Leo Gura

Taking Down Solipsism Video

313 posts in this topic

Just now, NeonLayf said:

I was one hour into the video when it was deleted.

If solipsism is true, maybe I really wasn't ready for this truth - therefore I imagined Leo taking down the video so I can continue dreaming...

I thought the same thing lol….. or did I? 

24 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I've done more than enough.

Solipsism where every experience is had by you, is not equivalent to NPC theories. This is the only thing that matters when discussing solipsism, and it was not addressed. Or it was hinting at NPC theories.

There is not any sound reasoning to believe in NPC type solipsism at all. This is not the same as your girlfriend being made of nothingness, this is not the same as your girlfriend's thoughts being had by you...

That’s literally what Leo was describing. Basically everybody you know are NPCs in a video game 

29 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I've done more than enough.

Solipsism where every experience is had by you, is not equivalent to NPC theories. This is the only thing that matters when discussing solipsism, and it was not addressed. Or it was hinting at NPC theories.

There is not any sound reasoning to believe in NPC type solipsism at all. This is not the same as your girlfriend being made of nothingness, this is not the same as your girlfriend's thoughts being had by you...

believe your line of thinking here is quite interesting. Of course it seems ridiculous that nothing outside you would truly exist (and that therefore anything that does exist would be part of you), but then you basically quint like the guy in an action movie and say "that's just what I want me to think!" I find this line of thought interesting because it opens up the question of the psychology of God. The way I'm hearing you, and something I think about too, is that God would get bored, or worse, incredibly anxious about just constantly existing and not being able to stop. So therefore, God would want to come up with some semblance of difference in order to have some form of escapism, ecstasy- instead of just sitting around in perfect timelessness all the time.

As for whether you would know better, my thoughts on solipsism focus on the paradox of absolute unity. For example, our idea of language only makes sense when I am here talking to you, and every word means something different. But if "I" am the only thing, then there are no different words, different people, or different things- only me. Anything in particular that we would say exists really doesn't, since it isn't really what we normally think of it as being. Therefore you could as easily say that I (God) am nothing as that I am everything, since nothing that we typically think exists really exists as we think it does (as a discrete object).

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have decided to take down my latest Solipsism video because people are not mature enough to handle it.

Don't ask me questions about solipsism any more. I will not be teaching it because people cannot handle it. I will no longer publicly teach my deepest awakenings.

If you want the highest truth, you will have to discover it on your own, not via my explanations.

I dont get it. 

If there is one person that is known for sharing uncomfortably radical, paradigm-shattering truths with his audience, then it's you Leo. This is not the first time where one of your videos would trigger a strong emotional response from the greater community. I thought this is what your content is all about. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Just now, Blackhawk said:

I will of course unsubscribe if it wont get re-uploaded.

nobody will notice

1 minute ago, Jakuchu said:

nobody will notice

Yeah like "no one wont notice" when you vote in elections in a democracy.

Edited by Blackhawk

The idea of people is an object of reason, the idea that there can be something conscious in the objects of your reason which non the less is beyond the trajectory of your mind is speculation.

It can not be proven, even if science could make the perfect case for your mind being affected by stimuli ALONE on the brain it would at no point prove the existence of the irreducible premise that is consciousness.

Yet all such objects of reason occurs in consciousness, that is your consciousness. It is yet a leap of speculation that there is no such thing like your mind beside your mind, the question itself however, on whether there is has no meaning other than to play on your imagination.

You can have an intuition on the matter, but the very nature of intuitions will exclude the possibility of the object within that intuition being true, or known rather.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

When the student is not ready, the teacher will disappear

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Somehow I managed to see the whole thing minus the last minute cuz I was workin,

It didn’t satisfy me. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

That’s literally what Leo was describing. Basically everybody you know are NPCs in a video game 

The thing is, if that is what he thinks then you have direct evidence that he has gone crazy, of course, as you are aware.

I noticed in his video he maybe was using time in an odd way, and just a few things that he said made it unclear. Which sucked because I wanted his clear opinion on whether he believes in NPCs or merely every experience being had by the same nobody.

