charlie cho

How is Warren Buffett still alive eating junk food daily?

69 posts in this topic

Over a litre of cherry coke a day. Mcmuffins in the morning. Icecream. The list goes on. The man is 90 years old and he looks to me healthier than any person who care about their health.

What is this??? 

Maybe warren does not strain himself mentally about his health. Thats why hes healthy?

Ive speculated people who have low health anxiety have great health ? 

@charlie cho Assuming his diet really is that garbage, it could be a variety of things he has going for him. Perhaps good genetics or placebo. Certainly low chronic stress helps.

The mistake would be to assume that Buffet is healthy because of the way he eats. When in reality he is likely healthy in spite of the way he eats.

We also don’t really know exactly how healthy he is. Health is holistic and can be tough to measure. He could have premature bone loss, periodontal disease, bad circulation, bad gut health etc which are not always so obvious when just looking at someone. At the very least we know he wears prescription eyeglasses, so that’s one indicator of poor health.

Edited by aurum

I have wondered this myself.

Some people just have lucky genetics. Like Trump.

If I ate the shit they eat I would be dead by now.

There may actually be a correlation between one's level of consciousness and how sensitive your body/brain is to toxins. Notice that a high performance sports car requires superior fuel to travel the same mileage. High performance machines tend to be more sensitive and fragile, requiring higher precision in their operation.

There are some people who smoke a pack of cigarettes a day their whole lives and never get cancer. But are these highly conscious people? Would you really want to trade places with them even if they live to 100? Trump will probably live more years than I do, but I don't regret that one bit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I highly doubt that he still eats so much of this diet daily.

Firstly, he probably drinks coke and Mcmuffin for marketing. He probably only drink a small mouthful of coke in public and only take a small bite off the burger even when he eats. McDonalds is mainly bad if you eat a lot of those fried foods, fries and drinks. But if you only eat a bit of the healthier options, I think it's not too bad.

He eats what he wants without feeling stressed over them.

Much of it has to do with genetics. However, a lot of also has to do with how wealthy someone is and how much access someone else has to certain medical and healthcare resources. People Trump and Buffett had always been very rich.

No amount of wealth with save you from bad health.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

No amount of wealth with save you from bad health.

It actually does make quite a difference. Why do you that kings, queens, princes, and princess, the rich clergymen, and other rich folks out there have always on average had longer lifespans?

Also, people like Buffett and Trump also don't smoke or drink. Those things definitely have been beneficial for their overall health.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are some people who smoke a pack of cigarettes a day their whole lives and never get cancer. But are these highly conscious people?

Nisargadatta was a heavy smoker. He lived to 84.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There may actually be a correlation between one's level of consciousness and how sensitive your body/brain is to toxins. Notice that a high performance sports car requires superior fuel to travel the same mileage. High performance machines tend to be more sensitive and fragile, requiring higher precision in their operation.

Yeah I suspect there’s something to that.

I ate almost entirely garbage during the early years of my life. It did affect me but I still had no major health problems. Just minor things.

As I did more consciousness work though, it felt like certain foods and substances become unbearable to me.

It’s like low consciousness can only run on low consciousness fuel, and higher consciousness can only run on higher consciousness fuel.

Edited by aurum

48 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

It actually does make quite a difference. Why do you that kings, queens, princes, and princess, the rich clergymen, and other rich folks out there have always on average had longer lifespans?

Of course having good healthcare helps.

But if you have bad health genetically, no riches will save you.

48 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Also, people like Buffett and Trump also don't smoke or drink. Those things definitely have been beneficial for their overall health.

Of course that helps.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's very interesting. I have noticed over the past few years I have moved away from junk food not just for health benefits but because now a lot of things like candy, cake and greasy food makes my stomach hurt and makes me feel really shitty, whereas that would never happen before. The past few years were also when i started to get into spirituality and raising my consciousness, so that's interesting. It could also be just from getting older but I am still young with a strong metabolism so I don't think so.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Great Gene pool. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Alcohol isn’t bad for your health if you are moderate.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I don't know man, this is very baffling to me. Some people are saying genetics here.

I don't care how good his genetics are, if someone eats like that he should get ill. Simple as that. I don't know how he's still intact.

One more theory in my mind is that maybe he has some chronic ailments, but he hides them in order to maintain a good image in front of the media.

Unfortunately, most of us aren't lucky like that. We have to work our way upto health. 

And regarding the low chronic stress remark, no man. No matter how chill you are, eating a shit ton of junk food will always do it's work. Having low stress helps, but only when combined with a healthy lifestyle.

Good genetics i would say.

That is what it boils down too.

Sadhguru slept 3 hours a day for years and he was perfectly fine doing that.

For most people that would not work at all.

I think Buffet is an outlier, most people cannot afford to eat like that all their lives and be healthy.

I'd also say it's he's keeping busy and has a purpose. 

Older people I know who have bad diets, but seem healthy all have a few things in common community, and purpose. 

My friend's grandpa lived until 91.  Smoked a pack a day since his early 20s. And he said the secret is keeping your mind busy and spending as much time as possible around people you love.

There's no way he actually drinks a Litre of cherry coke daily. I mean, c'mon.. 

He might be on a cocktail of meds keeping his blood pressure and cholesterol low for all you know. I wouldn't expect him to feel a need to share that with the world. Could also be strong genetic component such ad increased detoxification efficiency, improved antioxidant recycling, longer telomere caps etc

Eventually eating that way he will die way before what his potential longevity could have been but sometimes people get away with a lot

Having a strong sense of passion and commitment seems so somewhat protective for people tho, especially mentally so that will be a factor here

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

tbh that just sounds like a marketing ploy to be more relatable to the average citizen. 

Reminds me of Musk flexing about living in a 50k house. Not mentioning of course his several mansions. 

+ Doesn't he have a lot of investments in all those junk food companies? It's pretty clever if you think about it. "Buy those products, I use them every day and I am healthy and successful, don't worry about it.." 

Edited by Godhead