramana maharshi would sit in complete samadhi for 14years unmoving with worms infesting his legs. Now that's exciting stuff. Not the feat itself. But the level of consciouness needed to do that.

thats all in your imagination as God.  You are imagining Ramana Maharshi right now.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

thats all in your imagination as God.  You are imagining Ramana Maharshi right now.

Lol. Ramana is imagining u actually.

I'm no master of meditation but I have noticed that I am less receptive to noise and touch when deep in the void.

That may be due to the very same reason my vision becoming almost black if I stare on a single object for five/ten minutes, and indeed the calmness of meditation permeates the latter as well.

To be a veteran of the void i think is a difference more quantitative than qualitative, such that what has in all of us the most potential for impression can be the most evaded in him or her.

I had some minor angst a few weeks back, there were no doubt then as there is regarding minor pain in general that my focus on it actually made me suffer less or not at all. With my body burning however I expect no such fortune. 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

18 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Lol. Ramana is imagining u actually.

Lol.  You laugh but I was being dead serious.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Very thorough.

Ramana meditating 14 years straight

Also as much as I like Ramana Maharshi, on a lot of images he doesn't really look happy 

Edited by Jakuchu

I know this doesn't prove anything. I just find this fascinating for me personally. I thought i might share

Seeker: Sadhguru, how come even some Enlightened beings have physical afflictions? Why don’t they cure themselves? For example, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had cancer.

Sadhguru: Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was not interested in all this physical business. He was in the bliss body; simply blissful. The physical body, he was not bothered, mental body, he was not bothered, pranic body, he was not bothered. When a person is like that, the body may rot. He does not care. When Ramana sat for meditation, he just sat for fourteen years and his whole body was full of sores and insect bites. Animals came and bit him and he just sat because he had nothing to do with the body. If it heals, it heals. If it doesn’t heal, it doesn’t heal. He treats the mind and mental body the same way. If cancer comes, he doesn’t care. He doesn’t even feel he has cancer because he feels it is not in him.

Only people on the path of kriya yoga are capable of attending to the body in a scientific way. Others do not pay attention to it. Usually, they are incapable of too much activity. A Ramana or a Ramakrishna would not be able to trek with me to the Himalayas, let alone at my pace. Physically they are very incapable, because they were not bothered about taking care of their bodies. Their growth did not involve building a certain body. So they never attended to those things. They attained through their own intelligence and their own intensity, not following any system. Only people on the path of kriya, the Realized yogis, are physically very fit and their bodies will be properly kept. For them there is no problem. They cross the border and they come back. They smuggle things across (laughs). For them, it’s a daily affair. That’s the difference between a saint and a Guru. Saints somehow cross the border. They are wonderful people. They will bless you and their blessings are good to receive.

Edited by Salvijus

@Raptorsin7 yes. That's the whole point. That's why people worship them as enlightened beings. That's what full enlightenment looks like. Not eating potato chips releasing tension. Talking nondual phylosophy.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Is that what you're going to do? Sit in lotus position until your legs get infested with worms?

Okay you answered it with the edit. I didn't know that's how Kriya yoga is viewed

Edited by Raptorsin7