Danioover9000

Does drawing help with self actualization?

12 posts in this topic

For example, if you are stuck with a problem that needs solving, and you have a certain way of solving problems, but when you switch to 'drawing' out the problem and potential solutions, you access other ways of thinking about the problem, and better see solutions. Also, when say note taking, another way to better understand the theory you are learning, is drawing some examples of how the theory plays out. Does drawing, then, in some way help one self actualize?

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000

Does the food taste good in my mouth? Who is the only one here that can answer to that question? If anything gives great results I would call that working. How could anyone give better answer to your question that which was being given NOW.

Also if you think that drawing helps to solve problems why didn't you draw that particular problem and pursued the answer? Also it depends on the problem that you are having - if you are hungry and you don't have food at your home I would say that going to the shop, ordering food or going to somewhere to eat would work better than drawing some macaronis :D

Hope that this helped guiding you closer to the answer : )

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

i do enjoy drawing. i often forget about it.

last summer i brought a small scribbling pad with me and drew trees and landscapes.

will do it again when it gets warmer 

Also I forget to mention that drawing is a great way to express your thoughts and feelings to the world if you are good enough. Knowing that you can express something leads to more calm state of mind and confidence levels would skyrocket. Why wouldn't you start journal there where you draw some pictures and people could share the love that you put on them <3

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628

1 hour ago, Kksd74628 said:

Also I forget to mention that drawing is a great way to express your thoughts and feelings to the world if you are good enough. Knowing that you can express something leads to more calm state of mind and confidence levels would skyrocket. Why wouldn't you start journal there where you draw some pictures and people could share the love that you put on them <3

I already have journals and sketchbooks for certain mediums and styles of drawing. I have one here as well.

You can take a blank drawing board and then write your problem in a short word on the board. Then everyday you can focus on this issue and draw a diagram of different solutions to this problem. This can be an effective brain storming technique. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, Nahm said:

@Nahm How? 

I am also wondering about this question. Usually I write via typing, but perhaps adding drawing would help more. I don’t know. 

@preventingdiabetes

Any form of expression is the expression of love, and truth is more readily seen & known so to speak, more felt / recognized. That you are the creator is more pronounced, clearer, the more you create. This is especially true in regard to problem thinking, as it is a removing attention from the thought activity of a ‘there is a problem’ view, and a putting focus on perception, feeing & creativity. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/14/2022 at 4:20 AM, Nahm said:

@preventingdiabetes

Any form of expression is the expression of love, and truth is more readily seen & known so to speak, more felt / recognized. That you are the creator is more pronounced, clearer, the more you create. This is especially true in regard to problem thinking, as it is a removing attention from the thought activity of a ‘there is a problem’ view, and a putting focus on perception, feeing & creativity. 

@Nahm But typing is also a form of creation. How is drawing any different? Is it more effective because it engages the "visual" sensory part of our brain? 

I'm pretty sure humans communicated through visuals far longer than written language. 

@Nahm

On 2/9/2022 at 1:01 AM, Nahm said:

On 2/13/2022 at 3:20 PM, Nahm said:

@preventingdiabetes

Thank you for sharing your perspective on Art.

Painting can help with bringing deep impressions from the unconscious to the conscious. It's apparently better than Psychoanalysis. Osho spoke about it in his series called "Dhammapada". He talks about how Carl Jung used to make his patients take up painting. Here you go.

This is word for word from osho's recordings.

Screenshot_20220219-210733.png

Edited by Chi_