DManKee

In your opinion what leads to a spontaneous awakening?

51 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DManKee said:

Many people including myself have become aware of no self

Actually if you for real understood no self you wouldn't be here to ask any of these questions, because it would be crystal clear for "you". People may have different definitions for awakening, enlightenment, purification etc, but after everything in the moment is connected and there are no thoughts of something living outside of it like "awarness", "perceiver" or "material world" then I would call that pretty much it.

Who told you that "others" are real?

51 minutes ago, DManKee said:

I'm not talking about meditating or taking psychedelics. I'm talking about awakenings such as the one Eckhart Tolle had. What could trigger something like that? Is there any way you could help yourself become more open to such an experience (without meditation)?

Inspect thoughts, exactly like Eckhart did.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Kksd74628 You are right, I'm not enlightened. What I meant was I became aware of how everything that "I" am is a story made up of beliefs. Awareness of ego.

13 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

does that also go for the kardashians or the catholic church etc.? :P

also what i find a bit odd about his story is that he says he didn't have any knowledge of those "concepts" prior to his awaking. (don't quote me on that)

but he went to school in the 70s in england, hippies were widespread, i think he would have heard about some of the concepts (maybe i'm wrong though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle

Ulrich Leonard Tölle

We leave the topic of this thread here, but yes the Kardashians and catholic church deserve every penny they get. Just because we can't appreciate their value, doesn't mean they have none for some. For a fundamental christian the church offers so much value. I'm to lazy to think about a fitting example for the Kardashians, but the structure stays the same.

And Eckhart Tolle has massive value for a conscious developing humanity. 

@Nahm Yes you are right, but maybe Eckhart is a bad example. There are other people who became enlightened by just walking down the street or something. No prior exposure to mysticism, no introspection or anything of the kind. This brings to mind Leo's video on free will. At the highest level everything is god's will. So did god will this experience of sudden realization into being? Why, because god is an infinite artist experiencing his own creation?

Just some thoughts.

1 minute ago, Vynce said:

And Eckhart Tolle has massive value for a conscious developing humanity. 

never said he didn't and i often recommend him. he's probably my favourite of those "spiritual" teachers with his style, stories etc.

got introduced to many of these things by him anyway

still find it fun to poke holes into his origin story

@DManKee

Do you have any control of thoughts or movements of body left? If you have then which is this which has control and when you find that then understand that this is also something that is "perceived" and if you don't find that then stop believing that something has control.

Do you still feel like there is a perceiver left? If yes then know that this feeling is another experience and that there would be something outside of experience is just imagination.

Who told you that "others" are real?

1 hour ago, DManKee said:

I'm not talking about meditating or taking psychedelics. I'm talking about awakenings such as the one Eckhart Tolle had. What could trigger something like that? Is there any way you could help yourself become more open to such an experience (without meditation)?

Love.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

It's a pretty common answer given by many spiritual traditions that whenever someone pops into enlightenment for no reason or is just very gifted at spirituality the explanation is usually given that those beings did their share of spiritual development and work in their previous lives. So they are just continuing from where they left off. At least that's what they say.

The story of how echkart tolle got his name is really cool tho.

Edited by Salvijus

There are things that seem to happen, in some cases, before awakening. Extreme trauma and hopelessness for example. Prayer. Psychedelics. Meditation. These things seem to more commonly "lead to" awakening. But In truth all of these things are just symptomatic. The awakening does not begin at the level of the body or the mind. It begins from the level of pure awareness which is nothing to do with the body, and which "you" have no control over.

If you notice that you are experiencing extreme trauma in your life, or notice that you are taking psychedelics, or notice that you have a strong interest in awakening, then it is possible that you are exhibiting symptoms of awakening. But this does not start at the level of experience.

There is absolutely nothing that you can "do". You are the witness, you are not the "doer" of anything at all.

On another note, Eckhart Tolle was inspired by the 13th / 14th Century Christian mystic Meister Eckhart. 

Apparently.

42 minutes ago, DManKee said:

@Nahm Yes you are right, but maybe Eckhart is a bad example. There are other people who became enlightened by just walking down the street or something. No prior exposure to mysticism, no introspection or anything of the kind. This brings to mind Leo's video on free will. At the highest level everything is god's will. So did god will this experience of sudden realization into being? Why, because god is an infinite artist experiencing his own creation?

Just some thoughts.

I think Leo is wrong about "God's will". "God" is happening. It has infinite presence and infinite unfolding, but not will.

Apparently.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

A complete and total commitment and devotion to purpose and passion.

That's what woke me up.

@ivankiss so you'd consider yourself to be awake?

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

20 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@ivankiss so you'd consider yourself to be awake?

Not as awake as it gets, but yes.

5 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Not as awake as it gets, but yes.

@ivankiss interesting.. Do you know who you truly are ? If answer is yes, tell me - who are you?

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Just now, Gregory1 said:

@ivankiss interesting.. Do you know who you truly are ? If answer is yes, tell me - who are you?

Not a who or a what. Just isness. Being.

However, that doesn't mean much here, does it? Anyone can call themselves God on a forum.

@WelcometoReality Yes, if I remember correctly he realized there was no me that could suffer and this lead to his awakening. Many people including myself have become aware of no self. Actually this is the first thing most people become aware of on their spiritual journeys. But for most this doesn't lead to a full awakening and actually the journey is just beginning. Maybe Eckhart Tolle was just more susceptible.

Yeah, no self is just the beginning. In my opinion it depends how far you want to go. Most people are satisfied with staying in a place before that.

Well not that is ever "full" but I get what you're pointing at.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Not a who or a what. Just isness. Being.

However, that doesn't mean much here, does it? Anyone can call themselves God on a forum.

@ivankiss

Is this an experiencial knowing right now or are you referring to past experiences / memories or concepts to make this statement?

You are Love.

Just now, Gregory1 said:

Is this an experiencial knowing right now or are you referring to past experiences / memories or concepts to make this statement?

I am only ever conscious here and now.

But I do not mind pointing towards 'a past' or 'a future' in order to paint a picture.

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I am only ever conscious here and now.

Anybody could say the same thing and get away with it imo.

@Salvijus Indeed.

22 minutes ago, ivankiss said: