roopepa

No answer, blank mind

83 posts in this topic

I don’t think we should take someone who failed at the Buddhist path as an expert on the effectiveness of the Buddhist path. 

It’s like going to someone who hates the taste of Asian cuisine to learn about the best dishes of that type of cuisine. Not an intelligent move. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Lol, the Buddhist path is just an illusion. You will not reach God that way. You think you have, but you haven't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Silence is not understanding, but deep understanding leads to profound silence.

Unfortunately it's not profound enough

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol, the Buddhist path is just an illusion. You will not reach God that way. You think you have, but you haven't.

You have repeatedly, consistently demonstrated you literally do not understand what enlightenment refers to.  Stilling your mind isn't about basking in silence.  It is about allowing identity to dissolve at deeper and deeper levels, removing conceptual filters as it does.  This process will eventually take with it EVERYTHING, including agency, time, space, the present moment, and even existence vs non-existence.  It leaves absolutely no-where, in the Just This.

The reality that a normal person "sees" is almost completely conceptual.  Enlightenment is simply seeing what is ACTUALLY there, without these deep filters.  This is non-conceptual, absolutely ungraspable and uncontainable.  If you can put it into words, it isn't it.  You have given up doing the real work and just opted for grand shortcuts that blow your ego up to infinity.  Sorry, but this is a travesty and you do a big disservice to people on this path by encouraging this wild solidification of concepts.

I wish you would backtrack about 4 years to the humble genuine curiosity you used to have, and look for the trail that you missed.  From my perspective, you're caught in your own ego trap and can't see it.  That's both ironic and sad.

@Leo Gura the Buddhist path is not really that focused on God. I just don’t see why we’re making this a competition when different paths are different tools to achieve different things. You can do both without much issue as long as the one in question doesn’t get into this unhelpful attitude of competition. Your teachings can work in combination with Buddhist techniques, and Buddhist techniques can work in combination with your teachings. No need for an us vs. them mentality. 

A higher degree of mastery over suffering is in no way going to harm anyone’s aim to become God-Realized. If people become too attached to one system over another, this will certainly reduce the chance that any useful synergy will occur. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no other path, we label the path 'buddhist' they are just words. Either that are take psychedelic's for peak experiences? Great peak 'God realisation' experience, what does it bring you? suffering and delusion when you sober up...

Either Leo renounces his finite egoic self and embraces infinite Love or as you become Nothing (what you call the buddhist path) or you live as a zen devil, the choices are yours 

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

You have repeatedly, consistently demonstrated you literally do not understand what enlightenment refers to.  Stilling your mind isn't about basking in silence.  It is about allowing identity to dissolve at deeper and deeper levels, removing conceptual filters as it does.  This process will eventually take with it EVERYTHING, including agency, time, space, the present moment, and even existence vs non-existence.  It leaves absolutely no-where, in the Just This.

The reality that a normal person "sees" is almost completely conceptual.  Enlightenment is simply seeing what is ACTUALLY there, without these deep filters.  This is non-conceptual, absolutely ungraspable and uncontainable.  If you can put it into words, it isn't it.  You have given up doing the real work and just opted for grand shortcuts that blow your ego up to infinity.  Sorry, but this is a travesty and you do a big disservice to people on this path by encouraging this wild solidification of concepts.

I wish you would backtrack about 4 years to the humble genuine curiosity you used to have, and look for the trail that you missed.  From my perspective, you're caught in your own ego trap and can't see it.  That's both ironic and sad.

You are not awake. So spare me. You have no understanding of what I am pointing to.

56 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Leo Gura the Buddhist path is not really that focused on God. I just don’t see why we’re making this a competition when different paths are different tools to achieve different things. You can do both without much issue as long as the one in question doesn’t get into this unhelpful attitude of competition. Your teachings can work in combination with Buddhist techniques, and Buddhist techniques can work in combination with your teachings. No need for an us vs. them mentality. 

A higher degree of mastery over suffering is in no way going to harm anyone’s aim to become God-Realized. If people become too attached to one system over another, this will certainly reduce the chance that any useful synergy will occur. 

Except in practice I see Buddhists who have no clue what God is. So, yes Buddhism easily becomes a counter-productive trap.

The problem is that people blindly believe Buddhism will get you to the highest consciousness. This belief is never questioned.

