Preety_India

What are different forms of intelligence?

10 posts in this topic

How will you categorically classify intelligence? 

What different forms of intelligence exist? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India how would you categorically classify infinity? 

What different forms of infinity exist?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

There are an infinite set of intelligences; or as Leo says ‘infinite intelligence.’

You can be infinitely intelligent about an infinite amount of things.

Traditionally though, there has only been ‘intelligence.’ This typically refers to the standard IQ Tests, pattern recognition, etc.

It was only within the past 50 or so years, I believe, that the term ‘emotional intelligence’ (EQ) came into existence. As you can see, it has not been widely adopted either.

Still, not many people are concerned or familiar with ‘EQ.’

But I wouldn’t get too concerned with types of intelligences. It is nice to box things up and say this person is ‘emotionally intelligent’ or ‘classically intelligent’ or ‘spiritually intelligent.’ 

But it is something much bigger to surpass of that into INFINITE INTELLIGENCE and start pondering, what is intelligence? (In general)

Of course, infinite intelligence has the ‘no intelligence’ perspective - which is confusing because it has that phenomenon of the old joke:

’So smart only a dumb person could have come up with it/So dumb only a smart person could have done it.’

All in all, though, might I ask, and maybe I should’ve immediately - yet - why is it you’re curious about this?

8 hours ago, mw711 said:

All in all, though, might I ask, and maybe I should’ve immediately - yet - why is it you’re curious about this?

I'm curious about this because I'm trying to improve on my intelligence. I don't want to miss out on any form of intelligence. 

Currently I'm focused on key areas like emotional intelligence, social intelligence, intellectual intelligence (or the general IQ) and I'm trying to explore more forms/categories of intelligence that I can possibly improve on. I have realized that this is an important life skill/trait that I never cared to think too much about but now I think even minor shifts in intelligence can significantly improve the quality of life. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Gotcha, that makes sense.

Yeah, there is a lot of different ways too look at it.

You've broken it down to the main ideas and sound like you’re figuring it out though.

For me a lot of ‘intelligence’ comes down to effort and curiosity.

I naturally am curious about most things, so I put effort into asking questions where many may not.

I think there is a lot of really intelligent people out there that just simply are not putting in the effort because they do not realize intelligence is malleable and they are not naturally curious. Probably because they have had to be.

Regardless, If some would just realize they were not born with a strict ‘IQ’ and could actually control their intelligence, to a much larger extent than I, personally, expected - people could be a lot smarter.

Maybe I’m ignorant, but I like to think effort plays a role in intelligence and people are not just dumb.

Some people are just dumb tho.

Edited by mw711

@Medhansh I understand that you are probably relaying information you heard elsewhere but in regards to the vocabulary of this forum the four parts of the ‘mind’ you mentioned would not be referring to the ‘mind’ Leo talks about.

Those four parts would still be akin to something more of the ego mind.

Not God, the ‘Mind.’

That mind, has no parts.

@Medhansh

1 hour ago, Medhansh said:

Of course it's in a different context. This 4 part division of mind has been done by Indian sages and mystics. 

And yes, all 4 parts are still in the realm of mind. 

No, these 4 parts are not similar to the ego mind. That's what my point was. Ahankar is ego. Buddhi and Mann have a connection with ahankar, but they aren't similar. 

But because these 3 parts are so deeply interconnected, it becomes exceedingly difficult to dissociate them from each other. 

The way I think about the mind, technically, anything would be ‘within the realms of it.’

I was sort of conflating ‘ego’ with ‘the dream’ though.

I see what you mean now where that model distinguishes between the ego and other variables. Buddhi, Mann, etc.

But, still, my point is missed. There exists ‘another’ ‘Mind’ that contains ‘the dream’ and ‘the ego.’

This mind is infinitely intelligent and can not be factored or broken in to parts, such as buddhi or Mann.

It kind of blows any conventional understanding of intelligence out of the water.

Idk, maybe I’m stating the obvious here. Like you said, different context.

Maybe I’m just confused too.

My mind is kinda fried trying to use words to conceptualize intelligence; the essence of conception.

Edited by mw711