When he said for example, that others are not seeing simultaneously to you. Well, simultaneous kind of works within the confines of time. As we actually experience time, we only experience "now", and in our experience, that "now" moment changes in content.

If you were at the beach a week ago, that experience is being had "now" just like whatever content has filled that space. If you had no memory of that event, and no ego, that experience could as well be ascribed to another individual. There is no difference between an experience you had but don't remember, and another person's experience in this moment... As it is all "now" and simultaneous as such. It is the apparent passage of time that spreads it out like the pages of a flickbook when the entire flickbook exists as a single unit, already whole and complete.

In terms of NPCs, when you look at a person, everything about them is a construction of mind, their appearance is a hallucination, etc etc. Their true "appearance" is nothingness. As there is not really anything "out there". Also true when you see your own face in a mirror. The person in the mirror does not have experience from the side of the mirror, no image has experience and all people including your own reflection are images. All experience takes place in the same HERE and NOW. Literally the "perspective" from which you view everything is the same precise location from which the images of other people standing in front of you also see the world from... But to confine it to one ego etc, it is very peculiar.

It's more like all people are you experiencing the world (also you - nothingness) via different masks and egos built upon a story of memories. You are experiencing me typing this in the same way you experienced an event you remember from last week. It is all now, all simultaneous.

Edited by RMQualtrough

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Somehow I managed to see the whole thing minus the last minute cuz I was workin,

It didn’t satisfy me. 

You missed the best part, where Leo wished this type of video would have been available at the beginning of his journey, to save himself some time and confusion... xD

Maybe he'll read this comment and reconsider making it available again.

Edit: and just before that, he says his teachings will become more radical and less compromising... And if we don't keep up he's going to 'leave us in the dust'... 

Edited by Chris365

1 minute ago, Mosess said:

There is no video, you are being gaslit. 

@Mosess No, there was in fact a video, but it's been made private now.

I personally think there's some kind of flaw in Leo's understanding of solipsm. It's based on truth and there're elements of truth to it. But there's something that smells like fish also. The spreading of that disharmonious smell is what caused a backlash of suffering and pain probably so he had to remove it. (I could be projecting here)

When truth is shared, it doesn't smell like fish it smells like pure love and harmony.  When rupert spira speaks about solipsm it has a certain truth vibration of harmony to it. When false teachings are shared, escpesially on a large scale, the natural consiquence is that of pain and suffering. (According to buddha) but also it makes sense.

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

I personally think there's some kind of flaw in Leo's understanding of solipsm. It's based on truth and there're elements of truth to it. But there something that smell like fish also. That fishy smell is what caused the suffering and pain probably so he had to remove it. (Could be projecting here)

What does he expect the reaction to be, when you're telling people their whole lives are a dream and everyone they know is just zombie in their dream in the most obnoxious way possible?

55 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Lol. ? they should remove some of those points from you if you behave good for a period of time imo

@Salvijus great idea:))

@Leo Gura this guy should become an admin!!

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

8 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

What does he expect the reaction to be, when you're telling people their whole lives are a dream and everyone they know is just zombie in their dream in the most obnoxious way possible?

Well it doesn't trigger me at all when a sage says it or rupert spira says it.

But when leo says is, it's like pure pain in my system that I have to meditate to rebalance myself. So imagine if he just caused that pain to 1000s of people online. All that pain probably boomeranged back at him by the laws of karma.

Im just guessing and perhaps projecting here but i think there was an upheaval of pain in leo when he released that video that's why he removed it. Otherwise he would play his usual card "I only speak the truth, whether you like it or not is not my problem"

Edited by Salvijus

I am honestly really bummed.  This was the one video I was really looking forward to.  I wish people could take a quiz or something and those who pass it could watch it or something like that lol.  I guess I am just gonna have to stop imagining that there ever was a solipsism video.  Leo, please consider uploading it in the future.  If you feel like it is too big for us to handle, can you give us a quiz, have a paywall, or build us up to it?  

Don't let the children derail your work.  Some of us here are adults who are ready for Truth.  Let the spiritual selection take its course for those who don't want Truth.  @Leo Gura

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

8 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

You've misunderstood