Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rofl

Shadow Work and Lucid Dreaming

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

for those who have a regular practice of shadow work going: do you involve lucid dreaming in your practice?

I'm especially curious about the possibility of inside-dream mediation as well as a „live Shadow Work“ with dream characters, once lucid.

Is that something you have experience with? I’d be interested to hear your ideas.

Furthermore: in „The Religion of Tomorrow“ Ken Wilber briefly mentions how the content and perspectives of dreams can give hints to one’s present structure-development (correlating with f e the Spiral Dynamics stages). I’m still in the process of reading the book, so maybe he writes more about it later.

Do you know any other sources that help interpreting dreams with regards to the view through which they are perceived?

Thanks, have a good weekend!

I am very experienced on this, i've reach a level where i am able to have a lucid dream almost every time i propose to myself and i used to do shadow work every time i got there.

First of all, you will need to learn how to induce and stabilize lucid dreams with ease, there are a lots of techniques, the most useful for me was the Go back to bed Technique where you set an alarm in the middle of the night then go back to sleep.

Then, for stabilization you will need to create your own technique, in my case i just spawn a sort of a dial in my wrist and adjusted to get "more conscious"  inside the dream.

The next step is to be able to get Total control over your Dream scenery and objects, for spawning People you can turn your back and clap your hands while imagining the person you want to spawn, or spawn them behind a close door.

The same is for spawning objects, you need to find a drawer or a storage of some form and snap your fingers imagining the objects is already there.

So after you learned the basics, Shadow Work can be done with ease, the work is very simple, every time you communicate with someone or something inside your dream you are talking with your subconscious, so you will need to just ask the correct answers like:

"What am i most fearful of?"

"What i need to learn about myself?"

"Is there something very important that i forget?" (The response of this one is very astonishing)

"How can i raise my self steem?"

"How can i get rid of my depression?"

"Show me my traumas", etc.

There are many ways to ask this questions, you can simply talk with the characters on the dreams surroundings or also you can just spawn a telephone and there will be always someone to talk to you on the other side.

The funny thing is that there is some point when you will be receiving stupid answers or no-logic statements, is like the subconscious characters got pissed of by you and start no giving a fuck, but majority of times the answers will be very very useful.

Edited by Alex_R

Another interesting exercise to do:

When you are in the dream you will notice that regardless the scene is not always the same, there is always structured in the same way, so if you are in a building of some form, and there are stairs or and elevator you can go to the deepest levels and notice that when you go down the place starts to get creepier and creepier, there is where your deepest traumas are hidden, its very interesting to do if you want to face all of it one for all.

Edited by Alex_R

5 hours ago, Alex_R said:

Another interesting exercise to do:

When you are in the dream you will notice that regardless the scene is not always the same, there is always structured in the same way, so if you are in a building of some form, and there are stairs or and elevator you can go to the deepest levels and notice that when you go down the place starts to get creepier and creepier, there is where your deepest traumas are hidden, its very interesting to do if you want to face all of it one for all.

@Alex_R i have Lucid dreams sometimes, what was your technique to get those more often?

How long can you stay in LD? For me, it's like a brief moment, when I fly or try to have sex with someone, I get too excited, and the dream runs further without me being lucid.  Does it require just more practice?

As a follow up:

I came across the work of Charlie Morley, who addresses LD and Shadow Work specifically in this book: https://fr1lib.org/book/5442841/91a51a

What I saw from him on youtube he has a green/pluralistic perspective.