Yoremo

terrible sleep

34 posts in this topic

Additional question to the turmeric and ashwagandha, how do I know if they are good? So that I am not soaking up a ton of bad shit? or is this not something to worry about?

Also I added lion´s mane to the moon milk as I already take that, is that ok?

Edited by Yoremo

Btw, I bought it from superfruit, and that´s organic but I find it hard to see whether they are good or bad. They look good but every company does.

Edited by Yoremo

Try the ashwagandha. If you see an increase in your libido after a few days then it's legit.

@Yoremo I am basically a supplement expert at this point and I will tell you exactly what solved my sleep issue. I began sleeping poorly after my life got fked up; I add this because you mention a bad emotional state.

I began taking many sleep aid supplements to fix my issue. I tried:

• A high dose of Bacopa Monnieri
  • Magnolia Bark Extract
  • Tart Cherry Extract
  • Melatonin
  • 5-HTP
  • Lemon Balm Extract
  • Ashwagandha (Shoden)

They helped for a few days and then my body built tolerance and the issue came back. I then found out about that fact that research has shown that stress and mental suffering depletes the body of Magnesium and Zinc. Both are integral to sleep. I said fk it and wanted to test it out. I took 2 supplements:

• Magnesium Bisglycinate (400 mg) it is one of the best and most bioavailable forms ($8 USD on iHerb.com by California Gold Brand)
  • I then took the Zinc supplement called "Zinc Balance" by Jarrow Formulas ($6.70 USD on iHerb.com).
    • This one is cheap and amazing cuz they add a small amount of copper cuz Zinc flushes copper out of the body, so this makes it balanced. 

This will run you only $14.7 USD (in case price being a concern). The Magnesium made me sleep deeper but the sleep was choppy. It was two 3 hour chunks. Adding the Zinc made me sleep 7 hours straight and my body only needs 7 hours for optimal function. You will be better hopefully! Take them with a meal that has no beans, nuts, grains, or anything with phytic acid. In fact, if you can handle them on empty stomach at night, do that, it will make sure they are best absorbed. 

If this helps, let me know, I'll be happy to know that I helped someone suffer less. 

I was pretty awful at falling asleep till recently. I was staying up incredibly late at night (bed at 5am, wake up at 1pm). I wasn't sure if it was physiological or mental. I wasn't pressed to fix it so I just let it stay like this. 

Have you recently went on a holiday? I went on a holiday with my gf and we started going to bed at 9pm every night there. It was at the beach. 

When I came back I noticed the resistance and sleeping problems I was having were gone. 

For me it was all mental. I think finding a way to tackle this side is important if it isn't physiological. Talking about it with trained professional or seeing a sleep therapist. The good thing is this is something that can clear up quick if it isn't too serious. 

@Lyubov unfortunately no holiday in sight. Need to grind and shine to get out of my situation I am in rn.

Guys, I discovered that my bed is basically broken, the metal springs have kind of collapsed in my bed. So going to get a new bed. Does it matter what bed or just get one? Also I got a weighted blanket and it makes me toss around less at night (saw this on my oura ring statistics and I have also felt this). Any advice on getting a good pillow is also appreciated, my neck is kind of fucked up and maybe a good pillow will alleviate some of that pain.

@Yoremo Lion's mane is taken in the morning. It boosts acetylcholine. Don't take it at night, it can stimulate some people. Reishi is better for sleep. 

@Yoremo 2 days ago I started drinking 'Organifi Gold Superfood Tea' before bed...Oh my, it's some magical shamanic tea.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, Michael569 said:

6 pm and wear them till the bed time. At this time of the day i'd gradually start weaning off from all stimulating activity. 

Switch off your PC about 90 minutes before bedtime latest and don't use phone or watch TV after that time either. 

This time is ideal for reading, yoga, meditation, some light journalling but you want to absolutely stay away from all types of dopaminergic or adrenal stimulation (phone, video games etc) 

This level of perfectionism is far too unrealistic and also the best time to play video games is in the late evening, , when else can people play them. Video games would help you sleep because it's a relaxing activity. 

Again, too strict. I have to use my phone and computer often including close to bed time. My brain also works best closer to bed time. 

I'll just accept poor health because it doesn't align with my lifestyle, apart from good diet & exercise. 

I don't understand why you can't just do whatever you want and then for about 40 minutes before bed time, you meditate or relax somehow & then sleep, why has it gotta be so strict, this structure is not cool. 

Edited by Striving for more

@Striving for more Comepletely agree with you, but as you said if you can do like meditation in the evening that might help you. But I have been doing the golden milk peanutspathtotruth reccomended and now after like 2 months I go to sleep really easily. So if you can find things like that you won´t need to sacrifice your health, because realistically I can´t keep that up either without compromissing the rest of my life.

Organifi Gold. It will knock you out and you'll wake up calm and energized and it will carry through the day. It's so potent I only use half a spoon each cup, (that way a tub will last 60 days instead of 30 too, so you'll save money.) Add it to hot water and drink like a tea. Tastes good as well. Super calming and relaxing. Its magical.

20220309_223551.jpg

Edited by Spence94

Personally speaking I have never met someone who struggled with sleeping who also wasn't struggling with something internal. I truly believe that all suggestions outside of working within to resolve internal disputes are just alleviating the symptoms but not the cure. I believe that the act of sleep, is submission, it is the act of letting go. If there is too much built up tension in the body (emotional repression) then letting go will be HARD as there will be RESISTANCE. I have a friend, she can only go to sleep comfortably if I am around. Whenever I am NOT around she struggles to maintain sleep. She thinks I am the reason she can sleep when the REAL reason is my presence convinces her she is safe and as a result she can sleep.

If she can let go of her fear, she would not need to have me around to sleep. When I am around she is able to convince herself that she is safe, which allows her to relax (release of tension) and go to sleep.

I joked with her and said...so basically I've become your Teddy Bear.......

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

13 hours ago, Striving for more said:

I don't understand why you can't just do whatever you want and then for about 40 minutes before bed time, you meditate or relax somehow & then sleep, why has it gotta be so strict, this structure is not cool. 

Some people get impacted by blue light more than others. This is very individual. Maybe you don't get impacted as much. I definitely do so what I described above is observation based on subjective (biased) experience. If that doesnt work with you just ignore that comment completely ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus