AlwaysJoggin

God is the meditation itself

30 posts in this topic

Why do you want enlightenment?

Who investigates into whose thoughts? There is no separate self.

1 minute ago, Nadosa said:

Why do you want enlightenment?

Happiness I don't have to keep working my ass off to maintain.

1 minute ago, Nadosa said:

Who investigates into whose thoughts? There is no separate self.

Is it wiser to investigate who is investigating than other things?

Thank you again for the support, @Nadosa -_-

12 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

I'd love to know how long it took you before your meditation started to feel like this, and how often it does.

Well, I have been meditating for five years and in a certain sense still am struggling with it... however, I feel that I am resisting the struggle less and less these days, which I guess is really the whole 'trick', if you will. The moment you can fully allow your self to 'suck at meditation', you no longer suck at meditation. Or to put it another way: The struggle is the meditation, if you just let it be. ;)

One thing that I have found helpful is practicing the Sedona Method, which is all about allowing whatever comes up and letting it go. Check out Hale Dwoskin's book if you're interested.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@softlyblossoming :D My pleasure!

Just a little word of warning: What I told you might sound like super simple advice, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's easy to put into practice. The whole journey of letting go is a pretty bumpy and counterintuitive process, so don't get discouraged if you don't immediately feel like a freaking Buddha overnight.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, softlyblossoming said:

Do you find happiness in the future? Or in a future state?

23 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

Do you find happiness in the future? Or in a future state?

Sometimes, but it's never everlasting happiness.

Sometimes I feel bad for seeking happiness in my thoughts about the past and future, because I'm not seeking happiness in the simple act of doing meditation itself.

Sometimes I tell myself that holding this attitude of opposition to finding pleasure in such thoughts is a good thing, telling myself that I'm 'seeing the impermanence and inherent unsatisfactoriness of going out to objects for a source of well-being, instead of sourcing my pleasure in the act of meditating, or better yet, relying not on any reason at all to be happy (though how I'd actually put this latter example into practice, I don't know).'

I don't know how to feel about all of this. What do you think, @Nadosa?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The whole journey of letting go is a pretty bumpy and counterintuitive process, so don't get discouraged if you don't immediately feel like a freaking Buddha overnight.

Amen to that, @Bazooka Jesus xD. Can't lie, I do sometimes get discouraged by my lack of Buddhahood.

3 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

Sometimes, but it's never everlasting happiness.

Sometimes I feel bad for seeking happiness in my thoughts about the past and future, because I'm not seeking happiness in the simple act of doing meditation itself.

Sometimes I tell myself that holding this attitude of opposition to finding pleasure in such thoughts is a good thing, telling myself that I'm 'seeing the impermanence and inherent unsatisfactoriness of going out to objects for a source of well-being, instead of sourcing my pleasure in the act of meditating, or better yet, relying not on any reason at all to be happy (though how I'd actually put this latter example into practice, I don't know).'

I don't know how to feel about all of this. What do you think, @Nadosa?

5 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

"Finding happiness in my thoughts" is another thought ?

You dont go anywhere. 

To seek and rely on the term "everlasting happiness" is not going to work. Everlasting happiness is a thought. Because as soon as you believe "this is it", you tend to state chase it back.

Your pleasure is sourced neither in meditation, nor in any other practise...but in you. 

Sadghuru asked: is there any distance from yourself to yourself?

Really inspect this. It takes one moment.

From there on, take on your journey - it's all an act of Love from there, practise how much you want.

Rupert Spira: "In our true nature, our action doesn't come from resistance"

Then you will really know what meditation is.

Edited by Nadosa

@Nadosa Thank you!!! 

3 hours ago, Nadosa said:

"Finding happiness in my thoughts" is another thought ?

You dont go anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Nadosa said:

Your pleasure is sourced neither in meditation, nor in any other practise...but in you. 

Sadghuru asked: is there any distance from yourself to yourself?

Really inspect this. It takes one moment.

You got me good with ^ these ^ pointers 9_9