supremeyingyang

Who can help me with Egypt?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I decided to go on a vacation to Egypt, the first in years and the first to Africa. I didn't traveled very much and all vacations I had where like reading a bunch of books in Denmark or Bavaria. Time to make a new experience! Can you help me? A lot of nice hotels seem to be on the red sea coast, but isn't that all-inclusive stuff too dull, basically just mindless tourist junk? I decide on a place at the end of the week and research everywhere. Maybe someone here is knowledgeable and willing to share some insights ;)

To those who been there (or even live there!) :

- What should I visit or experience aside from the stereotypical pyramids of Gizeh and Sphynx?

- What should I eat (as a vegetarian) ?

- What should I be aware of?

I want to go to a Basar, but aside from that I'm so clueless. To be honest I'm more a cold climate lover, so that will be new for me (I have to try everything to not get burned as I'm pale as fuck lol)

I want mainly chill, but also explore a little, learn bits of the language and culture.  I'm just there for 10 days, so two or three things are probably enough.

Edited by supremeyingyang

Go on Reddit, “r/Egypt” They will take good care of you there and give you in depth details about everything you need to know. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

7 hours ago, Focus said:

Go on Reddit, “r/Egypt” They will take good care of you there and give you in depth details about everything you need to know. 

good idea

I went to Egypt with my parents as a kid. We went to book camel/horse rides around the pyramids and they locked us in a back room and wouldn't let us leave until we paid for them. Don't ever follow merchants of any kind into back rooms or places where they can prevent your escape. Probably good tourism advice in general

Other than that, we had an absolutely lovely time and all the people were great :D

i went to Luxor temples a few yrs ago recommend 10 of 10

nice place to visit, valley of kings etc.

also snorkelling in the red sea is always fun

in Cairo the museum is amazings, probably my favourite museum that i've ever seen