Preety_India

Trucker protests in Ottawa

38 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

where did you hear/see that? if that's true then that's not cool obviously. what i've seen looked mostly peaceful and not "terrorizing"

I work at FedEx in Vancouver and we're having like, apparently, suuuuper low parcel deliveries. I started a few months ago and my manager said something like in his 15 or so years there he hasn't seen anything like it.  My other manager said it was related to the truckers blocking the border.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

8 hours ago, Yarco said:

You need to balance out what the news is telling you, against real first-hand accounts of people on the ground.

Here's a black business owner in Ottawa explaining what he has personally experienced (spoiler, it goes against the mainstream narrative)

But you could also say that you don't know the agenda behind what these two peeps are saying.  They could even be paid, let alone just be supporters of the truckers' cause and thus more likely to misinform (intentionally or unintentionally). 

Not saying that they are or not, I dunno.  I just think taking one video of two people saying "These people are so friendly" is like, not very reliable.  Especially these days.  

It's a big issue this whole information/misinformation, media, thing.  

Edited by Matt23

God damn! I really can't take it anymore with all of these anti-vax and anti-mask mandate protests!

But you could also say that you don't know the agenda behind what these two peeps are saying.  They could even be paid, let alone just be supporters of the truckers' cause and thus more likely to misinform (intentionally or unintentionally). 

Not saying that they are or not, I dunno.  I just think taking one video of two people saying "These people are so friendly" is like, not very reliable.  Especially these days.  

It's a big issue this whole information/misinformation, media, thing.

Then go to the streets yourself and see for yourself. There are probably protests where you are too. 
Also we have this ability to "feel" if someone speaks his own truth. Sure this ability is underdeveloped for most people, because we live in a world where most people don´t really speak from this level. 

Also ask yourself: Who is more likely to be paid/corrupted? Some random dude who says something against division or some politician who´s dividing, insulting and threatening people? Who´s more likely to speak from their heart?

God damn! I really can't take it anymore with all of these anti-vax and anti-mask mandate protests!

Are you truly unable to understand/feel their perspective as one that is necessary in the grand scheme of things?
Or you simply don´t want to feel inside to see what "triggers" you? Shadow? Golden Shadow? 

Maybe try seeing it this way: getting triggered is a good thing, if you can witness it (with your higher self) and feel inside yourself. What is triggered? Why does it trigger you if "other" people fight for their "subjective" freedom? 

Instead of saying: "I really can't take it anymore with all of these anti-vax and anti-mask mandate protests!" -> "I feel like I can´t take it anymore, when I see all those protests" -> this way you take more ownership of you own experience, instead of dumping your own feelings/emotions onto someone else. 

How do you know all those people are anti-vax / anti-mask? Media? Here in germany a good proportion of the people, who are on the street, are vaccinated against COVID and still don´t want there to be mandates. 

just a reminder though this whole thing is basically a bunch of pig shit stupid anti vaxxers blocking traffic. democracy is weird. do we allow the fucktards to have a say too? do we let their stupidity lead the whole herd off the cliff? 

10 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I work at FedEx in Vancouver and we're having like, apparently, suuuuper low parcel deliveries. I started a few months ago and my manager said something like in his 15 or so years there he hasn't seen anything like it.  My other manager said it was related to the truckers blocking the border.

which is fine, that's what a protest is.

people are also often protesting in my city. because of climate change, because of covid, because of politics. etc.

sometimes it's annoying but whatever it's fine.

I live in Canada and have family members living in Ottawa.  Yes, there is good and bad on both sides of the fence.  The Media is sensationalizing everything on both sides to win sympathy and “Power” from the masses to drive their narratives.

The government decided in January 2022 to mandate all truckers be vaccinated to cross the US/Canadian border.  I think what really is pissing some of the drivers off is that for two years they were the backbone keeping the economy running and were considered the silent heroes for putting themselves out there during the worst times of the pandemic by delivering medical goods, food, household essentials to the people.  The Government asked them to continue to work prior to vaccines being developed, and when the vaccine finally came out, they were asked to wait there turn while healthcare workers, the elderly, and immunocompromised people got priority. 

