Leo Gura

More Stringent Enforcement Is Coming

68 posts in this topic

The way this forum is run by you is a art in itself. There is a lot one can learn from observing your actions.

Like this:

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a reason tyrannies exist. They are suitable when people refuse to behave.

I try not to go overboard with it. Power is always corrupting to those who wield it.

I mean everyone knows kind of that's the point of a tyranny, but it's interesting to be in the midst of chaos instead observing passively.

People used to be more conscious and intelligent here when their reputation was at stake with the rank mode thing. It was better that way. Even enligthened gurus still have to respect status and survival to be in society. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

I have one suggestion.  Don’t allow anyone the privilege to start their own thread until they have 100 posts.  The more pointless threads with silly questions tend to be started by new posters.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

11 minutes ago, John Paul said:

How are you going to ban people who aren't posting productively when you have teenage fans lol

It’s called spiritual selection. It’s like natural selection but with spiritual folk. If you don’t post productively, then what are you doing here but wasting yours and everyone’s time? Cheers.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

The only problem I have with the forum in general is the politics section. I think it's mostly useless and most people involved in it aren't trying to improve or benefit or anything, just debating community-inherited ideologies. Basically, it's a poor environment for improvement because of the way we treat politics.

Otherwise, I think the forum is great the way it is. However, I think enforcing the rules more strictly will create stress which can be counterproductive. But it might be worth trying.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I really like the sound of this. Respect for taking this step, Leo.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Also, people need to watch the, 'start here' videos.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I guess I am fine with it, I'll have to see how it plays out...
I guess, I'm a bit confused as to what brought all this on, it seemed like the forum was doing fine - but maybe I just wasn't paying attention; I've been actively working on myself, and it felt to me like the forum was doing this as well.

@Leo Gura I think you should use your blog more to communicate the higher consciousness teachings. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, Loba said:

I guess, I'm a bit confused as to what brought all this on, it seemed like the forum was doing fine - but maybe I just wasn't paying attention; I've been actively working on myself, and it felt to me like the forum was doing this as well.

You'll have to be careful with posting on the forum. Take the bait. (it won't play out well) 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I don't have too much to worry about, I keep to myself and I don't have a whole lot of warning points.

23 hours ago, Tim R said:

Most people have ZERO warning points

They don't disagree or argue against the mainstream ideas here.

How is this? Is it because the mods and Leo are tyrannical dictators who will warn and ban anyone who dares to speak up? 

Sometimes that is the case.

Or is it, perhaps, that these people simply don't know how to conduct themselves and are too immature to recognize when they do so?

Sometimes that is the case, too.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

9 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Sometimes that is the case.

Yeah, happened to me too:(

That's the reason why I have 17 warning points:(((

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

51 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

This really hit me for some reason. I'm sorry about that, I hope you can stick around and get more value from the forum.

Edited by EternalForest

23 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

This really hit me for some reason. I'm sorry about that, I hope you can stick around and get more value from the forum.

Yeah its sad:( thanks for your encouragement

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

3 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

haha^^

since the anouncement people seem to be even worse. Maybe to check out what will happen?

So my thoughts on  your stringent enforcement —

The very first policy of your forum should be "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS" if you Leo wants to create peace here. A policy that nobody follows because people here are too keen on minding other's business rather their own. 

Some users use this platform to boast how much they know better than others. How superior they're with their extra long posts. Although their posts are useful, their behavior is not. They tell other users what to do and what not to do -— a power tactic. They try to restrict other user's growth, its like flexing muscles to other users. One user in one thread even pointed this out "that this forum is more competitive rather than collaborative." I would like to see more unity here. So users who constantly critique a single user or other users are looking for a power boost or ego boost. This needs to be checked. For a long time I had this problem with the forum that members did not mind their own business. They are more interested in other's growth or lack of it, instead of focusing on their own. These users are looking for some target to leech off of so that they can feel better about themselves at other's expense. It would be nice if everyone minded their own business instead of constantly looking into other's business? You can say that this is a "public" forum but still people shouldn't use a public space to impose their power on others or sabotage someone individually or collectively. This very much reminds me of the reputation point system you had on this forum many years ago . It lead to a lot of discrimination and some users being more popular than others, an unnecessary power differential, some users getting huge reputation points from their own friends leading to a "mini cult" feeling around such users. Even if you removed that system, what users are trying to do now is an indirect form of boosting each other's ego at the cost of sabotaging other's growth via constant unnecessary critique. 

