Intraplanetary

Islam is peaceful religion?

104 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

US printed a lot of us dollars for afghanistan and made fake documents about using those dollars in afghanistan but in reality they did nothing there but took all those dollars back to USA. so usa got rich by invading afghanistan .

If they printed a lot of dollars, then this would've decreased the value of the currency.  I don't see why you think printing more dollars made the US richer.  In any case, the obscene amount of money and lives wasted fighting the terrorists outweighs any and all benefits US might have gained from the conflict.  

also afghanistan is a very strategic location. all greate empires wanted to conquer afghanistan .mongols , alexander, islamic caliphate , mughal, ussr, british. 

So now you're justifying US's actions as it's what every smart nation/empire does?

USA conquered afghanistan for profit and hegemony. why the fuck would anyone wanna congragulate usa for conqering afghanistan. all empires have been conqering them since ancient times

Geopolitics is rarely that simple.  If your understanding of a situation is so simplistic that a 5 year old would understand, you're most likely biased and illinformed.

If you believe "US is just evil and power-hungry", then it's unlikely you understand the whole situation.

US left, and look what happened.  Women can't work or study.  The rulers are absolute idiots.  I've watched many interviews with them and, now that the US has left, Afghanistan has no hope.

Edited by thisintegrated

55 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

If they printed a lot of dollars, then this would've decreased the value of the currency.  I don't see why you think printing more dollars made the US richer.  In any case, the obscene amount of money and lives wasted fighting the terrorists outweighs any and all benefits US might have gained from the conflict. 

usa got richer by invading afghanistan. u did not watch the video i linked above

57 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

US left, and look what happened.  Women can't work or study.  The rulers are absolute idiots.  I've watched many interviews with them and, now that the US has left, Afghanistan has no hope.

i will post a video below about the situaton of afghanistan under usa rule .take a look at it decide it yourself whether taliban or usa was better.

On 15/03/2022 at 7:24 AM, itachi uchiha said:

@SgtPepperSgtPepper

When u read biography of muhammed pbuh writtern by enemies of islam u will always think that muhammed pbuh was not that greate.u need to read the biography from correct ancient muslim writers

The greatest prophets were in the order 

Muhammed>abraham>moses>jesus>nuh

Jesus is the 4th best.if u read the history of prophets ,abraham  and moses went through a lot more than jesus

Yep you are not at all biased and full of truth. You are watching and posting a lot of islamic naratives and propoganda videos here. Full blown stage red-blue alret. Then again yeah,whatever pleases you.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 3/14/2022 at 11:45 PM, itachi uchiha said:

then how about 19th century. hitler  a christian killed 6 million jews. european christians killed 100 million people in ww1 and ww2

I don't think it is the remotely the same. 

Muhammad did engage in warfare and so did his followers. Jesus did not engage in warfare, nor did his disciples or apostles. The buddha did not engage in warfare as far as I know.

People do not reference Jesus or the gospel as a justification for war. Europeans went to war for secular reasons, or perhaps as sinful Christians, not as following the footsteps of Christ.

Muslims consider Muhammad to be an example of a perfect human which means all of what he did is okay.

And the 'presentism' argument is not effective, since our discussion is about what human being's behavior is worth emulating today

In the end, majority of Muslims are peaceful and I acknowledge the Truth in Islam (sufism). I own the Quran, I peruse it occasionally, I got a book that has a compilation of 'spiritual gems' from the Quran and Hadith. I love Islamic art. You likely grew up in a Muslim family so stick with it if it's bringing you peace.

----

would you say the BBC doc. on Muhammad's life is accurate? 

Edited by SgtPepper

2 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Muslims consider Muhammad to be an example of a perfect human which means all of what he did is okay.

Christians think Jesus came out of a literal virgin. These perfection standards were common for that era.

This whole thread is about deconstructing christianity and islam, that the two religions actually point towards the same 'truth' — God, love, good deeds etc.
and lots of members here are completely dismissing the talk in the original video, and insted comparing Mohammad to Jesus. 

Yes, Mohammad was not the literal incarnation of god like Jesus — that If Jesus actually existed and wasn't an allegorical figure. 
he did act like a religious leader, and ordered to fight wars in order to spread what was in his own mind the greats good for humanity.

but give the dude a break, Mohammad existed in an area where people would slay wild beasts for fun, no sane human would speak his mind in the midst of such people. 
his deeds/vision/dedication to truth and spreading what he was supposedly ordered to spread -islam- was truly selfless and messiah like.
he spoke against slavery and the act of Female infanticide back in the 6th century, when his head could've been easily chopped off for just that.   

him sleeping with a child is what was normal in that era, of course not acceptable nor defendable.

your criticisms is justifiable, but this it's coming form righteousness/limited view/close mindedness not the act of finding a flaw in a thing for the grater good of the other aka good sense making. 

