Leo Gura

More Stringent Enforcement Is Coming

68 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I think you have a great opportunity here to show otherwise and how deeper levels of conscience bring up different solutions to unruliness. 

High conscious leadership does not work unless the people are also high consciousness. Which means they need to be doing the inner work.

There are fairytales and cute stories in spiritual circles about how high consciousness will heal the devils and save the world. No! Those leaders are simply killed. Reality is brutal. It does not work according to hippie ideals. Leading devils to God is much harder than it seems. Most devils would rather attack the messenger than surrender their devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Leading devils to God is much harder than it seems.

clever devil

7 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

clever devil

Yes you are

@Leo Gura I appreciate this.

I’ll improve as well. 

(do your own research as to know if this is a Lao tzu quote)

2BCA4B79-3F38-4B52-A85B-96EEFF39FEE2.png

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

But why do you care so much ? This was allways work for the 0.01% , of course the whole world is not going to awake,and that is OK.

just chill out, be present and enjoy the forum.

Admittedly I have fallen into this trap of low quality posting myself a lot as of late.

I've gone from no warning points since 2016, to getting warned twice within the past couple of months.

Part of it was that I expanded out from answering questions in the Life Purpose / Entrepreneurship section almost exclusively, to reading and replying to all areas of the forum. I've also been posting a lot more, I've  made probably 30% to 40% of all my posts from the past 7 years in only the last couple of months.

I also switched from lengthy, well thought-out answers that I spent 30+ minutes writing to short poignant/quippy answers, only a sentence or two long. If I'm honest, this was an attempt to emulate how I was seeing Leo post on the forum. People dont read giant walls of text even if they're helpful, so I tried breaking through to people with just a paragraph at most, Twitter-style, like he was. So I'm glad he's setting a higher standard for himself and will set an example as well.

Posting in the Politics section especially seems to only get me into trouble and rile me up and create conflict. I'm gonna make a strong effort to hide my power level and just go back to offering people useful Life Purpose / business advice.

@Yarco

13 minutes ago, Yarco said:

People dont read giant walls of text even if they're helpful...

Actualy i often DO read giant walls of text, helpful or not...

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

or even just repeatedly asking stupid questions will be banned.

Hypothetically, what does this mean? Like I have been on this forum for about 3 months and many of my questions has been really stupid, but they have led me to a better understanding of this work today. Do you mean repeatedly asking the same stupid questions or just if someone asks general stupid questions? Because I am definitely asking stupid questions, stemming from a deep inseurity about whether I am correct or incorrect (coming from a lot of failures).

I think this is good, I have posted without much thought a bit too much and posting more thought out and responsible questions/answers is something I think will benefit everyone

50 minutes ago, Yarco said:

I also switched from lengthy, well thought-out answers that I spent 30+ minutes writing to short poignant/quippy answers, only a sentence or two long. 

Breaking lengthy posts in to reasonably sized paragraphs with line breaks in between is good etiquette in an online forum IMHO.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

12 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

Hypothetically, what does this mean?

That cannot be explicated.

13 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Breaking lengthy posts in to reasonably sized paragraphs with line breaks in between is good etiquette in an online forum IMHO.

Yes, this is probably the biggest reason I rarely read any thread/post holistically. Too many just tell their whole lifes story in each comment

34 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

Hypothetically, what does this mean?

I would say it's asking questions one probably already knows the answer to, if they just tried to do it themselves.

Instead people asking stupid questions don't attempt that first, they are lazy and basically looking for someone to tell them what to think.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Post intelligently is a good way to put it. There are online forum's etiquette, the internet wasn't invented last month, most people who have been in any online forum know this, and can recognize instantly when a low-effort vs. high-effort post is posted. 

For example, it's universal that seeing PM messages is something Mods can see, it's normal that there are guide lines and rules and criteria, check communities on reddit if you need a reference. 

I guess people here are not serious or maybe they haven't had any experience in online forums, and that's fine, but I guess maybe even a better way to motivate good posts is some reward points or monthly Best post? possibly even a written guide of how to post a good topic/post with actual examples? these things also exist elsewhere online, and this would be my suggestion to Mods here and Leo. 

@Leo Gura hey, see u r having  a tough day with ur fan base...XD

but, i wish u consider my humble suggestion as well .

myself included, I see a lot of older topics being repeated here by newbies or those who come fresh into the forum. so, can we have mega-threads or something like that to those FAQs?  most folks don't use the search function as I see and repeat the age old questions that has already been thoroughly discussed. it would have been great if we had dedicated threads to them and build upon them ... but , the downside might be that most aren't willing to read entire discussions before posting and expect easy answers. anyways, can we pin those to the top or something like that?

I dunno, this is just a random thought that popped in me and pls  ignore it if it is useless..

I very much respect ur administration of this forum and IK there's a lot of chaos sometimes.

thank u for everything!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

Admittedly I have fallen into this trap of low quality posting myself a lot as of late.

I've gone from no warning points since 2016, to getting warned twice within the past couple of months.

Part of it was that I expanded out from answering questions in the Life Purpose / Entrepreneurship section almost exclusively, to reading and replying to all areas of the forum. I've also been posting a lot more, I've  made probably 30% to 40% of all my posts from the past 7 years in only the last couple of months.

I also switched from lengthy, well thought-out answers that I spent 30+ minutes writing to short poignant/quippy answers, only a sentence or two long. If I'm honest, this was an attempt to emulate how I was seeing Leo post on the forum. People dont read giant walls of text even if they're helpful, so I tried breaking through to people with just a paragraph at most, Twitter-style, like he was. So I'm glad he's setting a higher standard for himself and will set an example as well.

Posting in the Politics section especially seems to only get me into trouble and rile me up and create conflict. I'm gonna make a strong effort to hide my power level and just go back to offering people useful Life Purpose / business advice.

ofc, u r one of the most intelligent folks out here! wish u were a mod!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I want people feeling somewhat like they have to walk on eggshells here. This place has been too much of a free-for-all playground for too long.

Notice that some users have been here for years and have zero warning points. How come they can do it but you can't? What are they doing that you're not? In general, think twice before you post something. Sometimes it's better to just be silent rather than spouting off.

Find ways to communicate that don't create a trail of drama and chaos.

Uhmmm this made me think

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

1 hour ago, Yoremo said:

Hypothetically, what does this mean? Like I have been on this forum for about 3 months and many of my questions has been really stupid, but they have led me to a better understanding of this work today. Do you mean repeatedly asking the same stupid questions or just if someone asks general stupid questions?

One example that comes to mind... I've seen several posts recently like "What is ________" that could've been a Google search.

Generally if someone is asking for a definition or fact that you could look up on Wikipedia, I don't think that's a good use of anyone's time. I think posts should seek opinions/input or spark conversation at minimum.

17 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Uhmmm this made me think

You are doing great, sweetie