TheOneReborn

Do Stage Yellow people feel the need to form opinions on things?

13 posts in this topic

I've been trying to embody Yellow thinking more and more. And I notice that the more I do so, the less of a need I feel to form opinions on things. I take more of an "observe and understand" approach instead of choosing sides over things. Is this a sign of Yellow thinking? 

What is your opinion on Yellow thinking?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Idk opinions seem to be kinda unavoidable as long as you're a human being. For instance why would you choose to eat healthy food instead of junk? Healthy food = good and Junk food = bad? Nah it doesnt matter in the end wether you are overweight, sick and lacking energy unless you decide that it does and make choices accordingly. My opinion is that the taste of junk food ain't worth the toll on my body.

It seems like any choice requires an opinion of some sort and choices get made no matter what. 

Stage yellow has opinions but it realizes that they're opinions and not truth. What stops is the need to prove or defend them. Up to green there's a belief that "Im right about this and that", there's preaching and other shinanigans. All of that gets recontextualised at yellow. 

Turquoise may be where all this gets recontextualised again to where one realizes that no one is actually making any choices or having any opinions and all of this is just happening as is but I have no idea about turquoise. 

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

Yellow has just as many opinions as the other stages.

The difference is, they'll actually question the validity of their own opinions.

4 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Yellow has just as many opinions as the other stages.

The difference is, they'll actually question the validity of their own opinions.

do other stages not do that or much less frequently?

@PurpleTree the lower the stage, the more prone it is to ideology and dogma.

This is what separates Tier 2 thinking (yellow and above) from Tier 1 (everything below yellow).

35 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is what separates Tier 2 thinking (yellow and above) from Tier 1 (everything below yellow).

Ok thanks. Do you think getting triggered also has something to do with which stage you are. Like a lower stage is getting triggered more easily because they're defending an ideology or feel attacked. Or could stage yellow also be getting triggered the same and it has more to do with personality etc. than with an sp stage.

32 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

I have an idea about this but anyone correct me if I’m wrong:

yellow - at least the way I understand - is about reaching truth together, or building a data-base of truth, thats as much un-biased as possible.

This in relationship to green and lower stages, is less dogmatic and allows multiple perspectives to add their take on matters.

here's my take! @TheOneReborn

stage yellow opinions are mostly free from biases. and here, willingness and open mindedness to put their own standing to litmus test is significant.no dogma, no unquetionable truths and everything is put in to test before acceptance. but do not conflate this with skepticism btw.

your analysis of yourself tell me that u have plenty of yellow in urself. don't take sides and observant. typical! but after enough observations or research you can pick a side.

say, people are in a tug of war situation between War and peace. you can unbiassedly observe and analyse the stats ,reasons, logics expounded by both sides and arrive at conclusions. through that conclusion, you will be choosing side which will be the best for all.

stage yellow folks do have opinions. without them, we simply cannot survive xD .but these opinions are formed via generalized observations and enough evidence or experience behind them. and still , is open for evidence contrary to the held opinion. 

ability to come with a multi perspectival view on things is the most salient character i find . and stage yellow is mostly non judgmental .you don't need to push yourself too much to embody or grab on to stage yellow . it will naturally dawn.at least for me, i didn't rush to get to tier 2. as I would describe myself as a stage yellow assh*ole, this is a natural process and cannot be mimicked by trying to embody it artificially.

stages come consequently and are respective per se. 

Edited by happyhappy

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

stop over fantasizing about yellow. when u reach there u will understand what that stage is without u lifting a finger. all u need is to exhaust stage green and do it in a responsible way. its important to exhaust green in a responsible way or u will injure yourself. also the most important thing in self help is not spiral dynamic or systems thinking. the most important thing is to understand the mastery process imo as it is the foundation on which everything including sd lie.

I feel like my life has been one long lesson in not defending opinions so harshly or protecting myself so intensly. Dialed up to a 100 through trauma and repeated exposure to intense invalidation, so I had the best chance of getting to a place where I don't need to anymore. I am part way there, so not all the way yellow but a good chunk of me is. I lack some of those labels on the examples page. I have examples of every one of the stages apart from turquoise and some shadow of course, which means:

I can find myself going to blue and talking from blue, going to orange (which I seem to love :D) and talking from orange, going to yellow and offering multiple perspectives as they occur to me. Talking about boundaries from Red. Going into a shadow blue perspective, or less red/green shadows. Depending on what place I am talking to you from, and who I am talking to I can find myself very opinionated or more relaxed and free to swap between perspectives. It also depends how much unconsciousness I have in that area when I speak to you and how much trauma is intensifying the conversation, again usually unconsciously (*this trauma can be on either side of the conversation).

As a personal question looking for a perspective that surrounds this. Another sticking point(s) for me is. I know we reincarnate, so if I don't hold a certain perspective and see it reflected, it will evaporate in the collective consciousness after my death, and i'll have to live a future without or with something that in this one has caused me harm or suffering. I know I'll be dead and someone else with an entirey different 'story', so what will it matter right? Well things carry on after we die, people, perspectives, society, technologies. Its hard letting go of the investment in that or the future of that after having lived it. - This is lesser now than it used to be in me. I think age brings change naturally, which lets you see all things are temporal even suffering but still I ask for the benefit of your own experience or insight.

Edited by BlueOak

I really like Richard Rortey's words:

Rorty suggests, that “we see knowledge as a matter of conversation and of social practice, rather than as an attempt to mirror nature” (PMN, 171). Rorty provides this view with a label: “Explaining rationality and epistemic authority by reference to what society lets us say, rather than the latter by the former, is the essence of what I shall call ‘epistemological behaviorism" (quoted from stanford encyclopaedia of philosophy)

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback