Intraplanetary

Islam is peaceful religion?

104 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SgtPepper said:

From what I have read, Jesus was without a doubt a more peaceful figure than Muhammad.

Historically speaking, both religions were violent though. 

Jesus was part of the Roman empire. He was not a king and so he didn't engage in fights. Muhammad, on the other hand, made a country and he created a lot of enemies that saw him and his increasing presence in the area as a danger, so they went after him and he had to protect his people. Jesus would have done the same if he was in a similar situation.\\

4 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Can you link where someone is interested could get a non-bias source of Muhammad? 

Start with Wikipedia. It is more important for the reader to be unbiased than the source.

4 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

Honestly the last thing I thought I'd do in this forum was defending islam. Bless your heart dude, saying this with actual sincerity and love. 

ME too :D

I am super critical of Islam usually cause I am from an Islamic environment and I see so many wrong things about the traditional understanding of Islam but That was Super wrong.

I want to apologize if I offended anybody of you and if it was a touchy subject.

It was not meant as a heated debate and I could have handled things differently then commenting like that, and for that I am sorry ? we can agree to disagree on this topic, but that does not mean that we should be enemies or dislike each other.

I appreciate you brothers no matter what.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

7 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Your ignorance on the topic clearly shines through, how can you even compare islam and christianity, christianity the man behind it suffered excrutiating pain and horrendous suffering for speaking the truth and he knew that he would be killed and yet he stod tall for the benefit of others, while islam is from a lunatic who ordered killing of children and women.

If you actually study the gospels you would see who Jesus was, he was an enormously profound character, while muhammed was a evil being.

Haha, I think you're off the mark about Islam.

Muhammad was not a lunatic nor was he evil.

It would serve you to actually read about the historical Muhammad and his life.

You don't need to experience horrendous suffering to speak profound truths.

Islam contains many profound truths and it needs to be understood within the survival context that is the Middle East. The Middle East ain't Kansas. Survival is much harsher there, especially 1500 years ago.

Islam is a memetic structure which unified the entire ancient Middle East and beyond, and brought them out of paganism and serving as a civilizing force. Today of course Islam is horribly outdated for a post-modern era.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Remember how christians used to burn witches (along with their cats : D)? Have you read Zen at War?

4 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Remember how christians used to burn witches (along with their cats : D)? Have you read Zen at War?

Didn't Christians try to overthrow American democracy last year? ;)

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Islam contains many profound truths

All these profound truths pre-dated Muhammad. He didn’t bring any new teachings. But he did claim that God was speaking to him (and him only), which is a typical cult-leader tactic. He used it to get what he wanted from the Arabs. Reminds me of Donald Trump and the maga movement. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

13 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

All these profound truths pre-dated Muhammad.

Truth predates everyone and everything. So what?

Jesus did not invent these truths, nor did any other guru or teacher you know.

He didn’t bring any new teachings.

Nor did Jesus.

But he did claim that God was speaking to him (and him only), which is a typical cult-leader tactic.

God was probably speaking to him.

And he didn't claim God only spoke to him. Islam recognizes the validity of all the Christian and Jewish prophets like Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.

Islam claims that Muhammad was the last prophet. This is obviously incorrect. Anyone can talk to God at any time. Hell, you are God. Just awake up and you don't need to talk to him anymore because you'll be him.

Today God took a shit in my toilet. It was quite the shit.

23 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Jesus was part of the Roman empire. He was not a king and so he didn't engage in fights. Muhammad, on the other hand, made a country and he created a lot of enemies that saw him and his increasing presence in the area as a danger, so they went after him and he had to protect his people. Jesus would have done the same if he was in a similar situation.\\

How did you conclude that?

Jesus did not become a king because he chose not to 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temptation_of_Christ Read the mountain section.

Jesus chooses to turn the other cheek:  "You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Jesus says to put down the sword:

:Then Simon Peter drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus. 11“Put yoursword back in its sheath!” Jesus said to Peter.“Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given Me?” 12Then the band of soldiers, with its commander and the officers of the Jews, arrested Jesus and bound Him.…

“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

My conclusion is that moment like these in the story of Jesus differentiates his character from Muhammad and is why I see them as different individuals.

Edited by SgtPepper

On 2/18/2022 at 3:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

Islam claims that Muhammad was the last prophet. This is obviously incorrect. Anyone can talk to God at any time. Hell, you are God. Just awake up and you don't need to talk to him anymore because you'll be him.

Which is quite bizarre as there exists Islamic mystics who've interacted with God long after Muhammed. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Lol

So many experts here.i think u should be going for the imam post.its easy money

IMG_20220305_202000.jpg

In the video above , a british intellectual tells which relegion is most violent in history.he also gives book recommendations 

On 2/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Which is quite bizarre as there exists Islamic mystics who've interacted with God long after Muhammed. 

Which is why mainstream Islam hates Sufi mystics. Sorta spoils their monopoly on Allah.

“I searched for God and found only myself, I searched for myself and found only God”

-Rumi

“I saw my Lord with the eye of the heart

I asked, ‘Who are You?’
He replied, ‘You.’ “

-Mansur al-Hallaj, the man made famous for reciting Ana Al-Haq  

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is why mainstream Islam hates Sufi mystics. Sorta spoils their monopoly on Allah.

They literally had Mansur Al-Hallaj executed for threatening the authority of Orthodox status quo Muslims.

P.S. @Leo Gura My forum signature is the shahada, both as a tribute to Sufism, as well as to your Understanding Islam video.

Edit: Also, you have a book on your booklist from an Islam mystic who encountered himself as God.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

At least he had more fun than Jesus

On 5.3.2022 at 5:52 PM, itachi uchiha said:

Lol

So many experts here.i think u should be going for the imam post.its easy money

IMG_20220305_202000.jpg

Actually you become an apostate ones you really read the quran with switching on the brain.

23 minutes ago, Epikur said:

At least he had more fun than Jesus

@HusseinisdoingfineHusseinisdoingfine

The guy who made the video above was destroyed and got a carrear ending moment in the debate below

@Epikur u will become a muslim when  u research the predictions of future made by muhammed pbuh in 600ad

27 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Epikur u will become a muslim when  u research the predictions of future made by muhammed pbuh in 600ad