This Mohammad vs Jesus debate is essentially a childish debate about who's guru/spiritual figure is better than the other's 

Edited by Happy Lizard

2 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

People do not reference Jesus or the gospel as a justification for war. Europeans went to war for secular reasons, or perhaps as sinful Christians, not as following the footsteps of Christ.

the countries in the middle east want to defend themself from usa and nato and they are called as terrorist. when usa invade iraq or afghanistan or syria it is usa vs radical islamic terrorist

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

Christian think Jesus came out of a literal virgin. These perfection standards are common for that era.

jesus was born without male intervention just like adam had no father. jesus did many miracles. even today people have done many miracles. these are called sidhis .jesus cured leprocy and bring back dead to life with gods permission.but ofcourse the above things cannot be proven.above things look like a joke today

Edited by itachi uchiha

2 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

the countries in the middle east want to defend themself from usa and nato and they are called as terrorist. when usa invade iraq or afghanistan or syria it is usa vs radical islamic terrorist

I agree with you. The USA meddled in the Middle East in a way that broke their system for politic and economic for US' advantage :|

@Happy Lizard

You are right. I was describing and reasoning why some do not view Islam as a religion of peace or negatively, and I think it has to do with the founder's behavior.

Many would disagree with you though on them pointing to the same truth, Muslims and Christians alike. 

I appreciate the thread because it got me to listen to some interesting interviews and discussions. I listened to a few videos of the videos @itachi uchiha posted. It's nice, comparative religion has always been an interesting topic for me, but I don't mean to move the topic from the fact that majority of Muslims are kind. And Christians can and have been immoral/dangerous.

Anybody can take a system and corrupt it.

Edited by SgtPepper

On 15/03/2022 at 6:35 AM, itachi uchiha said:

usa got richer by invading afghanistan. u did not watch the video i linked above

i will post a video below about the situaton of afghanistan under usa rule .take a look at it decide it yourself whether taliban or usa was better.

Do you want me to link some VICE interviews with the great new leaders of Afghanistan? Cause I will, I mean it.

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Do you want me to link some VICE interviews with the great new leaders of Afghanistan? Cause I will, I mean it.

Nope

Credibility of western media were over a long time ago

11 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

Nope

Credibility of western media were over a long time ago

wow, you don't trust independent news outlets which provide unfiltered talks with the taliban, and allows them to give their side of the story, but you love state sponsored news from deeply religious people with emotional ties to the conflict who try to sensationalize whatever random bits of propaganda they can. wow.

@thisintegrated

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

wow, you don't trust independent news outlets which provide unfiltered talks with the taliban, and allows them to give their side of the story, but you love state sponsored news from deeply religious people with emotional ties to the conflict who try to sensationalize whatever random bits of propaganda they can. wow.

Lol

Stay away from Islam? Islam's a funny religion, the peace of Islam depends on what a Muslim does. There are different sects that are gentler and not violent. Sufism is certainly peaceful. I think the writing in the Qur'an is misquoted, the Qur'an doesn't intend bad things written in it, it's not perfect. The extremes of the Qur'an aren't as extreme as the Bible, Muhammad was trying to inform Muslims to be good, although misinformation is used in this disgusting book.

I believe that most Christians and Muslims are peaceful enough people.

It's stupid to say that Christianity or Islam are religions of war or of peace, when their holy texts clearly have passages in them that support the use of violence.

The reality is that the religions and their holy texts were created by humans, some of them well intentioned, some of them not.

Violence is a part of life, and the religions were formulated in more primitive times where humans had not learned to settle their difference is less violent ways, so along comes religion to put people's minds at ease by justifying it through god/religion etc.

I think our biases about Islam come from the media, especially if one watches Fox news or conservative leaning media. Islam is not a violent religion, and is no more violent than Christianity and Judaism. It just so happens that in many parts of the Middle East, an Islamic sect known as Wahhabism took place, which is a more dogmatic, authoritarian and radical form of Islam. Prior to the 19th century, the mainstream practice of Islam was Sufism, which was mostly concerned with the mystical aspect of Islam. If you read about Sufism, you will quickly find out that a lot of the practices are about the greater jihad, or finding one self. I also think with Christianity, with the protestant reformation and such, there was a certain cycle of reforming the practices in Christianity, hence making it seem a lot more 'liberal' than Islam. The Islamic practices that we see as 'radical' work for the context of 7th century Arabia, which was a RADICALLY different culture than modern 21st century west. I think if Islam has a reformation movement, similar to how christianity did many centuries ago, we will see a different, more peaceful version of Islam.   

Why do you guys even need a religion?  What does it give you? If you're on this forum you must be aware enough to know yourself as god, so why cling onto an outdated stage Blue ideology which opposes free thinking and questioning authority?

Religiously following this dogma or that dogma isn't exactly conducive to gaining enlightenment.

Edited by thisintegrated

On 15.3.2022 at 4:55 AM, thisintegrated said:

While christians are capable of bad things, christians committing terrorism for their religion is almost unhear of.  Sure you can probably find edge-cases, but nothing comparable to what you see in islam.

Was Anders Behring Breivik a Christian terrorist?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Why do you guys even need a religion?  What does it give you? If you're on this forum you must be aware enough to know yourself as god, so why cling onto an outdated stage Blue ideology which opposes free thinking and questioning authority?

Religiously following this dogma or that dogma isn't exactly conducive to gaining enlightenment.

Religious people apparently are statistically more happy that is quite a reason

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Religious people apparently are statistically more happy that is quite a reason

Statistically, children are also more happy than adults.