Finally, after two years, and the Pandemic slowly winding down to a somewhat new normal, the Government decided to thank them by telling them that they now must be 100% vaccinated to cross the border, which wasn’t a problem for two years.  I am not saying this is wrong, but I do question the timing and the delivery of the mandate, especially now when many countries are reducing mandates and vaccine passports etc……

As for the truckers, most are good citizens that just want to be heard!  Period!

Yes, they have pushed the limits between a legal protest and an illegal occupation by blocking the boarder crossings, occupying downtown Ottawa and hindering business from operating.  But so has the Government by pushing their ideas and mandates onto the people.   

To add salt to injury, there are individuals and groups that are not part of the trucker movement that are harassing individuals for wear masks in Ottawa and are out to cause shit in public restaurants and stores.

If you really want to see the deeper meaning of this sad situation you must tap into your "Compassionate Self", because that is where most of Truth can be found!

Nothing is black and white!

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas and beliefs……

@Hardkill Vaxxed Canadian here who wears a mask.

It is the media and liberal/NDP government manipulating the public into thinking these protests are coordinated by all antivax and anti mask people.  If you listen/watch what's actually happening from the live feeds and people that organized the protest who post on youtube, you would see that the protest is about anti "mandates" specifically and IMO this is well justified at this point.

Regardless of perspective on the issue of mandates, one thing is abundantly clear and that is media and government manipulation.  I see patients everyday who regurgitate preposterous info about these rallies that was either on CTV or CBC news the night before.  The government has done a fantastic job dividing Canada into a two tier society and is now facing the consequences of doing so.  Its motive was power/control - appealing to the majority of Canadians who have lived in fear the past two years as a result of government/media fear mongering, a rapidly decreasing majority of canadians were happy to give up their right to medical autonomy.  But people are slowly waking up and its happening on a global scale :)

Thanks for bringing up this topic! Great find!

I personally like nowadays to focus on the systems, and sociology behind these sorts of events. That includes the reactions of different outlets, and the government.

For me, they were right to protest purely because they protested. And, Trudeau was right to condemn they because they condemned them. I believe in absolute determinism, aside from random chance.

"Faith begins as an experiment and ends in an experience." - William Ralph Inge

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will rule your life and you will call it fate" - Carl Jung

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do" - Jesus Christ

Why are they protesting? Don't they know that those experimental covid vaccines are here, and forced on them, for their own good? And safe?

And those aphertheid measures, not based on any scientific methods,  have been in place also for their own good?

Just get a jab (and then one more, and then more, and then...) and everything else will come. Not?

Or perhaps they're angry that only vaccinated are allowed to spread virus in public places?

I generally support the right for anyone to protest and I am hearing all sorts of perspectives.  From what it looks like its peaceful and that is the most important thing.  

The best way for us to know the truth is physically going there to see how it's like and talk to the people.  Most of us either don't have the time, patients, money and probably do not care enough to go there.  

What they are doing is illegal. There are also people there that are not only against the vaccine mandate between the USA and Canada; there are protesters waving the natzi swastika flag, which has nothing to do with a vaccine mandate. Those two things put together doesn’t make it a very helpful protest.

The protesters that are there for the Canada-USA vaccine mandate have the right to do so, only if it’s not breaking the law, which they are, therefore listening to their concerns and grievances would not be a democratic process. Also, if they didn’t block the streets, stay for weeks, stop the economy from flowing, and have tried to use guns, which is what they have been doing (all which is not legal protesting), then there would not be as much of a problem.

The protesters that have joined in for other grievances that they have against the government (such as masks and lock downs), are not really doing anything productive because the federal government doesn’t enforce those things. A much better thing for them to do would be to protest that in a legal manner in their own province. Furthermore, some protesters going to Ottawa may risk being linked to dangerous criminal activity, so it’s also not a great idea for them either.

All in all, I strongly disagree with the protest.

