Leo Gura

Taking Down Solipsism Video

313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I have decided to take down my latest Solipsism video because people are not mature enough to handle it.

Don't ask me questions about solipsism any more. I will not be teaching it because people cannot handle it. I will no longer publicly teach my deepest awakenings.

If you want the highest truth, you will have to discover it on your own, not via my explanations.

@Leo Gura

I only understand the last paragraph.

But the first two dont make sense.

I think there's a higher reason for it.

Wait, what? What video?

Every Sunday I go to the YouTube channel to see new videos, and didn’t see anything.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want the highest truth, you will have to discover it on your own, not via my explanations.

I agree with this, drop all your philosophies and experience for yourself, as Sadghuru has taught.

I found this funny video on Solipsism, which I found funny:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

5 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

This dream is one of materialism, it functions precisely as such. Materialism only fails when trying to propose an external world or that materialism creates consciousness itself. However the brain is absolutely and certainly attached to certain happenings like memory and ego. Altering the brain can destroy those things, that is why we take drugs which alter the functioning of the brain.

Not ready for solipsism video - confirmed O.o

Guess you didn't get the memo - or didn't perform sufficient deconstruction - yes, on some level (materialistic) brain, memory, ego, drugs etc are connected.

On another level, all of the above are simply consciousness interacting with consciousness and the materialistic explanation is not satisfactory.

Maybe it'll help there to contemplate the nature of consciousness, the 5 senses (+ thought) and how consciousness is Nothing -> and make it your direct moment to moment experience. It would be easier then to not fall back into thought stories about materialistic explanations. 

But what about all the poeple that CAN handle your teachings, Leo? Or at least not get too defensive when you share them.
I think you expected some ego backlash from the ones who actually benefit from absorbing your teachings with an open mind, so here i am:D

@Leo Gura Just one more thing than I'll let it go.

I always admired you for your courage and unwavering determination (among many other qualities). So when you say something like this:

"Don't ask me questions about solipsism any more. I will not be teaching it because people cannot handle it. I will no longer publicly teach my deepest awakenings."

It breaks my heart. And it feels like treason.

Edited by Juliano Zn

just want to add, that though solipsism and radical skepticism are logically difficult if not impossible to refute, I myself am not willing to test whether they are practical. I'll eat my breakfast and assume that my friends and family exist outside my imagination. Until I can alter the laws of physics, and prove that I am the source if reality, I will make the intuitive presumptions that we all make every day we wake up.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

That it seems to be a big deal just makes me want to see it even more. I'm ready to get my reality shattered.

1 minute ago, Gregory1 said:

UNSUBSCRIBED!!!

Banned!

1 minute ago, Gregory1 said:

just joking, please guys don't take me so seriously.

Banned again! this is serious work, don't make a mockery of it!

:P

Just now, Chris365 said:

Not ready for solipsism video - confirmed O.o

Guess you didn't get the memo - or didn't perform sufficient deconstruction - yes, on some level (materialistic) brain, memory, ego, drugs etc are connected.

On another level, all of the above are simply consciousness interacting with consciousness and the materialistic explanation is not satisfactory.

Maybe it'll help there to contemplate the nature of consciousness, the 5 senses (+ thought) and how consciousness is Nothing -> and make it your direct moment to moment experience. It would be easier then to not fall back into thought stories about materialistic explanations. 

I've done more than enough.

Solipsism where every experience is had by you, is not equivalent to NPC theories. This is the only thing that matters when discussing solipsism, and it was not addressed. Or it was hinting at NPC theories.

There is not any sound reasoning to believe in NPC type solipsism at all. This is not the same as your girlfriend being made of nothingness, this is not the same as your girlfriend's thoughts being had by you...

Lol. What is the big fuss all abou? Even I want to see that video now to see what leo sayed to invoke such reaction. 

Did the audience go mad or smth? I wonder what happened lol.

9 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

just joking, please guys don't take me so seriously.

Lol. ? they should remove some of those points from you if you behave good for a period of time imo. 

Y'all love Rupert Spira's take on this, but essentially he says the same thing as Leo:

You are the screen. None of the characters 'have their own bubble of expreience'. They too, are the screen. There is no 'they' as in 'individal source of consciousness'.

There is only you, you are consicousness. There is only one consciousness, appearing as different beings (including the body/mind you identify as).

So if you choose to identify yourself and others as a character / characters within the dream and then project the finitude of your character onto the appearances, you will get solipsism. There is no finite bubble.

It's an infinite screen: not infinite in space, but infinite in the sense of 'containing space'. Containing everything.

How would you feel if you were suddenly to realize yourself to be the screen? Would you mourn your beloved characters? 

No!! You would realize that they ARE YOU!

The notion of a "bubble" in which you live is deeply misleading. You are not inside the bubble. The bubble is inside you.

Opinion on video: Do the work. Enjoy your life. It doesn’t matter. 

Just focus on truth if it interests you. But, enjoy life.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Leo, just feed us quickly with another video please, and we will be ok))) 

We were waiting for a month for you. 

Edited by Denys

@Tim R I think the difference is that leo is basically making a blockbuster out of these topics, which is riling up immature egos

No offense, but there is a reason that video and this thread is attracting these types of people

Edited by Jakuchu

17 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

But this is exactly what happened to me following the advices here...thank ya for destroying my life by first pulling me in but then not giving further instructions on anything.

I only came here due to drug revelations, it is the sole reason I have any interest in nonduality at all. The trips I had strip ego and do all sorts of bizarre things alien to our daily lives.

I think very mentally unwell people seeking "help" from spirituality will probably just drive themselves into psychosis. As such if you need advice you should probably see a medically trained psychiatrist. I don't believe OCD and schizophrenic people read some "spiritual" stuff and are suddenly well.

The highest I ever got was taking 5 hits of acid and then smoking a breakthrough dose of DMT at the peak. That is when I reached a place where the ego was left behind, and coming back from that were several realizations... E.g. the irony of monks meditating for their entire lives, when all monk-ness to that monk is just part of the separate self, and in actuality that monk is equal to a murderer child rapist junkie, because it is just existence itself and alone. The monk and murderer and all of that, is like a mask on top of pure being that falls away like all things.

That is the type of solipsism I encountered personally.

That is the type of solipsism discussed by figures like Rupert Spira, and ancient mystics. "No others" is not meant to mean that everyone is an NPC but you. That is when the ego, which is of course limited (ALL appearances are finite, infinity = nothingness substantially) attempts to comandeer control of the infinite. Which is impossible because it's like a character on a screen trying to somehow comandeer control of the screen. Appearance trying to somehow become the infinite which is inherently total nothingness, non-appearance. It's just an appearance, zero causative power of any kind!!!!

Edited by RMQualtrough

I was one hour into the video when it was deleted.

If solipsism is true, maybe I really wasn't ready for this truth - therefore I imagined Leo taking down the video so I can continue dreaming...

Just now, NeonLayf said:

I was one hour into the video when it was deleted.

If solipsism is true, maybe I really wasn't ready for this truth - therefore I imagined Leo taking down the video so I can continue dreaming...

Deep