Gladius

Skin Issues

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Big fan of Leo here. I'd like to share my health problems I've been dragging for too long, maybe someone has an idea how to treat them...

Since I was around 13 I have some skin issues, and I'm 32 now. It started as tiny random red spots around fingers, back of hands, and sometimes. any part of the body. Years after, I also had urticaria problems. I do believe it's all based on emotional issues (I had some in my childhood and teenage years), but I can't fix it. 

Secondly, I also have some breathing problems. Seems my sinus get easily inflammated, so that makes me most of the time lethargic, tired, and really low energy.

Through doctors (many of them) and conventional medicine I came up with a "good" solution for both problems: Taking an antihistamine (once a week). Nevertheless, this is one of my main challenges in life and I'm pretty sure if I could heal this from the source I wouldn't need any chemicals and I'd feel better.

If anyone has any ideas about this, I'd appreciate so much. Thanks for reading!

Many thanks for replying sadlabounty. I didn't try fasting and I certainly will, since it's one of the things left to do. Just for the record, I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, exercising, eating mostly fresh food, sleeping 8 hours... For this reason I never thought of the problem being in my diet, but I'll give it a chance. Thanks!

@Gladius  I've been having skin problems (eczema and psoriasis) for well over 30 years. I've tried pretty much everything and I can't say I can cure it but treat it effectively. Of course not one shoe fits all so you will have to try different things and see what works for you. Conventional medicine has done nothing for me so I've switched to the alternative stuff. I use homoeopathy and potions. Food and your environment DO affect your skin and so do emotions, I can guarantee you that. My holistic doctor (who's the first one to actually help me instead of just sending me away with cortisone) told me skin problems always have to do with the gut and the psyche. You say you had issues. Explore them and deal with your traumas/issues. It's a stony road but it is worth it. If you're up to this read about early childhood traumas/emotional neglect and how you can heal ("Running on empty" is a good one). Read about "Psychosomatic Energetics" and about "New Germanic Medicine". Perhaps the information provided there can help you a bit to get a clearer view of what's causing your problems. It helped me. Good luck!

Edited by Annie

Thanks Annie! I really like your approach. I do have traumas from the past and I'm aware of them. I tried hipnosis, meditation, therapy... I feel I've improved but it's difficult to change "from the core" who I am. I guess the only thing left to do is to keep trying. Thanks for your recommendations and  all the best!

Hi There!

I've been dealing with chronic spontaneous urticaria for 16months as well as swelling issues. I do believe that emotions effect your skin, but I also believe that the issue is likely to be a gut issue, as stress/trauma effects immune system which is largely located in the gut. Mine came on after a very stressful period in my life, but I feel it was a bucket effect, e.g lots of things that added up to bring about this problem. Once the buckets full, things overflow and symptoms show up! 

May I suggest you look into salicylate sensitivy and FAILSAFE eating. I was told about this by my immunologist and I trailed the diet, I have been able to find my riggers and reduce my antihistamines as a result (I was on 4x recommended dose per day). You say you eat healthy which is great but loads of fruit and veg are very high in salicylate so often what we would think of as helpful (e.g eating healthy veg) can actually make urticaria worse. As soon as I eat anything high in salycilate or preservatives my hives become out of control. Thankfully by adjusting my diet I can control it, along with keeping stress low and sleeping well. 

I also saw a therapist, one because I wanted to explore the emotional/psychological issues that could have contributed to this, but also because it's such a hard condition to live with and impacts your quality of life, so self care and talking this through has helped me a lot. 

I wish you all the best on your journey. 

@Gladius Yes it is difficult to deal with the psychological stuff but it is crucial that you understand and try to solve your issues. Of course it won't happen over night but awareness is key, everything else will follow.

@Hotdog The thing with fruit and veg is also there could be a problem with pesticides being used on them. Of course they're bad for you in general anyway but one could react worse to a certain fruit or veg not because of the type of fruit but because of the pesticides it's been sprayed with. Buying organic won't guarantee anything in my opinion but I suppose it's the better option.

Mood (and therefore stress levels) might be affected by a deficiency of vitamins for example B12 which is produced naturally in your gut but if your gut doesn't work properly you might have a deficiency. And taking some probiotics as well can't possibly do any harm. Trying to eliminate other toxins from your day to day life: try using only cotton clothes and bed sheets instead of "plastic", check that your creams and lotions don't contain perfume, perhaps cut back on "regular" soap and use something milder instead, don't use dryer sheets, etc. will also help your skin.

