Intraplanetary

Islam is peaceful religion?

104 posts in this topic

Islam is like Christianity in many ways. Mehdi is pointing out this in a good deconstruction effort for the centrality of Christianity. I believe many English speaking westerners do not have this understanding or point of view.

For example many might choose to deconstruct religions such as christianity and Buddhism/hinduism pointing out the relativity that's dependent on the culture, saying effectively : "you know what, buddha is there christ! Jesus is our buddha! christianity and Buddhism are interchangeable, it's just relative to where you grew up!" but yet don't go far as doing the same with Islam. I'm not sure why, but probably either for not being exposed to the good side of it, or maybe because of prejudice. 

In reality Islam has internal social problems, issues with some of its logic, philosophy and practices (every muslim is well aware of them) and also the lake of reformers and visionaries who speak out and have publicity.

But over all this is a good speech defending islam against western prejudice. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

There's nothing peaceful about sharia law. There's nothing peaceful about forcing girls to wear headscarfs. There's nothing peaceful about it being okay for husbands to hit their wives. There's nothing peaceful about killing apostates. And there was also nothing peaceful about prophet Muhammed.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 11.2.2022 at 2:19 AM, Intraplanetary said:

This is really bad. Always when somebody pulls a 'Ben Shapiro' rapid speak style it is propaganda

On 12/02/2022 at 1:43 AM, Happy Lizard said:

But over all this is a good speech defending islam against western prejudice. 

I agree. if for one thing this speech is good is for defending islam against western prejudice. Christianity is ain't better religion. religion is religion. They all share fundamentally same structure and vary in context depending in what geographical location and culture it was born.

softly into the Abyss...

A religion never talked to me, so idk how a religion could be peaceful.

People talk to me, and people can be aggressive. Never heard of a religion beating someone up. Only humans and animals do that.

If your standards are set around the 13th century then sure.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Before Mo there were Jews in Saudi Arabia. After him no more. Magic.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:15 PM, Intraplanetary said:

I agree. if for one thing this speech is good is for defending islam against western prejudice. Christianity is ain't better religion. religion is religion. They all share fundamentally same structure and vary in context depending in what geographical location and culture it was born.

Your ignorance on the topic clearly shines through, how can you even compare islam and christianity, christianity the man behind it suffered excrutiating pain and horrendous suffering for speaking the truth and he knew that he would be killed and yet he stod tall for the benefit of others, while islam is from a lunatic who ordered killing of children and women.

If you actually study the gospels you would see who Jesus was, he was an enormously profound character, while muhammed was a evil being.

They are not even the same, and in saying so, you make a big mistake, people gotta be accountable for their comments, like yours, for spreading misinformation.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

29 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

while islam is from a lunatic who ordered killing of children and women

Isn’t it wiser to try and understand why that is from a historical and sociological point of view? 

I am an atheist from a muslim community. Islam definitely is the worst religion on the Earth and not peaceful at all.

2 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Your ignorance on the topic clearly shines through, how can you even compare islam and christianity, christianity the man behind it suffered excrutiating pain and horrendous suffering for speaking the truth and he knew that he would be killed and yet he stod tall for the benefit of others, while islam is from a lunatic who ordered killing of children and women.

If you actually study the gospels you would see who Jesus was, he was an enormously profound character, while muhammed was a evil being.

They are not even the same, and in saying so, you make a big mistake, people gotta be accountable for their comments, like yours, for spreading misinformation.

I can't believe you are a moderator xD 

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary How is that relevant to the topic we are discussing?

Are moderators not free to comment on posts?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

This is some serious hate speech and non informed opinion. I'd like to remind you that studying islam is a part of actualized.org's work.
I think @Leo Gura should have a say in this, since I'm speaking to a community moderator that's supposed to maintain a civil dialogue.

you clearly haven't studied Islam and projecting this as: 'not knowing what Jesus or christianity is really about.' I can attempt to discuss your points when it's not reactionary. 

3 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

You clearly never read a word about Muhammad other than those from islamophobic propaganda. Muhammad is a serious spiritual teacher, He suffered a lot in the name of the Truth and the name of God. And he loved Jesus a lot, he always talked about him. He didn't breach nonduality, but he breached his version of the truth that suited the society he was living in.

Study a little bit about Islam before making such bold claims. Almost every religion is found by Nobel figures, It is then gets corrupted by people. Shame seeing such ignorance from a mod.

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

This is some serious hate speech and non informed opinion. I'd like to remind you that studying islam is a part of actualized.org's work.
I think @Leo Gura should have a say in this, since I'm speaking to a community moderator that's supposed to maintain a civil dialogue.

you clearly haven't studied Islam and projecting this as: 'not knowing what Jesus or christianity is really about.' I can attempt to discuss your points when it's not reactionary. 

Hate speech?

i do enjoy alot of sufis, ibn arabi for example.

I like their ideas about Allah.

I stand firmly on the ground saying that muhammed was not anything like Jesus.

https://youtu.be/5NXtIUv5i2w

I suggest one can begin with reading the book, seeking allah finding Jesus by Nabeel querashi. 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 Jesus Dude! what is all this bullshit you are consuming? 

Start reading about Muhammad from a nonbiased source and judge for yourself. Muhammad is an amazing guy, literally. He sacrificed all his life for the Truth. although he was a leader and a king, He used to go on for days without eating anything but dates until he looked pale and weak. He used to collect so much money from wars he was engaging in but ended up giving all of it to the poor. He used to have only two pieces of clothes. He lived in small rooms made of mud. He used to ride a donkey not a horse. he forgave all people who hurt him. He made a country from separate tribes. He teaches people manners and to care for each other. He was a perfect stage blue figure. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

This is from Nabeels book, keep in mind that he and hos entire family was devout muslims. 

Screenshot_20220218-183640_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183610_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183544_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183528_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183734_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183702_Scribd.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-183447_Scribd.jpg

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Mehdi Hasan didn't say anything convincing at all lol.

@LSD-Rumi

Can you link for someone who is interested could get a non-bias source of Muhammad? 

From what I have read, Jesus was without a doubt a more peaceful figure than Muhammad.

Historically speaking, both religions were violent though. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Adamq8 Islamophobia is against the guidelines of this forum. I'm really shocked that you get a pass. 

are you really going to turn to an uptight fundamentalist who's pledged with guilt for his sexuality, and point his opinion on
tribal Arabs sexuality back in the fucking 6th century ? and make that an argument about why "Mohammad is wrong!"

Honestly the last thing I thought I'd do in this forum was defending islam. Bless your heart dude, saying this with actual sincerity and love. 

EDIT: to your defense, I can see why to westerners/Christians/non-middle Easters, Mohammad does come off as a sexual monster possibly a pedophile and a criminal. That's because you have not one clue about the environment where islam sprung was/is like. which is way I called Mehdi's defense an effective one against western prejudice, I never intended to copmpare Mohammad to christ.

Edited by Happy Lizard