Criticising a user if they're using vulgar or bad language on the forum is completely fine. But criticising a user to flex your intellectual muscles or show authority is not fine. I think this forum needs a "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS" policy in big letters so people can work on themselves in peace without being trampled on(sabotaged) by such power wielding ego boasting authoritarian users who are overly concerned about the forum rather than their own growth. A lot of chaos can be reduced if everyone minds their own business instead of constantly critiquing what others are doing with their time. Why not focus on what you want to do with your time? If someone is distracting you, then use IGNORE. Why not? If a certain user or their posts/threads are a waste of time, then why not simply ignore their posts and move on to other posts? Is that difficult? Why is the ignore option given on this website if people don't want to use it? Don't like a certain user then why not ignore the user (instead of constantly going after them to flex their own muscles)? 

If everyone worked on themselves without minding too much about what someone else is doing with their time here, I think there will be a lot more peace and unity on this forum. We don't need aggressive authoritarian policing kind of users. They can go to other sites to show their power. 

My main point is that there should be unity on this forum. You need to keep quality here, I understand. But with quality you also need to have unity here along with every individual getting their own chance of growth independent of criticism from other users. Let's not create a closed cult. Every member is equally important, no is less or more. Having followers and having people say "you are the most intelligent user here, you are the most that here" or complaining comments like "this user is this" and "this user that" create discord and disharmony and make a user feel unwanted undesired or left out of the community. We don't have to create a "league" here. We're here to create a community. A supportive community that supports and helps. Not a community of competitive users who finger point other vulnerable users and say -"this particular user is a problem" and complain non stop about that person. This kind of complaining can come out of personal bias or personal vendetta and less to do with wanting good forum quality. I think such complaining users need to be told to keep unity on the forum and not make it too strict or competitive for their own egoic reasons. They are attempting to hijack power and I think such users should find better things to do than come here to trouble other users with useless complaints. You know that creates a feeling that people are playing politics here against each other. And such social politics involves obvious discrimination and bias. A member should not get warning points just because a user or a group of users have a bias against them. Not fair for the targeted user. 

My point is keep it fair and keep it as neutral as possible. If someone has a problem with another user here, their problem should be a valid issue for example like a personal attack. If that user wasn't personally attacking, then why unnecessarily complain about them and make them into a hot target for everyone to chime in with the attack. This serves no good purpose other than "power show" and "ego boast." 

I will call such users "aggressive" because all they do is flex muscles. "I'm better than you" behavior and a strict forum becomes a perfect playground for their egos to play "police" 

Let mods be the police not users. And even with mods there is possibility of vendetta and biases. Even if they consult you for a ban, mods still have the power to give constant warnings that can reach up to 20 to make a user leave. This will be mod abuse of power. 

You have to take into consideration that a lot of people want to be mods just to flex power, rather than helping they want to hurt specific users out of general dislike or bias. 

My point is people come here for their own growth and not to be controlled, dominated or sabotaged by power hungry users. 

If everyone leaves each other alone, there can be a lot more peace. 

Leo, all I'm asking from you is to enforce this 

-peace on the forum

- unity on the forum

- equality on the forum 

- minimal bias 

- less interference from other users 

- less competition and more collaboration 

- minimal hostility 

- more love and support for another 

- clamp down on overly critical behavior and power hungry nonsense 

- disagreememts but respectful non invasive disagreememts 

- less vulgar language and more respect and politeness 

- less trolling 

- less sabotaging, more supporting 

- less ego boasting. And less spiritual dick measuring contest 

-more openness and open mindedness and space and respect for every perspective 

- less personal attacks and personal intrusions and more "mind your own business" 

Edited by Preety_India

17 hours ago, Loba said:

That's awesome. I thought the same actually. 

@Preety_India It will keep trolls from sticking around for a long, long time like they often get the chance to do, and for regs - it takes like 20 points before you're kicked.  Basically, you would just have to keep causing problems time and time again before you are, and they give warnings first.  It is pretty easy not to get banned on this forum.  I think it will be okay; I would just suggest for Leo to focus on obvious trolls and for regs to check and see if they are here seriously or not.  I'm a "serious" spiritual seeker, so this is the right environment for me, and I am growing so I don't suspect there will be problems in the future at least from my end.