Leo Gura

Taking Down Solipsism Video

313 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

But there are no other people. Fuckin' NPCs...

Exactly. If Leo is actually a solipsist why bother explaining it to people, giving warnings, taking it down etc when other people are just NPCs

3 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:
7 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

But there are no other people. Fuckin' NPCs...

Exactly. If Leo is actually a solipsist why bother explaining it to people, giving warnings, taking it down etc when other people are just NPCs

That's like saying personal journals should not be written because they are written by they person they are for.

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

@Leo Gura Do you think you will ever make a truncated video on solipsism where you just teach people how to handle the consequences of solipsistic thinking like you did with the Nihilism episode?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

2 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Even saying 'other people are just NPCs' is saying too much. "Other people" is a concept You imagine right now.

Even when you see "another body", you conceptualize another person, complete with a back of the body (even though that's not directly experienced), with a mind attached that has its own experience etc.

If I'm true to my direct experience, when I see and hear my girlfriend, it's not actually a "fully built and complete" girlfriend (that's a concept I'm building), it's only a bunch of colors and sounds (and maybe other 3 sense perceptions), that I'm partitioning from Wholeness, and assigning labels to it, and filling in the blanks (e.g. the parts of her body not directly visible)

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't ask me questions about solipsism any more. I will not be teaching it because people cannot handle it. I will no longer publicly teach my deepest awakenings.

If you want the highest truth, you will have to discover it on your own, not via my explanations

Why is it that all of us not get to watch the video only because of a few people misunderstanding it?

It will be a long time before I get access to psychedelics, because of the circumstances I am in.

Till then, your videos were my only source to higher teachings I can trust.?

I will highly appreciate it, if you could let atleast a few people have a limited access.

No more solipsism. I understand the pressure you have to teach this. But please do share your deep awakenings on other aspects.

Plus: Are you sure that even I can experience the same insights as you do if I do 200 trips on psychedelics?

3 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Even saying 'other people are just NPCs' is saying too much. "Other people" is a concept You imagine right now.

Even when you see "another body", you conceptualize another person, complete with a back of the body (even though that's not directly experienced), with a mind attached that has its own experience etc.

If I'm true to my direct experience, when I see and hear my girlfriend, it's not actually a "fully built and complete" girlfriend (that's a concept I'm building), it's only a bunch of colors and sounds (and maybe other 3 sense perceptions), that I'm partitioning from Wholeness, and assigning labels to it, and filling in the blanks (e.g. the parts of her body not directly visible)

If you're true to your direct experience, you have no proof that you didn't just start existing with a bank of false memories.

See the trick that is memory... If somehow you flicked to my body right now to type this, then flicked back to your body reading it, there's nothing but memory that could ever tie together that story, and nothing to "you" but a story built out of memory either. You could experience typing on my screen and the entire backlog of memory, and yet flick back to your body and have no memory or knowledge that it had happened.

Anyone sharing the video will be banned.

Let it go.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Post it on your Patreon. Please, Leo I've been waiting for this video for a long time. Fuck those who don't get it.

Well I’m watching it right now. As it must still be in the loader.

is it down?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Juliano Zn said:

@Leo Gura Post it on your Patreon. Please, Leo I've been waiting for this video for a long time. Fuck those who don't get it.

This is a good idea. I don't even have your patron. But it's fair. 

Why is everyone talking about NPC's? You are unnecessarily scaring yourself by projecting these labels. Has life started warping and twisting since his video? No. Reality has always been like this. No need to flip tables all of a sudden.

The video boils down to this. There is ONE infinite Mind. To entertain itself, it imagines/deludes itself not to be ONE, but instead a multitude of smaller minds, seemingly seperate from eachother. You can become aware of the fact your Mind is doing this if you very deeply investigate your own mind's assumptions.

As there can only be ONE absolute infinity (otherwise it wouldnt be infinity). This infinity is therefore alone, therefore there is nothing OUTSIDE, apart from that Infinity, for if there would be, infinity would include it. It only imagines/deludes itself there are "others" just so that it can enjoy/immerse itself within the dream. What is there else to do?

Out of the all the things that've been covered on Actualized, solipsism is probably on the lower end of inflammatory or controversial topics. To most people it's just philosophy and a thought experiment because they either don't understand it or don't want to. So it's a bit odd that it's been taken down.

However if he is frustrated and doesn't want to talk about it, just let it be.

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 minute ago, RMQualtrough said:

If you're true to your direct experience, you have no proof that you didn't just start existing with a bank of false memories.

See the trick that is memory... If somehow you flicked to my body right now to type this, then flicked back to your body reading it, there's nothing but memory that could ever tie together that story, and nothing to "you" but a story built out of memory either. You could experience typing on my screen and the entire backlog of memory, and yet flick back to your body and have no memory or knowledge that it had happened.

Sure, but how useful is it to contemplate any of the infinity of "what about if..." questions, What if I was a space unicorn then re-incarnated as the current experience of typing on a screen...

Sounds like mental masturbation but hey... you do you ;)

I mean... I'm doing you mental masturbating... No wait that sounds wrong... Well if that's wrong, I don't want to be right...

xD

I’m going to respect Leo and not share. I’m finishing my video.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Well I’m watching it right now. As it must still be in the loader.

is it down?

Yes, do not refresh the page... or you'll lose it

34 minutes ago, Trickyp said:
41 minutes ago, Tim R said:

You are experience and there is none other than you/experience. 

See the problem is this: when you misunderstand who you are, you might start to actually claim expereince to be 'yours'. Which  is basically just a projection of ego onto the world of phenomena. 

When you understand that you don't exist, there is no more solipsism.

Bullshit.

If you say so:D

Just now, Roy said:

Out of the all the things that've been covered on Actualized, solipsism is probably on the lower end of inflammatory or controversial topics. To most people it's just philosophy and a thought experiment because they either don't understand it or don't want to. So it's a bit odd that it's been taken down.

However if he is frustrated and doesn't want to talk about it, just let it be.

Strongly agree. 

Guys, stop clinging to this video, oh my lord... You are acting a lot more religious than spiritual, are you kidding me? What kind of attitude is this? 

Delete the video, refresh the page. It's only you, now you just gotta find out what is really meant by 'you'.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Strongly agree. 

you're strongly underestimating leo's wisdom

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am.