52 minutes ago, caelanb said:

What they are doing is illegal. There are also people there that are not only against the vaccine mandate between the USA and Canada; there are protesters waving the natzi swastika flag, which has nothing to do with a vaccine mandate. Those two things put together doesn’t make it a very helpful protest.

The protesters that are there for the Canada-USA vaccine mandate have the right to do so, only if it’s not breaking the law, which they are, therefore listening to their concerns and grievances would not be a democratic process. Also, if they didn’t block the streets, stay for weeks, stop the economy from flowing, and have tried to use guns, which is what they have been doing (all which is not legal protesting), then there would not be as much of a problem.

The protesters that have joined in for other grievances that they have against the government (such as masks and lock downs), are not really doing anything productive because the federal government doesn’t enforce those things. A much better thing for them to do would be to protest that in a legal manner in their own province. Furthermore, some protesters going to Ottawa may risk being linked to dangerous criminal activity, so it’s also not a great idea for them either.

All in all, I strongly disagree with the protest.

What is illegal is subjective. Imagine they would make it legal to kill people? Would you do it because it is legal? 

Or if they would make it illegal to raise your own children. Would you just obey? 

Here in Germany Cannabis is illegal, yet in Berlin nearly everyone smokes weed. 

On 2/13/2022 at 5:45 AM, PurpleTree said:

which is fine, that's what a protest is.

people are also often protesting in my city. because of climate change, because of covid, because of politics. etc.

sometimes it's annoying but whatever it's fine.

I just think it's fucking things up more than it needs to.  

I also think freezing bank accounts will have probably big ramifications socially.  But who knows. We'll see. 

I just hope people can be peaceful and allow each other to be while also being able to be constructive rather than destructive and causing more issues in the long-term and bigger picture.  

Ya, it's hard to know what it's actually like without being there.  Even being there in person would be difficult to know where the truth is.  I probably have my own biases and ill-feelings/thoughts towards more right-wing "freedom" types.  Though, I do understand that desire and feel for them as well... I just hate when people like "disrupt" the flow of the larger picture for some silly (in my mind) reasons and not factual or solid evidence (what I consider that to be anyways: as in, maybe they're more upset and rebelling against simply being 'told what to do' rather than being concerned with possible side-effects from vaccines etc... kinda of dusrupting others/nation... I dunno.  ramble ramble).  

Maybe I have a sort of "Stop disrupting the system. Just do what you're told, shut up, and we have a better odds of combatting this thing if we just hunker down and do it together."  I probably think that's best usually (in multiple situations).  But, not syaing it is literally the best... just a p.o.v. 

Though... I will admit to feeling more ambivalent about this issue than I felt at first.  Like, specifically more about the freezing of bank accounts thing... it's like,,, mmm,,, yaa. lol.  dunno about that.  

Also... it occurred to me the other day how inter-group hate and demonizing occurs.  I noticed I was clumping all anti-vaxx and anti-restriction protesters into one group of right-wing, "backwards", redneck-type, Trump lovers.  And then since that group was formed and generalized (without considering there could be significant degrees of individual differences within the group -- some more peaceful and thought-out while some coming more from a place of hate, reactivity, and victimhood etc..), I could shadow-project all the qualities I dislike and deem "bad" onto that group which I artificially created and generalized.  -- Perhaps similar to what happened with the Jews by the Nazis.  ---- basically:  a bunch of people are clumped into one generalized group and have the same qualities + negative qualities are projected onto that group = group hate.  

I'm also not saying that group shadow projection is the only thing happening.  I think valid criticisms can happen and are seen as well.  Perhaps a marker of shadow projection isn't the specific critiques or reasons being argued, but rather the degree of hate and emotion felt.  So, ya, maybe you think the truckers are causing more issues than solving them.  And maybe you have some very good evidence and reasons to back that up.  But, if you hold those as well as a vehement hatred towards the truckers as well, as opposed to having a more calm demeanor or even healthy aggression or anger, than there's probably a lot of shadow projection going on and misunderstanding influencing those arguments.  

Could also be a scenario of values conflicts.  Group A values Freedom heavily, Group B values unity more heavily... boom... bitterness, anger, hatred, fear, pain, etc...