Edited by Annie

@Gladius Recently started a topic somewhere here where I said that cutting out gluten from my diet helped my skin a lot. Though your problems don't sound identical, I'd give it a try if you haven't already.

And for your sinus, get a neti pot! I love mine! I was very skeptical but got one as part of an assignment for a yoga course I went too. For a long while I used it everyday, more important than brushing teeth IMO. Now I use it more seldom but still love it ?❤️

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

If you look at it pure from a fysical side. Skin problems are usualy coursed by a liver what is not working a 100% or it is getting so much to filter and breakdown it cant keep up. Most people forget that the liver is the filter of the body and filters should be cleaned sometimes.

We do it by waterfilters, cars, airconditionair, hoovers, ect, ect but we never clean our own filter.

A liver and kindney cleasing (must be the right one tho) do wonders for many people.

And what also a possibility you can try is coilidial silver water. (if you  want to be sure you have the best silverwater check out the side of Steve Barwick).

@Gladius maybe you've already tried this, but in case you haven't, my advice would be:

- no dairy

- LOW GI food

- no alcohol and caffeine

- no processed food

- no gluten

Try it for at least 3 months, and try refocusing your thoughts on anything else, like living your life doing this you enjoy and stop defining yourself as a person that has this type of problem..

@Gladius

On 1/13/2017 at 6:32 AM, Gladius said:

Hi everyone,

Big fan of Leo here. I'd like to share my health problems I've been dragging for too long, maybe someone has an idea how to treat them...

Since I was around 13 I have some skin issues, and I'm 32 now. It started as tiny random red spots around fingers, back of hands, and sometimes. any part of the body. Years after, I also had urticaria problems. I do believe it's all based on emotional issues (I had some in my childhood and teenage years), but I can't fix it. 

Secondly, I also have some breathing problems. Seems my sinus get easily inflammated, so that makes me most of the time lethargic, tired, and really low energy.

Through doctors (many of them) and conventional medicine I came up with a "good" solution for both problems: Taking an antihistamine (once a week). Nevertheless, this is one of my main challenges in life and I'm pretty sure if I could heal this from the source I wouldn't need any chemicals and I'd feel better.

If anyone has any ideas about this, I'd appreciate so much. Thanks for reading!

When you mean red spots....do mean like a skin rash....like eczema?  I have a TON of food allergies and I can tell you first hand that dairy caused rashes all over my body.   And specifically when I was eating diary I noticed that when I stressed out I would have really severe flair ups and couldn't stop scratching making my eczema rashes worse! I would get these rashes on my hands (in and around my fingers) in my 20's and when I was a kid I got diaper rashes, and knee rashes, as well as on the back of my elbows and my legs in my teenager years. 

When I eat a ton of salt or dairy I notice I have mucus build up and it's hard for me to breathe.  So I understand where you are coming from.  I have one of those exercise breathing machines that you get from the hospital.  I can not explain the multitude of a difference I had in breathing in this machine after a few days of taking dairy out of my diet. 

Many people don't realize that our bodies need balance in three different areas to be healthy....physical, mental and spiritual.  Physical obviously is a possible allergy...but there is a mental aspect you may want to look into here.  I have a book called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay that talks about our mental thoughts/feelings can effect our physical health....  Have you noticed any of the following thought patterns in your life? (listed below as probable causes)

This is what it says about Urticaria (Hives)  

Pg 177
Urticaria (Hives)  

Probable Cause:  Small, hidden fears, Mountains out of molehills.
New Thought Pattern: I bring peace to every corner of my life.

pg 195
Rash
Probable Cause: 
Irritation over delays, Babyish way to get attention.
New Thought Pattern:   I love and approve of myself.  I am at peace with the process of life. 

pg 166
Eczema
Probable Cause:
Breathtaking antagonism. Mental Eruptions
New Thought Pattern:  Harmony and peace, love and joy surround me and indwell me. I am safe and secure.

Thanks everyone, I tried last weeks to adopt these solutions and I can say my health is finally improving. To sum up, I'd say it is crucial to raise awareness towards food, emotions and thoughts. It is easy said but took a lot of effort to put into practice and break the cycle. Absolutely worth it!