Buddhism is for dummies. Just another dream within the dream. This makes it very dangerous to those who want ultimate awakening.

Just pointing out a trap to you guys ;)

I think Buddhism is a good spiritual starting point.  Especially for westerners, who have rejected western religion.  It was for me.  I found a lot of wisdom in Buddhism, but not enough to ever consider myself a Buddhist. 

"Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide." -Buddha

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not awake. So spare me.

I guess that makes two of us ;)

Haha this was a good thread.

Yes everything is already exactly what it is prior to any conditioned concepts about it being good/bad; right/wrong. 

"Nothing matters, everything is already whole complete and perfect....but why not try to make the world a better place". 

- Jim Newman 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The difference between Leo and Buddhists is that Leo thinks he has the biggest dick, and they think they are sucking it xD

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 hours ago, Flyboy said:

Nonsense. You are both awake unless you're typing in your sleep.

The thing that is being overlooked is that end of suffering, full ego trancendence, peak levels of awareness, and truth-realization are the same thing.

End of suffering doesn't mean the ability to endure pain. End of suffering means end of ignorance. They are trancendending ignorance. Because unawareness and ignorance is the cause of suffering. Really let that sink in.

The implications of it are that one who has trancendenced all ignorance, knows the Truth absolutely, therefor is beyond suffering. This means peak levels of awareness and truth realization. And that's what buddhism is all about. The end of ignorance. Aka, absolute truth realization. 

And also it's about embodyment, not about jumping on a trampoline like a little kid all your life.

Edited by Salvijus

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

"Nothing matters, everything is already whole complete and perfect....but why not try to make the world a better place". 

- Jim Newman 

I love your and Jim's teachings style. It's refreshing, and I find an effective reminder to theorise less and meditate more (especially for peeps like me who need that reminder quite often :/).

7 hours ago, Flyboy said:

There's only you, dummy.

You are hallucinating me.

;)

grima_and_king_theoden_-_two_towers~3.png

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

People are not interested in reaching 'God Realization' if that simply means 'the highest state of consciousness' without the alleviation of suffering - and if they do, you can be damn sure that it's nothing but an egoic pursuit of 'being the best / highest'.

Because hey, one gets to run around and bask in egoic god-realization whilst calling 99% of spiritual teachers, students, traditions and religions 'inferior' or even 'dumb' for their attainment / understanding. 

'Suffering is irrelevant'. Well guess what, it's not. Not to those who truly and deeply suffer. 

And oh my f*ckin lord, in this community there are so many people of this kind. Who are only in it for the spiritual ego it gives them. 

People want to escape suffering, people want peace and harmony in their lives. They don't give a hoot about this attainment or that attainment if it means that they'll return to suffering. And if they do, they simply haven't suffered enough yet. 

After all, who said that the condition-driven rat race can't include god-realization? 

@Leo Gura 

Shut up already.

How is it possible for you to tell all those stories about ego and self-deception and at the same time be this blind to your own nonsense?

Anyone who has ever actually meditated more than 10 minutes see right through your bullshit. Simple meditation and emotional awareness cuts through it like a warm knife through butter.

Literally anyone could make the same claims as you do. Your words are empty. They don't serve us. They serve you, your self-image. What is anyone supposed to do with your posts here? Endlessly contemplate and wallow in low self-esteem and judgement because you say they don't "get it" yet? That is the stupidest, most counter-productive role any guide could ever take. That has nothing to do with making others lives better - it's about pulling them down with you.

Fuck your trips and god-realizations. Why should anyone spend years tripping and watching your videos if the result is what we see here - doing nothing but claiming they have understanding that others don't. Fucking laughable. Start writing poetry, heal people or whatever else so we see what you actually got. If you don't have anything else to say than "I understand, you don't", then you might as well shut up. That has no real positive value for anyone.

And don't come saying "my work is about understanding, not about feeling better or a better life". You know exactly why your videos has thousands of views and why people come to this forum. They are looking to feel better. That's why anyone ever starts looking for depth and spirit.

Actualized.org is not just a business anymore, not some personal project of yours. People trust you and follow you. When you see those people suffering and getting hurt, you have the responsibility. Just like CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. Take your head out of your ass and see that there are others around you. Stop playing a philosopher when someone comes to you suicidal. Those people asking for help are the people who watch your videos and read your posts. They are a part of your work.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"