Leo Gura

Taking Down Solipsism Video

313 posts in this topic

Just now, Adamq8 said:

Some say that fear of God is the beginning of wisdom .

The fear of anything needs to be seriously investigated. It could be another rabbit hole. 

What starts with fear, ends with disaster. Ask jihadi John. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

A youtube video has been put down???

OMG my life is ruined...! how in the world are we going to understand solipsism now???

Please, Leo, mercy.. mercy! We will pay you 200 bucks each just put it back up Leo please!!

?

LOL!

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Why did Leo take down the video?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

6 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Why did Leo take down the video?

There's 2 reasons in the OP

@How to be wise

14 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

We don't know what the f**k even happened. We can speculate but we don't know. Maybe it wasn't the comments. Maybe someone PMed him with suicide threats or death threats or some shit. Or a lotta stupid questions :D

11 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

Why take it down if there’s nobody real to experience it anyway? Leo doesn’t really believe in solipsism 

This

but at the same time… this whole situation leaves me with a bag of possibilities. 

Yet I watched the video so idk maybe it was meant that way 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Dang it. I only watched half of the video before I had to go to sleep for the night.

Oh well, at the very least I'm still not in the point of my journey where Solipsism is anywhere near my top priority yet.
And there is solace in knowing @Leo Gura himself took it down and not some copyright crap.

I know there are shallower yet still important subjects he hasn't talked about yet.

Like Pragmatism in Science, How to Educate Yourself, and How to Win Friends and Influence Pe. . . haha no jk.

I don't really see how talking about solipsism is more radical than "you are God" tbh, but it's Leo's channel and he obviously has the right to take down any videos he isn't satisfied with. Though of course removing it will have the side effect of... well threads like this existing I guess.

Needless drama. You can't remove things from the internet easily.

4 hours ago, Batman said:

If you haven't awakened to the truth in the video, you don't want to watch the video. If you have awakened to it, it doesn't matter if you watch it or not. The video is entertainment for the awakened

?

If you're seeking awakening, Leo's forum posts about solipsism are enough to point you in the right direction.  He did say in the video that if he knew Awakening and Oneness was pointing to Solipsism it would've saved him years of work.  So there you go.  Years saved!!

Youtube comments were actually pretty positive, from what I saw.  But, I understand why he took the video down.

For anyone who’s feeling distressed about solipsism, the tips in Understanding & Coping With Nihilism could apply to your situation.  Summary is here.  You should watch the whole episode, but the part on “Practical Tips for Dealing with Nihilism” shows up at 1:45:19

Remember, if something Leo says isn’t backed up by your own personal experience, then it’s not true.  Also, if you don’t have a strong handle on your survival needs and life purpose, awakening might not be a good goal for you right now.  The skills you need to tackle survival are the same skills you need to become accident-prone to experiencing enlightenment.  So, both goals are along the same skill tree.

Another good clip:  How To Know If You're Ready For Real Spirituality

48 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Guys calm down please, I'll make a video on solipsism just for you guys, stay tuned. Just pay me 10$ and i'll do it.

Outrageous!!!  $9.99 and not a cent more.  That's in Canadian dollars, no fancy US greenbacks xD

Edited by FlyingLotus

Don't forget - "The antidote to your problem is more strength, more courage, more fearlessness... more integrity. Having the courage to stick through and honor your own values" -Leo Gura

@FlyingLotus

10 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

?

If you're seeking awakening, Leo's forum posts about solipsism are enough to point you in the right direction.  He did say in the video that if he knew Awakening and Oneness was pointing to Solipsism it would've saved him years of work.  So there you go.  Years saved!!

Youtube comments were actually pretty positive, from what I saw.  But, I understand why he took the video down.

For anyone who’s feeling distressed about solipsism, the tips in Understanding & Coping With Nihilism could apply to your situation.  Summary is here.  You should watch the whole episode, but the part on “Practical Tips for Dealing with Nihilism” shows up at 1:45:19

Remember, if something Leo says isn’t backed up by your own personal experience, then it’s not true.  Also, if you don’t have a strong handle on your survival needs and life purpose, awakening might not be a good goal for you right now.  The skills you need to tackle survival are the same skills you need to become accident-prone to experiencing enlightenment.  So, both goals are along the same skill tree.

Another good clip:  How To Know If You're Ready For Real Spirituality

This right here. If it's not in your direct experience, it's not true. That in itself is profound.

Direct experience is god.

Edited by Danioover9000