Godishere

Ramana Maharshi

90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The more woke you get the more alone you get, until eventually you are so alone reality simple disappears forever into infinite nothingness/oneness.

That last bit is the most terrifying thing you can imagine. Everything simply disppears forever. You end reality.

You fully awaken, but you also realize you killed yourself, the universe, and all other beings. Now you bask in a pure metaphysical infinite love forever. It's a love that has no end, ever. It annihilates you until no memory of yourself remains. You are simulatenously fully awake and dead. You cannot even recall you ever existed as a human. You simply become nothing forever. It's what you imagine death is, but you are 100% conscious. You become so conscious it kills you. And you are so alone that no one and nothing can save you. You've completely lost your mind.

@Leo Gura

see, that's why it doesn't make sense.

You say it's the most  "terrifying thing you can imagine", BUT then you say there's no you to be terrified in the first place.

You don't even have recollection of what you should be afraid, because there's no you!  You just become GOD/conscious/ love. So either there's fear only when you go back from that state, and try to remember it, which would be fear of concept or there's still some ego left which is afraid, therefore you don't fully disappear, and you have never fully awakened.

Edited by Forza21

@Leo Gura If I have and insight (such as no self) on psychedelics, and during my every day life I fully take on the belief that my insight is true, would I be able to re-experience my insight? I'm having trouble differentiating beliefs from insights and their subsequent states of being. Your insight here would be so ridiculously appreciated.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are hallucinating that difference.

Again feels off. See, as far as im concern you're just a part of my dream making statements. And there are many parts of me who make different statements. And some smell like truth and some don't. So from my point of view, it would be wise to chose what eminates truth rather then the opposite.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can dream up a Buddha

Ironically Buddha’s teaching were of anatma- meaning no soul or atma , but people(especially Buddhists) have started calling him a great soul. How mysterious it is .

It's pretty simple. God has no constraints other than itself. To say that there exists "other minds" other than the mind of God is a constraint on God that is not God.

Put in another way: if God's mind is absolutely infinite in all possible ways, why should it not be the only mind?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard one might as well say there are no other bodies. Everything is one body. Yea cool. But for practical reasons we can categorize different bodies as individuals. Same way ego and their content can be categorized into seperated mental bags or smth. At least it makes sense to me

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

But for practical reasons we can categorize different bodies as individuals. Same way ego and their content can be categorized into seperated mental bags or smth. At least it makes sense to me

So? ? For practical reasons, yes, but for existential reasons it's all God.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Carl-Richard one might as well say there are no other bodies. Everything is one body. Yea cool. But for practical reasons we can categorize different bodies as individuals. Same way ego and their content can be categorized into seperated mental bags or smth. At least it makes sense to me

the same god body can just appear differently if it has no restrictions and see itself through all of them differently.

since they are all the same, they are all there.

Edited by Baum

7 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

@Leo Gura So there will be a concious-unconscious experience left or just a white/black screen?

Infinite consciousness. It feels like nothing, but a self-aware nothing. Like a white hole but minus the white.

6 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

You say it's the most  "terrifying thing you can imagine", BUT then you say there's no you to be terrified in the first place.

You don't even have recollection of what you should be afraid, because there's no you!  You just become GOD/conscious/ love. So either there's fear only when you go back from that state, and try to remember it, which would be fear of concept or there's still some ego left which is afraid, therefore you don't fully disappear, and you have never fully awakened.

The fear will arise as it is happening to you. The ego-mind is a stubborn bitch. It will not surrender without a long fight.

If I was to shoot you in the gut, you would suffer a lot before you reached final peace. You don't just die in 1 second. It's not so easy.

4 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Leo Gura If I have and insight (such as no self) on psychedelics, and during my every day life I fully take on the belief that my insight is true, would I be able to re-experience my insight?

Forcing belief is not the right way to go about this work.

You want to try to be freshly conscious of whatever insight you had.

Rather than memorizing math solutions, you re-derive them fresh each time. Like that.

Again feels off. See, as far as im concern you're just a part of my dream making statements. And there are many parts of me who make different statements. And some smell like truth and some don't. So from my point of view, it would be wise to chose what eminates truth rather then the opposite.

Still all your dream.

1 minute ago, Meliodas said:

Ironically Buddha’s teaching were of anatma- meaning no soul or atma , but people(especially Buddhists) have started calling him a great soul.

This is a common mistranslation and modern misunderstanding. The Buddha taught The Self, not no-self.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Still all your dream

Still just an empty statement inside me just like every other statement. And still doesn't smell like truth very much.

Edited by Salvijus

Interesting discussion. 

Either Leo is one of the most awake humans that ever walked this universe, or he is a complete nuthead who managed to delude himself to a level never seen before. Those are the 2 cards on the table - and both are kinda fascinating. 

I have always wondered about this "spiritual one-upmanship". There are so many accounts of mystics/enlightened teachers and realized individuals who discredit each others experiences as some form of "lower understanding". I mean, yes - there definitely are levels to this, of course. But even if you study really famous examples of highly realized beings like Rumi, Maharshi, Gotama - who were able to put these truths in such elegant language - you will still find some really crucial differences in how they lay out nonduality. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

if God's mind is absolutely infinite in all possible ways, why should it not be the only mind?

Because that's solipsism and every one knows solipsism is a po0-po0 word.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

This is a common mistranslation and modern misunderstanding. The Buddha taught The Self, not no-self.

That is not actually a mistranslation, atma means dreamed up soul , the “The Self” you are talking about is called paramatman, lit. the ultimate soul ,  the Buddha said there is no you and me , there is only me.so when he said anatma he was not saying there is no self , he was saying in the sense of individuality most probably. But yes you are right In a way , most teachings of many people are distorted because translation is not done correctly.

but I don’t know experientially, so I may well be all wrong lol

3 minutes ago, undeather said:

Either Leo is one of the most awake humans that ever walked this universe, or he is a complete nuthead who managed to delude himself to a level never seen before. Those are the 2 cards on the table - and both are kinda fascinating. 

Sombody should make an annonimous poll to see what people think.

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Still just an empty statement inside me that doesn't resonate like truth.

Maybe if I slap you upside the head it will resonate a bit ;)

8 minutes ago, undeather said:

Or maybe I just told you what Ramana told you.

I have always wondered about this "spiritual one-upmanship". There are so many accounts of mystics/enlightened teachers and realized individuals who discredit each others experiences as some form of "lower understanding". I mean, yes - there definitely are levels to this, of course. 

Maybe not all roads lead to the same place. What a crazy idea!

It's like you just got your first car so you believe any road will take you to the north pole because all roads are roads and we don't want to play favorites or hurt anyone's feelings.

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Why make a poll on this , I think it will just waste time , we should try to get to higher levels of consciousness instead of doing this . But do what you want lol

Maybe not all roads lead to the same place. What a crazy idea!

What about every path leads to truth. Are there many truths? Or one truth?

https://strawpoll.com/ruvr3uu5b 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

What will it change? If he's awake, he will remain awake. If he's not, he still won't be. Our opinions really don't matter here. 

True.