funkychunkymonkey

Any start up tips for youtube?

9 posts in this topic

i wanna teach meditation and yoga on youtube, how would i start this journey? i posted two posts already but curious how you guys did it (if u did it of course lol) this is a new world for me kinda funny i never imagined i would try this. i have taken some notes on like SEO, post, connect to your fans, leave hearts keywords and such idk im just curious what u guys have to say :D 

namaste 

hey, i'm not a youtuber but my brother is doing tech vids on his channel is spare time.

i think u don't mind me giving some tips as a guy who spend hours on yt almost everyday!

1. be niche  specific. generalized content and channels are typically unpopular. 

2. from the beginning, create your own style, see how leo's vids contain the same themes from the beginning.  ( tho his face thumbnail was lost along the way XD)  see how he is wearing the same white shirt in the same venue ,see how his intro is the same. see his special costumes for special editions at Christmas and Halloween.

this is marketing and branding in action.leo understands these principles of branding and you too can learn and apply these principles of branding and marketing

3. the competition in youtube is brutal now. so you will have to expect a tough way up this game. still ,I have seen innovative creators  beat all the other channels in a matter of months. and what many spiritual teachers lack is the collaboration with their viewers. and even if do have it in the beginning, it will get harder as ur channel gets bigger.  

4. spirituality is not a mainstream thing yet. so I hope you do not expect views in thousands from the start. and it will likely take longer for this kinda content to catch fire for you to start making revenue off it. ( I am not saying this to discourage u in any way but duuude, i wanted to be realistic)

if your intention is to deliver and share your knowledge and better other lives, then surely mann!!!! GO FOR IT! @funkychunkymonkey

5. despite the number of views at the start if you keep posting consistent ,quality, life -changing content ,your success out there is already granted !

betting on ya man! eager to see your channel  soon!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@happyhappy thanks man! thanks for reminding me that spirituality isnt mainstream yet! that somehow slipped my mind. i have my personal channel ive been practicing with ill post it here if u wanna give any input, i know the quality is shitty especially the audio i did order a cheap mic to help fix that. but once im comfortable and fluent talking to a cmaera i wanna start up the other channel :D 

15 minutes ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@happyhappy thanks man! thanks for reminding me that spirituality isnt mainstream yet! that somehow slipped my mind. i have my personal channel ive been practicing with ill post it here if u wanna give any input, i know the quality is shitty especially the audio i did order a cheap mic to help fix that. but once im comfortable and fluent talking to a cmaera i wanna start up the other channel :D 

bid ya godspeed dude! <3

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Focus on making quality content that you enjoy. Try to add some sort of improvement each video. Consistency is key. 

Just make a lot of content, and do it for yourself even if the videos are also meant to help people. If you don’t enjoy the process, there’s no point. If you enjoy the process, the results will be better. You will stick with it for the long haul. 

Doing it for attention, subscribers, and money will likely result in less consistency long term than if you did it for the enrichment of your own life in less trivial ways. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

The best strategy is to make sure you have quality content first. And embrace the grind to keep pumping out new content regularly. The marketing aspect is a secondary focus i.e. SEO, social media, community building etc. It's really hard to get traction going if you have shit content, although it is possible. But it's a shitty strategy if you want you channel to be sustainable

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)